The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Ryan Bartman

affiliate
Hello,

Do you guys have any sort of thumbrule for when you'd give up on a given offer? I'm running a $20 CPA offer right now on FB and have just 2 conversions so far on almost $300 spent.. Just curious as to when you really decide to move on to another offer. Thank you!

Hey Ryan,

A common rule I'd usually go for is probably 10x the offer without conversions = cut.
But since you have 2 conversions, it depends how well you know the source, traffic, funnel etc. Has it been proven to work before or are you split testing variations and received 2 conversions?

2 conversions shows that it atleast converts, it's all about making it work for the offer :)

If you had said that you spent $300 with 0 conversions it's definitely worth cutting.

Even a tweak of a headline can dramatically change performance :)

Thanks for the reply/advice! The offer, according to my AM, has been working very well. I know with FB a lot of it is getting the algorithm to optimize and each conversion makes it stronger so that's why I'm not sure if I should push on with my current campaign or perhaps try different creatives.

Thanks for the reply/advice! The offer, according to my AM, has been working very well. I know with FB a lot of it is getting the algorithm to optimize and each conversion makes it stronger so that's why I'm not sure if I should push on with my current campaign or perhaps try different creatives.

No problem!

Yes, that's true. How long have you been running this specific campaign?
Is there any variables which stand out, performing really bad?

I've been running it since Thursday (it is a solar offer).. I've actually tried several different campaigns with it now with different set ups.. First time I had just one campaign (conversion campaign) with 3 ad sets and multiple different ads in each ad set.. This one held a $1.39 CPC and $19 CPM. Then I was reading that you should never have different ad creatives under a single ad set and that FB campaigns are best set up with 1 ad set and 1 ad creative per ad set (So you'd have many different campaigns with different ad creatives). This type of set up has combined for a $2.89 CPC and $26 CPM so my results definitely seem worse so far.

I see, one thing that I've learned is to let the campaigns run without touching them at all to gather uninterrupted data.

The best way to launch campaigns is right from the very start, make sure you launch with as much organization as possible, so you can leave it alone and analyse the data after some time.

The more you start with - offers, landers, variations. The better you can see what works and what doesn't work and cut to improve ROI.

Also don't always immediately act on what you read, if you launch a campaign - prevent yourself from touching it too soon, as Malan Darras says "let the machines do the work". You have to be patient when it comes to adding, removing or tweaking a currently running campaign.

However, if you launch a campaign and you can see that it's bad pretty fast, then go back to the drawing board :)

gross payout/CPC cost * $x?
20.00/1.39
**deleted doesn't look right

20.00/1.39
breakeven
1/(20.00/1.39)
.0695 CR
2/(20.00/1.39) <<<50% ad cost
.1390 CR
3/(20.00/1.39)<<<33% ad cost
.2085 CR

Ads cost too much bottomline