Google Begins To Mimic FB & Twitter Audience Targeting Options

Certified

T J Tutor

GM
Administrator
Certified Vendor
Dojo Master
AffKit
Google is coming back into our lives a bit more. As advertisers, we’ll be able to upload and target email lists in AdWords with customer match. We’ll be able to target customers and similar audiences with ads on search, Gmail, and YouTube.

Customer Match is what they are calling it and it will allow for us as advertisers to upload our customer and promotional email lists in AdWords.

The new targeting goes beyond traditional search and includes YouTube Trueview Ads as well as native ads in Gmail.

This is the first time Google has allowed advertisers the ability to target our own customer owned data in AdWords. We as advertisers will be able to set bids and create ads geared for audiences built from our own lists.

Similar systems have been in place with Facebook and Twitter for a while now and this is obviously Googles adjustment to bring back some of us as advertisers into the fold.

The similar audience’s component in all of this is huge. Just like Facebook, we will be able to target other audiences besides are own based on the Googles data driven backbone, giving us to the ability to piggyback there huge database for new potential customers. While they have had similar audiences available for retargeting in their display network for a while, it will now be available for AdWords, in fact across all marketing platforms in their advertising platform.

Customer Match and Similar Audiences will be available globally over the next few weeks.

Related Articles:

TechCrunch
Marketing Land

Wow, sounds huge! And expensive. :) With high potential.

Just to make sure I understand what you're saying....our ads would go into our lists' emails? With the option to expand our reach to Google's email customers?

Wow, sounds huge! And expensive. :) With high potential.

Just to make sure I understand what you're saying....our ads would go into our lists' emails? With the option to expand our reach to Google's email customers?

Just like in FB, you can use your own lists as targets for your Google campaigns.

Customer Match lets you upload a list of email addresses that your customers have given you, and, when they're signed into Google Search, YouTube, or Gmail, you can show them ads. This article explains the steps you need to follow to create and manage your lists, along with the requirements.

Just like in FB, you can use your own lists as targets for your Google campaigns.

Customer Match lets you upload a list of email addresses that your customers have given you, and, when they're signed into Google Search, YouTube, or Gmail, you can show them ads. This article explains the steps you need to follow to create and manage your lists, along with the requirements.

Cool, thanks TJ.

I don't have a FB account (I know, the only person on the planet), so can't assimilate there but I'm pretty sure I get the picture now.

You're always so good at explaining things. No wonder you're a tutor. :)

That is a plus to google, it just shows that they were working and not just being around. It will make the placements of ads a very easier task than it was ever before. being able to select the target region or context of ad display is the best. Since there are ads that just target a section of users, the geo tagging on the update deserve a 5 star. With improved promotion platforms, it comes the improved and widened customers or client base. Google ads are moving towards the right direction.

banners
Back