The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Confused Noob!!

noobguy

affiliate
Hi Guys!

Ive been lurking around this and other affiliate forums for a while now.

I have started my affiliate marketing journey, it has been quite informative and has opened my mind to alot of possibilities (maybe too many).

For quite a while i have been going around in circles on what which method to stick to and pursue given my situation.

My Background: i took an course on amazon affiliate blogging and it really intrigued me. I started a blog and wrote a few articles but I knew that it would take atleast 6 months to get my first income and that too would be around $50 per month in the beginning depending on traffic volume. this sort of put me off.

I then came across affiliate marketing (Clickbank, etc) and then CPA marketing. This really intrigued me as it would give me an opportunity to generate 1000 to 2000 per month faster than with a blog. For the past few weeks i've been watching youtube videos and browsing forums for all different methods. I even got 1 conversion on maxbouny for a dating offer (which was later shaved) from fb groups. I then thought to use craigslist traffic but thats more blackhat and i didn't pursue it (yet). I am now thinking of promoting sweepstakes, survey offers on push traffic to start getting conversions.

I have around $1000 saved up and don't want to risk it all. What do you guys think would be a safe and steady way to start generating a few sales to boost my confidence. Once i see that the method works, i can scale it by borrowing from friends and family.

Please share your thoughts and suggestions on which model CPA marketing or Affiliate Blogging is suitable for me.

(sorry for the confusing post as my mind is running around in circles)

I am literally in the same boat as you, I have a decent amount of money saved up but I don't wanna blow through it. Also, I have been researching loads of different methods to do with CPA and I have truly realised that it would take years of dedication to actually master all of them. So with that said, get a piece of paper and write down all of your options, if they are blackhat or whitehat and choose one and stick with it. I have personally chosen to go whitehat for now with push ads and to see how that goes. I know it's hard because I guess its a part of human nature to think that the grass is always greener with the methods that everyone else is doing. But just get it out of your system and focus on one method (push ads for me). After a few months you will see if it is going well or bad and then you can change your method.

You cannot decide with tests that result in just 1 or 2 conversions. That can only be a 'gut hunch' and not statistically accurate. Some gut hunches work out --most don't.

Which conversions cost the least and returned the most < might be a start.
If you don't plan on generating blog traffic --why have a blog --vanity? <not cost effective and a big time eater
Set up some landing pages and use a tracker to have some data in one place from multiple sources.

Hi Guys!

Ive been lurking around this and other affiliate forums for a while now.

I have started my affiliate marketing journey, it has been quite informative and has opened my mind to alot of possibilities (maybe too many).

For quite a while i have been going around in circles on what which method to stick to and pursue given my situation.

My Background: i took an course on amazon affiliate blogging and it really intrigued me. I started a blog and wrote a few articles but I knew that it would take atleast 6 months to get my first income and that too would be around $50 per month in the beginning depending on traffic volume. this sort of put me off.

I then came across affiliate marketing (Clickbank, etc) and then CPA marketing. This really intrigued me as it would give me an opportunity to generate 1000 to 2000 per month faster than with a blog. For the past few weeks i've been watching youtube videos and browsing forums for all different methods. I even got 1 conversion on maxbouny for a dating offer (which was later shaved) from fb groups. I then thought to use craigslist traffic but thats more blackhat and i didn't pursue it (yet). I am now thinking of promoting sweepstakes, survey offers on push traffic to start getting conversions.

I have around $1000 saved up and don't want to risk it all. What do you guys think would be a safe and steady way to start generating a few sales to boost my confidence. Once i see that the method works, i can scale it by borrowing from friends and family.

Please share your thoughts and suggestions on which model CPA marketing or Affiliate Blogging is suitable for me.

(sorry for the confusing post as my mind is running around in circles)
It's understandable to be a little overwhelmed in the beginning and jump from one model to another one. "shiny object syndrome" they coined it.

Making money online with Affiliate marketing revolves around Traffic + Product + Conversion. In other words you need to pick a decent product in a niche that is proven to be profitable. Drive traffic to that offer and work at converting it into sales. Easier said than done.

You will need to balance between time and money in other words paid vs free traffic.
Paid traffic: any type of paid ads
Free traffic: seo, youtube, social media posts etc...

With that being said, i would suggest:
- pick 1 niche/category/vertical
- pick one traffic source

work at testing, fine tuning until you earning grows.

If you opt for paid traffic:
- build a landing page/optin page or a combo of both
-drive paid traffic to the said page
-work on conversion
--> "immediate" results

if you opt for free traffic:
- build a blog and write content
-optimize for seo and/or create a youtube channel you can siphon traffic from
-work on conversion
---> "long term, slow" results

Don't believe the hype about making gazillions in a short period of time. Some get lucky and hit a home run on their first attempts while others crunch until they make it.

Shoot if you have any specific questions.

banners
Back