The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Beginning of Weeks 3 newbie report - roadblock Landing Pages!

SirOdds

I can't remember feeling this excited and pumped about something in a long time.

Between my crappy job and AM self-tutoring, I can honestly say I've barely slept in 2 weeks, quite literally putting in 20h+ on the weekends too.

I've got everything covered, just need to take action and see things in motion and perfect. But there is one thing that is nagging me to death.

Landing Pages.

I'm great with Wordpress, but I don't want to use it. I'm uncomfortable with HTML, but geek-grade good with servers and linux. I made it a point to shoot straight to the top and make an effort to run LP's that are lightning fast in response. Problem is, 100% of all visual builders are truly crap. SWIM *cof* had them all and let me try them.

Mobirise, Pingendo (so buggy it hurts), Wolf, Pinegrow, RocketCake, Dreamweaver (way too complex)

Living on a tier-2 salary, fixed costs to start AM properly are a bitch. Between tracker and spytools, hosting and test traffic - I don't have much margin for error. If I include an online solution for Landing Pages, then it becomes even tougher - also (correct me if I'm wrong) - they're a hosted solution and wont allow for clean HTML exports or publish to local drive.

So I'm stuck. So possibly why I continually see loads of experienced marketers just go with Wordpress. Until I can outsource this, I think I'm tied to using WP :(

How "bad" is a tweaked WP setup on a dedicated VPS, compaired to HMTL?
So point blank - am I missing something obvious?

Last edited:
I recommend adobe muse if you have not tried it already, so easy to use and its responsive for mobiles too, you can easily export the .muse file into html.

I didnt know much about html until a few weeks ago i started ripping landing pages from adpexity then using dreamweaver to edit scripts.

You just have to get stuck in....

Personally I have never used WP so I cant comment on that

I can't remember feeling this excited and pumped about something in a long time.

Between my crappy job and AM self-tutoring, I can honestly say I've barely slept in 2 weeks, quite literally putting in 20h+ on the weekends too.

We've all been through this! It's always like this at the beginning. You'll get past this soon. Just remember, you are starting a new business and it takes some extra time and strength to get going and get past your initial learning curve. We're all behind you!

I've got everything covered, just need to take action and see things in motion and perfect. But there is one thing that is nagging me to death.

Landing Pages.

I'm great with Wordpress, but I don't want to use it. I'm uncomfortable with HTML, but geek-grade good with servers and linux. I made it a point to shoot straight to the top and make an effort to run LP's that are lightning fast in response. Problem is, 100% of all visual builders are truly crap. SWIM *cof* had them all and let me try them.

Mobirise, Pingendo (so buggy it hurts), Wolf, Pinegrow, RocketCake, Dreamweaver (way too complex)

Have you tried using Komposer?

Have thought about ripping some landers and outsourcing to Fiverr to have them cleaned up and altered? This can be done cheaply.

Living on a tier-2 salary, fixed costs to start AM properly are a bitch. Between tracker and spytools, hosting and test traffic - I don't have much margin for error. If I include an online solution for Landing Pages, then it becomes even tougher - also (correct me if I'm wrong) - they're a hosted solution and wont allow for clean HTML exports or publish to local drive.

TBH, I used Artisteer for many years, but then our forum owners started a new company called Pagesource, a landing page builder. It's still in Beta, but they may let you in, or at least get on the list. It is an awesome LP builder.

So I'm stuck. So possibly why I continually see loads of experienced marketers just go with Wordpress. Until I can outsource this, I think I'm tied to using WP :(

I use WP for content sites only. For that, it's great. For LP's, not so great. Honestly, for now, rip some landers, use Fiverr to alter them and clean them, make five different versions to test. It can be done pretty cheap.

How "bad" is a tweaked WP setup on a dedicated VPS, compaired to HMTL?
So point blank - am I missing something obvious?

Not scary bad, depending on what marketing model you use, for pops forget it, don't use it for PPV. If you are getting less than 1k visitors a day, for a straight and simple LP, you will be okay for now.

Have thought about ripping some landers and outsourcing to Fiverr to have them cleaned up and altered? This can be done cheaply.
May i ask you what king of search queries you make to find most relevant workers on Fiverr? Cause i tried "html mobile landing page" or "html edit" and so far it wasn't exactly what i needed, they do not edit grabbed LP

This is the normal process that you must walk through. Every master started out as a disaster. I use Thrive Themes to build landing page so see if it fits your needs.

banners
Back