The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate
i'm not sure i've understand your question, seems like i'm missing something here can you explain more please??

I dont fully understand it either. But it is also mentioned in Charles Ngo's guide. He says that clickdealer uses CAKE, and the way he shows in the guide will work for all networks built on the CAKE tracking software/technology.

This post by Laurent Malka on quora, explains it more thoroughly; Postback links

Here is a quote from the post;

« Relevant parameters: your tracking software and the affiliate program/advertiser need to understand each others, and this is where most people usually fail in making this work.
  1. Advertiser needs to provide a query string parameter where you will be able to append a clickid
    1. hasoffers: aff_sub=yourclickid
    2. Cake: s2=yourclickid
    3. cj.com: sid=yourclickid »
So, from what I understand it's important to know which platform the netswork runs on to configurate the postback correctly... But my guess is that Mobidea uses cake, since it has worked fine for you :)

ah yes i understand now. Mobidea reffer to it as {EXTERNAL_ID}.
and in the offer link is either DATA3 or TagID
mine is Tag id so my offers links are like this: https@//xxxxxx@com/aff_id/offer_id? data1=track1&data2=track2&tagid={EXTERNAL_ID}
so this External_id i replace it with {click_id}token from voluum.

is this clear enough??

@Aimad Sorry, I don't get it. I need to get a setup instructor...

On page 168 in the guide he says

"...Go into your affiliate network, and click on the offer....(page 169)...
3. There is the secure postback URL. Copy the URL or click the clipboard.
Now, we need to place the Postback URL in the affiliate network."

I dont understand. Find the link from the Affiliate network and place it in the affiliate network? :confused:

yes i read that it was difficult for me to understand it to hahaha but eventuly i've figured it out,
in fact what you need to do is go to volum click setting-->setup and then copy the secure post back url you'll find there
then go to mobidea and go to setting-->global post back. and then past your post back url you got from voluum
then youl have to replace the tokens
for that: you'll find "cid=Replace" it should be like this "cid={EXTERNAL_ID} (note: it's case sensetive, type it in capital letters)
then you'll find "payout=optional" it should be like this "payout={MONEY} (again it's case sensetive)
then you should be good to go
note: when you set up your global postback url in mobidea, you dont have to re-set it for every offer you want to run. I find it very good
we can talk on skype if you want me to help you step by step it's completly ok in my side

Last edited:
i have forgot, mobidea have voluum platform integrated so you only have to go to setting-->global post back, and there choose voluum, they will ask you to ad your tracking domain and they will do the setting for you it's that easy.
i forgot because i'm not using volum i'm using bemob wich they don't support so i had to set it up my self hahah sorry for that

this how it looks in my account, i selected costum because they dont have bemob, you should select voluum

Attachments

• fix.png
    fix.png
    69.7 KB · Views: 29
@Aimad Thanks you again! You are being super helpful.
So, I have 6 custome subdomains created in my Bluehostpanel.

They are;
sub1.mydomain.xxx
sub2.mydomain.xxx
etc...

I created cname records for each of them like this;
sub1.trackvoluum.com
sub2.trackvoluum.com
etc...

(Although I'm not sure if the cname records are working properly.)

So, when I should add my tracking domain in Mobidea, which should I add? Is it my own custom domain (mydomain.xxx) or the voluum tracking domain (trackvoluum.com). And should the sub1 be included?

go to voluum settings-->set up and check your secure post back url youl find something like this "trakingdomaindotcom/postback?cid=xxx&payout=xxx&txid=xxx" take only "trakingdomaindotcom" this what you'r going to need ( the default tracking domain for voluum looks like this "xxxx.trackvoluum.com but i don't know if it changes when you add your costume domain because in bemob it didn't change for me it's still the deffault)

I dont know what is the best way, but I use leadpages.net now and it seems to work ok. Download them as html files and upload them to my custom domain.

Great thread you have here.
Keep it up, and never give up.

