The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

7search Live Casestudy

Got another conversion, this time with 60 clicks instead of the 80, so it means phrase match works for keywords that have volume. What I'm going to do now is eliminate sub-id's (i'm seeing at least 2 that are bad, 1 of them is really bad, got me almost 50 clicks without converting). I also bidded less 1 cent since I'm still on par with the dude in 2nd and brings me the same traffic

Tomorrow I'll be coming up with a lot of questions, just want to see the results of the campaigns. Now I understand the frustration of other people when they are talking about low volume... I'll get to that tomorrow though

Update:

7search hasn't 'clicked' yet for me, I've ran a lot of offers, only 1 converts (at 2%, not much) AND has a good ammount traffic. Besides that, I've ran like other 5/6 campaigns, only 1 of them converted after some time BUT the traffic is very low (I've been running for 3 days with 1st place on every keyword + suggested bid to get some traffic and only 40/50 clicks), and again, it's converting at 2%. It isn't optimizable because 95% of the traffic I get to that offer is from 1 sub-id, and that's the only sub-id that has converted.

I've tried 1 offer from canada and got low volume, some clicks, no conversions. I've tried offer where the keywords are nba, mcdonalds, disney & nintendo, which SHOULD get high impressions, but from the keywords I mentioned only 2 reached 15K+ impressions in 3 days.

I've spend 36$, still 264$ to go and don't get me wrong, I'm not saying "oh, WHY ISN'T MONEY FALLING OFF OF THE SKY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?", I'm just saying that I'm ready to loose 300$ to make 50$ but I don't want to try offer after offer after offer without knowing what offer I should promote.

So the question is: With 250$ on 7search, what offers should I promote?

Asked for a refund in 7search, made something like 12 dollars, will get 146$, so that's 40$ lost overall, i would say I'm happy that I didn't spend any more money :) Going to try facebook next, until then I'll have to concentrate on studying and make some youtube videos here and there.

fair play to them for doing that - thats pretty decent of them.

Yeah, at least they do refunds. It was worth the money lost, I experienced PPC and I now have a better idea of how it works and all that. I also came to the conclusion that I won't try Adcenter/Adwords any time soon :p

I'm curious about your criteria for #4:
4- Run the campaign 24H and remove keywords or sub-id's that aren't converting. I'll remove them depending on the cost. If it costs 0.01$/click I'll remove the keyword once it hits almost 100 clicks, but if the bid is like 0.10$ (I don't think I even bid that high), it will take less than 60/70 clicks for me to remove it.

Is there a certain number of non-converting clicks from each source that will lead you to block a source? 10? 50? 100? It seems like you could potentially block sources that could convert if you criteria is too rigid.

Thoughts?

I'm curious about your criteria for #4:
4- Run the campaign 24H and remove keywords or sub-id's that aren't converting. I'll remove them depending on the cost. If it costs 0.01$/click I'll remove the keyword once it hits almost 100 clicks, but if the bid is like 0.10$ (I don't think I even bid that high), it will take less than 60/70 clicks for me to remove it.

Is there a certain number of non-converting clicks from each source that will lead you to block a source? 10? 50? 100? It seems like you could potentially block sources that could convert if you criteria is too rigid.

Thoughts?

In the 10+ campaigns that I ran, i only blocked 1 sub id i belive it has something like 90 clicks so I dont think that's too rigid. Also, it's difficult to get 100 clicks in a campaign, let alone 1 single sub id...

David,

I think a big part of the reason why you failed to get any conversions is because you spent so little on your bids.

I just started a campaign with 7search + Peerfly yesterday so feel free to take what I say with a grain of salt. Rather than selecting a hundred key words and bidding them all at $0.01, select three or four extremely relevant keywords and bid enough on them to put yourself in at least the third position. Unrelated keywords at $0.01 will not get you very many clicks, and the ones you do get will be low quality. So focus on the good keywords and spend a little money on those.

For example, one of my campaigns is for a free Target gift card. This is a great offer because to bid on the keyword "Target" (which is very relevant), it only costs $0.08 to be in the #1 slot! I only have two keywords for that campaign: "Target" and "Target com". I get most of my clicks through the "target" keyword. This seems to be generating a small profit for me and I'm stoked because I just started doing affiliate marketing yesterday! So try doing what I suggested and let me know if that helps you get some conversions.

David,

I think a big part of the reason why you failed to get any conversions is because you spent so little on your bids.

I just started a campaign with 7search + Peerfly yesterday so feel free to take what I say with a grain of salt. Rather than selecting a hundred key words and bidding them all at $0.01, select three or four extremely relevant keywords and bid enough on them to put yourself in at least the third position. Unrelated keywords at $0.01 will not get you very many clicks, and the ones you do get will be low quality. So focus on the good keywords and spend a little money on those.

For example, one of my campaigns is for a free Target gift card. This is a great offer because to bid on the keyword "Target" (which is very relevant), it only costs $0.08 to be in the #1 slot! I only have two keywords for that campaign: "Target" and "Target com". I get most of my clicks through the "target" keyword. This seems to be generating a small profit for me and I'm stoked because I just started doing affiliate marketing yesterday! So try doing what I suggested and let me know if that helps you get some conversions.

I only bid 0.01$ in the beggining, then I thought it was too slow so I just bid 1st place in every bid and the traffic still wasn't that much, most offers didn't convert, and the ones that did convert could only be profitable if I bid 0.02$, so I tried to bid that but (again) the traffic was almost 0. I eventually also learned that the untargetted keywords gave you few clicks and when I sumed all up I had already lost something like almost 6$ total across all my campaigns (that's 10% of what I spent, I know not much, but still...).

Thanks for the suggestions, I quit 7search simply because to me, it's not worth it . I could see myself finding some profitable campaigns (I found 1 when I was running traffic), but the volume was so low that I was making 1$ profit. To get at least 10$ a day (I would have to run another set of campaigns, loose a lot of money so that in the end I get 10$ a day, which is not bad, but for the money that I would spend it's not worth it.

That's just my oppinion, other's can make it work, I think I can't. Now I'm going to focuss on Adknowledge. I think I'm going to use 50$ in PPC and 150$ in the offer walls to see how it compares with 7search (I think I'll do a case study to get some help and share results...).

I only bid 0.01$ in the beggining, then I thought it was too slow so I just bid 1st place in every bid and the traffic still wasn't that much, most offers didn't convert, and the ones that did convert could only be profitable if I bid 0.02$, so I tried to bid that but (again) the traffic was almost 0. I eventually also learned that the untargetted keywords gave you few clicks and when I sumed all up I had already lost something like almost 6$ total across all my campaigns (that's 10% of what I spent, I know not much, but still...).

Thanks for the suggestions, I quit 7search simply because to me, it's not worth it . I could see myself finding some profitable campaigns (I found 1 when I was running traffic), but the volume was so low that I was making 1$ profit. To get at least 10$ a day (I would have to run another set of campaigns, loose a lot of money so that in the end I get 10$ a day, which is not bad, but for the money that I would spend it's not worth it.

That's just my oppinion, other's can make it work, I think I can't. Now I'm going to focuss on Adknowledge. I think I'm going to use 50$ in PPC and 150$ in the offer walls to see how it compares with 7search (I think I'll do a case study to get some help and share results...).
That would be great!

Gift card offers are not profitable on 7search. You may earn some profit but is it worth earning about 2$ profit per month by doing so many adjustments and hard works? All newbies go for gift cards and say they loose money at the end. There are profitable niches on 7search other than dating you must test and find them.

MI
Back