The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

7search Live Casestudy

david15923

affiliate
Hope you enjoy my casestudy, I'll make it as detailed as possible.

NOTE: I'll start running the offer tomorrow because if you spend more than 100$ a week you have to 'sign' a contract, and their support is only active on week days.

Budget: 300$ (200$ my money + 100$ with a coupon)

Goal: My objective is that by the end of the 300$ I make at least 200$ (even if most of it isn't profit). You might think that is not a big goal, but optimization is the thing that costs me more money. Once I optimize I can just reinvest the 200$ that I made and run the offers that are already making a profit.

Network: Peerfly
Nbr of offers: 4, if one of them doesn't turn profit after optimization I'll replace it with another one.

Strategy:

1- Choosing the offer: First I look for offers that are NOT apple rallated (iphones, ipads, etc.), offers that are converting well (ask Luke and he will give you a list) and out of those offers that are converting well choose the ones that have low competition (you can see the competition at http://conversion.7search.com and http://7search.com/go/). Because I'm new to PPC I'll only choose Email-Submits/Short Form Submits.

2- Now that I choose the offers I add keywords. I add all the keywords except the ones that start with cf, never heard anyone that could make good use of those keywords.

3-
Bidding on the keywords: I have used 2 bidding strategies. 2 of my campaigns have 'strategy 1' and on the other 2 I'll use the 'strategy 2'.

The 1st strategy is the one where I start bidding 0.01$ (broad match) for all the keywords. Run the ad for 24h and if the offer has low clicks I raise the bid by 0.01.

In the 2nd strategy I bid at least 3rd place for every keyword (exact match) and then as I start to find the winners I go broader (phrase match or broad match).

The 1st strategy takes less time to set up where as the 2nd one can take a really long time, specially if you have more than 100/200 keywords, but it will get me the data much faster, but I'll probably spend more money on the optimization stage. I'm just testing these 2 to see what it works the best for me.

4- Run the campaign 24H and remove keywords or sub-id's that aren't converting. I'll remove them depending on the cost. If it costs 0.01$/click I'll remove the keyword once it hits almost 100 clicks, but if the bid is like 0.10$ (I don't think I even bid that high), it will take less than 60/70 clicks for me to remove it.

5- Do the step 4 over and over again until it becomes profitable. If the offer isn't converting I'll change it to a similar one (for example, there are a lot of Iphone 4 offers. If 1 of them isn't converting there is a good chance that other Iphone 4 offers convert better).

Usefull Links: How to BlackList Bad Performing Sub-Id's
How to Set Up a 7search Campaign

I hope you liked it, I'll have to wait untill tomorrow to get my account ready I think.

Questions, suggestions, etc. post them all bellow :D

Will be a good case study, can't wait to hear about your success in PPC :)

You said you are going to add "all the keywords". That means you are going to bid on un-targeted keywords as well? What's your keyword strategy? Can you explain more on how you find the keywords?

Will be a good case study, can't wait to hear about your success in PPC :)

You said you are going to add "all the keywords". That means you are going to bid on un-targeted keywords as well? What's your keyword strategy? Can you explain more on how you find the keywords?

Basically I add all the keywords that are on 7search's keyword tool except the click free ones. I add them all because I never know what is going to convers. For example, I studied competition a bit, and saw that 1 guy for 1 of the offers has been in the same spot for like 1 month, and he is bidding 1 cent on some keywords that no one else is bidding.

As for the success, we will see :) I'm trying to go into this always thinking that there is a possibility I won't reach my goal, or even close to it. But I won't quit, independently of the outcome.

Sounds great, one thing - Don't think negatively. Think positive, and plan for every possibility.

Good luck man! I'll be following this case study closely.

Campaigns are now LIVE!! :D

Sounds great, one thing - Don't think negatively. Think positive, and plan for every possibility.

Good luck man! I'll be following this case study closely.

I need to have this 'negativism' or else if I fail I wold panic, tho I understand what you are saying.

Let's make DAT MONAY!

good luck!

we're sharing a strategy here, however, you seem to use more keywords

any tips on how to generate them, except from using the adwords tool?

good luck with the campaigns!

good luck!

we're sharing a strategy here, however, you seem to use more keywords

any tips on how to generate them, except from using the adwords tool?

good luck with the campaigns!