It's only looks to me that you an overthinking kind or person, and I am just like you.
You need to be focus, right.
You need to learn all the things before you starts, of course.
And you just want to make sure that everything is in the right place before you start, because loosing money is not fun.... No doubt!

But are ready, looks like you have all the right tools in your hands and you just need to start playing with them- so just go for it.

To be honest I am not doing something like you, I am not focusing on mobile campaigns - probably I am doing hybrid campaigns and I use FB as my traffic source, still learning how to master it because there is like, endless potential there. And I am not even using a landing pages.

You have got it all, and I will be happy to help you in whatever I can.
Feel free to ask.

And I have a question too.
How is leadpages works for you? Is the LP loading time good?
Is easy to set a landing page with them?

I looking to start creating my own LP, but there is a lot of way to do it?
And you see, I am like you ---- OVERTHINKING!!!! :confused:

Hello @ProMunch! Hahaha, yes, you are right! I do have a very strong wish to understand how things work. Thank you for writing :) And I also dont want to knowingly waste my money on a crap campaign...

I'll actually (hopefully) launch a campaign tomorrow, if I get the approval in time. I sent it to my affiliate network as a pfd yesterday, with all the variables (text, graphics and styles) I want to split test. But the design people are only working weekdays, so I have to wait.

It's a campaign with no ads, only landing pages (popunder campaign). So, I need to find a traffic source where I can choose popunder AND that can be integrated with the tracker in a "one click" type of way. Because I still cant figure out how the integrations work, and what type of integration goes with what traffic source. This is a huge handicap I think, to not be able to choose the traffic sources I want to try bacuse of technical stuff!

I might end up launching it on one of the predefined big traffic sources, with super high competition, and throwing my money out the window, just so I can say I actually launced a campaign. No wonder people give up :confused:

I don't know what the loading time of leadpages are. I tried to open the html code, but its just a short code with some links to leadpages domain... probably not the best solution? I would rather have a landing page builder that gives me direct access to the actual code.

Tested it on google pagespeed, but the speed was unavailable.

Yes, yes, I know, you probably think I'm thinking too much again :p

Hello @ProMunch! Hahaha, yes, you are right! I do have a very strong wish to understand how things work. Thank you for writing :) And I also dont want to knowingly waste my money on a crap campaign...

I'll actually (hopefully) launch a campaign tomorrow, if I get the approval in time. I sent it to my affiliate network as a pfd yesterday, with all the variables (text, graphics and styles) I want to split test. But the design people are only working weekdays, so I have to wait.

It's a campaign with no ads, only landing pages (popunder campaign). So, I need to find a traffic source where I can choose popunder AND that can be integrated with the tracker in a "one click" type of way. Because I still cant figure out how the integrations work, and what type of integration goes with what traffic source. This is a huge handicap I think, to not be able to choose the traffic sources I want to try bacuse of technical stuff!

I might end up launching it on one of the predefined big traffic sources, with super high competition, and throwing my money out the window, just so I can say I actually launced a campaign. No wonder people give up :confused:

I don't know what the loading time of leadpages are. I tried to open the html code, but its just a short code with some links to leadpages domain... probably not the best solution? I would rather have a landing page builder that gives me direct access to the actual code.

Tested it on google pagespeed, but the speed was unavailable.

Yes, yes, I know, you probably think I'm thinking too much again :p[/QUOTE

Loved that answer.
It's seems like you doing your best, I am sure you will succeed.

Regarding Leadpages, I am sure they are pretty good.
A lot of great affiliates using them s

Loved that answer.
It's seems like you doing your best, I am sure you will succeed.

Regarding Leadpages, I am sure they are pretty good.
A lot of great affiliates using them so I guess they are worth it.

Update:
A campaign was launched, and after some tweaks I actually managed to get traffic to it as well :)
Got almost 7000 impressions on my ads and just over 1000 clicks - no conversions.

I'm carefully exited. Because I lost money, but I'm quite happy with the clicks rate on my customized ads. It's about 15%. And when I look at the optimizing alternatives I could easily have got my clicks up to 20-25%.

