The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How do you ask for higher % commission?

Honeybadger

AffKit Ninja
What is the best way to ask for a better commission rate?

Not sure how it works but I have generated $20k in the past month across 5 networks and getting average 4-5% commission

Or should I just promote higher value products?

Consider me nudged!

This is always a challenge unless you have a history of doing so with a few other companies typically. It took me several years before I convinced my first affiliate program manager to put me in touch with his boss. That didn't work out. So, the next time I went to the New York summit and found the people I needed to talk to. This did work out well. The thing is they wanted excessively high volume, so I asked them for a target to hit. That was the magic formula.

Now keep in mind, I don't know if this happens with affiliate networks, I guess it's possible. Most of my work has been with affiliate programs. It's also easier to go to a summit and meet the owners or bosses representing an aff program. All I had to do is hit my targets. In my case, it was always with private aff programs, invite only.

I can tell you a proven track record was ultra important to them. When a person has a good reputation of delivering the goods, has the ability to scale, and is willing to put in the effort up front to prove they can do it, then the aff program managers and owners (especially) will happily negotiate.

Last edited:
banners
Back