The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Crystal_303

affiliate
My name is Crystal and I am a Colorado Native who, prior to CO-VID19, had been working in the Cannabis industry for the past 8 years, but I have been unemployed for about a year now and am trying to expand my skills by stepping into affiliate marketing! I am a total and complete newbie at this, and it really is a lot harder than I expected. A lot of the jargon is like a foreign language to me. I am learning a lot already, but I have no idea what funnels and campaigns are or how to build them, how to use analytics, how to gain traffic, using auto-responders, and I don't kno anything about coding, so I've had a difficult time playing around with the drag and drop plugins on WordPress, and somehow, I always seem to think I did everything right this time, I click publish and then try to visit my site and I get a "site not secure" message or a 404 error, so I delete all the files and start over... I've been trying to set up my websites for about a month now, lol! But it is a good learning experience and hopefully I'll get the hang of it sooner than later! A mentor would be nice to help set up things if anyone could help a girl out!

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────

Question threads here pls:
Newbie Helpdesk

Welcome to AffiliateFix!

am trying to expand my skills by stepping into affiliate marketing! I am a total and complete newbie at this, and it really is a lot harder than I expected.

This IS NOT HARD!

There is just a learning curve, as there is in any profession. Just maintain a level of learning everyday and it will come together. Learning and implementing never stops in this business. It is a part of the business no matter how long you are in it.

A lot of the jargon is like a foreign language to me.

This is also true in any business. No matter the business, they all have their own subset of language skills to adopt.

I am learning a lot already, but I have no idea what funnels and campaigns are or how to build them, how to use analytics, how to gain traffic, using auto-responders,

What is Affiliate Marketing? (START HERE)

and I don't know anything about coding

This is not a requirement. Most in this business have no functional coding skills.

I've had a difficult time playing around with the drag and drop plugins on WordPress

Well, when learning a new plugin or app, one must have developed the knowledge of what they plugin to or apply to. In your case, Wordpress, which has it's own required learning curve.

I get a "site not secure" message or a 404 error, so I delete all the files and start over

This is because you do not have an SSL certificate installed on your server, and/or your domain(s).

A mentor would be nice to help set up things if anyone could help a girl out!

This never happens. I don't know where beginners or Newbies ever got the idea that a "mentor" would have interest in providing their teachings or sharing their knowledge to anyone brand new. It is not what a mentor is or does. A mentor is a highly skilled and accomplished individual in their specific field that chooses a protege that has markedly high success in the same field with skills developed outreaching most others in the field. A protege is an individual chosen by a mentor to carry on after the mentor is retired or dead.

What you require is a teacher. Teachers always precede any opportunities a mentor may provide. ALWAYS!

You are here in a community with marketers and company reps that represent all levels of success in this industry. Why in the world would you want one person over all the minds here in this community?

This is where you learn, ask questions, and get the advice you require for each and every step of your development.

Treat this community as your teacher and family!

Hello and welcome to AffiliateFix, Crystal!

A lot of people (most?) find the beginning steps a bit daunting but once you get through the learning process, you'll be able to speed along nicely with your setup(s). :) You'll always have to be ready and flexible to make tweaks or change strategies but having a strong foundation on the basics will make what follows a bit easier.

Anytime you have a question, need help, or want to share some good information, just start a thread to let us know.

Enjoy the forum, Crystal. :)

MI
Back