But nobody converted. Does that mean its a bad offer? It's a race car game that cost money and no free trial. What would you do? Find an offer for a free similar game and use the same ads? Build pre-landing pages and stick with the offer? or other options? The traffic source is StartApp and I used rich text and interstitial ads.

Update:
A campaign was launched, and after some tweaks I actually managed to get traffic to it as well :)
Got almost 7000 impressions on my ads and just over 1000 clicks - no conversions.

I'm carefully exited. Because I lost money, but I'm quite happy with the clicks rate on my customized ads. It's about 15%. And when I look at the optimizing alternatives I could easily have got my clicks up to 20-25%.

But nobody converted. Does that mean its a bad offer? It's a race car game that cost money and no free trial. What would you do? Find an offer for a free similar game and use the same ads? Build pre-landing pages and stick with the offer? or other options? The traffic source is StartApp and I used rich text and interstitial ads.

Hi @Annesoren .
Well done on what you managed to achieve, it's definitely something.

I think that if you like the offer, and you do see potential in it try to monetize it.
Maybe what the people needs is that lending page that will tell them way they need to play this game.

Personally, if I was you, I would probably switch an offer to something more friendly.
Gaming is a great niche and still allowed in all traffic source also social traffic as FB.
Stay on it.
Try to find another offer a one that pays you per installation - and do not cost money for the user.

So again, good job on the clicks.
1) Try to target the audience more correctly.
**I don't know exactly now how you traffic source works, but I will be happy to get a short explanation from you.
2) Landing Page can do a lot of difference. I by myself going to start using them in the next few days.
I will probably use LeadPages.
3) If a good lander and optimizing the campaign doesn't work, don't overthink about it, find another offer.

Hi! I am Anne from Norway. Where to start...

I haven't launched a single campaign yet, and I keep getting stuck on obstacles on the way - but getting closer...
I have worked as an analys in some major corporations, am fairly intelligent, and studied graphic design as well.
I signed up for all the tools and downloaded some landing pages from Adplexity just to see how they are built, but wow was I demotivated! They all seem super advanced with tons of scripts, stylesheets etc. and I just dont know where to go from here. Studying codes for months is no alternative :(

What I have done so far is to:

get a domain, hosting, tracking software (trackingdesk), spy tool (Adplexity), affiliate network (one of the small ones, because the larger wants to see results before they let me in), traffic source (PopAds, PropellerAds), learn some basic HTML and CSS, added subdomains and created CNAME records to my tracker.

I plan to start with mobile traffic, and I have one offer approval so I can run a test campaign, but I can't seem to put everything together...

Questions:
- How does everyone create their pre-landers? Do they need to be so advanced?
- Do you sometimes grab logos and images from the offer website - and is that allowed?
- What pixel sizes should the ads be? Lets say I want to make a native ad on a mobile source - how do I know the size it should be? Is it just a simple .jpg?
- Is there anyone who can help someone like me to go through the steps of launching a campaign for the first time?
Hey I am newbie too but I don't have your computer skills on HTMS and CSS. Did you purchase any of the mobile boot camp program recommended by the people in this forum? I am looking for a partner to share the program. Are you interested?

Hey I am newbie too but I don't have your computer skills on HTMS and CSS. Did you purchase any of the mobile boot camp program recommended by the people in this forum? I am looking for a partner to share the program. Are you interested?

Hi @ANNIELYNN No, I havent purchased any kind of training. Couldnt find anything. I dont think you need to know the codes, just use some landing page builder. Actually I have made a little money on a campaign, but I think its so frustrating to have to ask the networks for approval on every creative I want to try out. Also the offers I get access to have such a low payout.
So, I built my own drop shipping store, so I can play around with the creatives without asking first, and I can choose from so many more products with waaaaay higher payout. I havent launched yet, but soon :)

Right now I'm not going to buy any training, but would love to stay in touch! Just send me a message :)

MI
Back