The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate
nobody converted. Does that mean its a bad offer? It's a race car game that cost money and no free trial. What would you do? Find an offer for a free similar game and use the same ads? Build pre-landing pages and stick with the offer? or other options? The traffic source is StartApp and I used rich text and interstitial ads.

Hey Anne

Thought I'd give you some pointers as I really don't like to see fellow affiliates throwing money out the window.

I would say both your offer and your traffic sources are junk, which means there is very little probability this will make a healthy ROI and is scalable.

The only traffic sources that never let me down are Adwords PPC, BING search PPC and Facebook timeline ads. Everything else is pretty much not worth it in terms of quality clicks.

In regards to your offer, I don't ever touch any products that require a customer to pull out his credit card and make a purchase. Why? Because I don't like to take all the risk and the company I send the traffic to takes none. This doesn't sound very fair to me, so I look for offers where that risk is equally split and I get a commission per signup, enquiry, call in or application.

These are much easier to convert and the fact I only stick to proven traffic sources means my hit rate of finding a winning product is much, much higher ;)

Hope that helps!
Nick

So, I built my own drop shipping store, so I can play around with the creatives without asking first, and I can choose from so many more products with waaaaay higher payout.

Hey!!
Loved that solution, it's funny because I am just thinking about doing the same.
I will probably do both, but doing my own dropshipping store along with a nice blog is the dream.

Any advice on something to read about it that you found effective?
And you doing it with Shopify?

Thanks!

The only traffic sources that never let me down are Adwords PPC, BING search PPC and Facebook timeline ads. Everything else is pretty much not worth it in terms of quality clicks.

Thank you so much for great advise! I will stick to those. Btw, what do you think about Pinterest? I made a lingerie store, but didnt think about Facebooks/Instagrams strict ad policies. I can make campaigns anyway, but the options are limited.

I did not move forward with the traffic source I had. And I agree that the offer is crap too. It seems like the networks with high quality offers are more picky with there affiliates (which I fully understand). Actually I dont feel motivated by any of the offers I get access to so that is why I want to have my own store. But I guess the principals are much the same when building/optimizing a campaign?
Thanks again :)

Hey!!
Loved that solution, it's funny because I am just thinking about doing the same.
I will probably do both, but doing my own dropshipping store along with a nice blog is the dream.

Any advice on something to read about it that you found effective?
And you doing it with Shopify?

Thanks!
Hi @ProMunch :)
I'm using Shopify. The only problem is the very limited shipping configuration options (unless you have the most expensive platform). Other than that it seems great.
I'm following some great turorials on youtube - Its the best info source I found for building and marketing a Shopify store. I feel really exited about it because now I can promote offers I actually like .

And I have booked a help session with a getresponse rep this evening for tips on how to build my email list. Because one thing I got from all my research is that its the back end marketing that holds the potential. So I will focus on getting my list built and then work on my sales.

I plan on using the tips from affiliating to get my leads/emails. Hope it works as neatly as it sounds, haha

Hi @ProMunch :)
I'm using Shopify. The only problem is the very limited shipping configuration options (unless you have the most expensive platform). Other than that it seems great.
I'm following some great turorials on youtube - Its the best info source I found for building and marketing a Shopify store. I feel really exited about it because now I can promote offers I actually like .

And I have booked a help session with a getresponse rep this evening for tips on how to build my email list. Because one thing I got from all my research is that its the back end marketing that holds the potential. So I will focus on getting my list built and then work on my sales.

I plan on using the tips from affiliating to get my leads/emails. Hope it works as neatly as it sounds, haha

Nice!
I will start working on my soon too.
Focusing on an email list is very important that is right.

I believe that there is few threads here about shopify.
Bedside that why using getresponds? Shopify does not have a email marketing services?

Anyway, I will be happy to stay in touch with you that we could help each other in the process, of course only if you want and don't mind.

Nice!
I will start working on my soon too.
Focusing on an email list is very important that is right.

I believe that there is few threads here about shopify.
Bedside that why using getresponds? Shopify does not have a email marketing services?

Anyway, I will be happy to stay in touch with you that we could help each other in the process, of course only if you want and don't mind.

Sure, it would be great to share tips along the way :)

I think Shopify has mailchimp integration. But I dont think they have squeeze page builders... I may be wrong though.

I thougt I'd use the same prosess as when building an affiliate campaign. With different (rotating) leadpages and ads, to collect emails and send traffic to my store. And then optimize using the most effective.

I hope someone will shout out if thats wrong thinking or I can do that without a third party...

Sure, it would be great to share tips along the way :)

I think Shopify has mailchimp integration. But I dont think they have squeeze page builders... I may be wrong though.

I thougt I'd use the same prosess as when building an affiliate campaign. With different (rotating) leadpages and ads, to collect emails and send traffic to my store. And then optimize using the most effective.

I hope someone will shout out if thats wrong thinking or I can do that without a third party...

Great!
I think the LeadPages integrates perfect with Shopify, so you can test landing pages to your store with them.
Besides that I have worked with mailchimp, they are pretty expensive tho.
I also used SendInBlue that are pretty ok and give you a nice free package to start.

You are too much OVERCOMPLICATING all.

Why don't you start to identify a niche, build an Email List, nurture your leads with quality content and then sell affiliate products you trust?

Are you going to build a real sustainable business or a temporary joke?

Use Leadpages for landing and opt in pages. Greengeeks as hosting is affordable and clean

If you are a newbie I highly recommend you start with something easier. CPA marketing is hard. TeeSpring or Shopify dropshipping is much easier and there are less things to learn as a newbie

MI
Back