I usually just go the the 7search's keywords suggestion tool and in 1 of my campaigns I used 1 tool to get missplelings and got like 5 keywords of people that were trying to type keywords that I would pay like 0.10$ I doubt they'll get any kind of clicks, but it doesn't hurt to test it out.

intriguing that you have 100 clicks in a day. I don't get 100 in a week, with 4 campaigns and about 15 keywords per campaign.. something must be wrong..

Here's the update (not quite 24H, but still I'm seeing low clicks, so waiting +6H isn't gonna bring in more clicks)

Here are the stats:

Offer 1

Avg. Rank: 3.7 (remember I'm only bidding 1 cent)
Impressions: 215
Clicks: 3
Cost: 0.03$
Conversions: 0
Total: -0.03$

I'm getting low clicks and low impressions, going to raise the bid 1 cent for all keywords that I'm not 1st place (which is all keywords). CTR is looking good so far, so I won't change the adcopy for now.

Offer 2

Avg. Rank: 8.2
Impressions: 30
Clicks: 0
Cost: 0.00$
Total: 0$

This one seems to be a looser since it has very low volue and the bids are about the same price as the other ones. Going to bid 1 cent higher.

Offer 3

Avg. Rank: 8.8
Impressions: 403
Clicks: 0
Cost: 0.00$
Total: 0$

Again, going to increase the bid by 1 cent for some keywords and I'm not going to change the adcopy just yet because it's in a super low spot to determine whether it has a good CTR or not.

Offer 4

I was getting good impressions but then they eliminated like 200 Keywords that "are not rellated to the offer I'm promoting", so I'll just replace it with 1 or 2 new offers and use another method that I'm going to try: bid 5 cents for every keyword. I'll get more traffic more quickly and once I find keywords that aren't doing good I either delete or lower the bid. I've a good budget, and 100$ are to 'waste' so let me try everything now before I'll have almost no budget.

Update:

Today I'm getting more clicks, but not by much (6 new clicks), so I raised the bid again. If you read my last update, I created 2 new campaign, but today I eliminated 1 of them, since I was bidding first for the most searched keywords, and it has very little volume. Biggest problem is probably the fact that 7search eliminates keywords that are 'not rellated', so it limits your volume even more.

So, I added a new campaign, and from the competition I'm seeing (very low) + high search volume (pretty high), I might be able to easily.

Money Spent: 0.88$
Money Left: 299.11$, so I'll get more aggresive and bid higher because from what I saw it's better to start as the 1st bidder (faster data) :)

Suggestions??

Hey david have you tried promoting dating offers? I got good conversion in promoting dating type offers in 7search compared to gift card or whatever type of offers out there.

Hey david have you tried promoting dating offers? I got good conversion in promoting dating type offers in 7search compared to gift card or whatever type of offers out there.

I'll try them, thanks for the advice. Before I was thinking of it, but I thought it was very difficult because of competition, but now I know a trick that has been getting +1% CTR, so I'll kill some offers that don't have volume, keep the others and run 1 or 2 dating :)

btw, is your CR generally higher??

I'll try them, thanks for the advice. Before I was thinking of it, but I thought it was very difficult because of competition, but now I know a trick that has been getting +1% CTR, so I'll kill some offers that don't have volume, keep the others and run 1 or 2 dating :)

btw, is your CR generally higher??

Targeting other countries rather than US is a good idea.

I can't remember my CR cuz I stopped doing 7search because I'm preparing for a bigger budget for adwords but I will go back to 7search for sure :)

Go 1 conversion after 85 clicks in 1 of the campaigns, but the big problem is that I've basically started a bidding war with this 1 guy. I'm paying more 0.02 cents than I was before. What should I do?? Try to get more clicks, gather more data, remove the bad sub-id's and try to be profitable or should I kill it and move on to something else?? I still have 289$, so keep that in mind.

Thanks.

Go 1 conversion after 85 clicks in 1 of the campaigns, but the big problem is that I've basically started a bidding war with this 1 guy. I'm paying more 0.02 cents than I was before. What should I do?? Try to get more clicks, gather more data, remove the bad sub-id's and try to be profitable or should I kill it and move on to something else?? I still have 289$, so keep that in mind.

Thanks.

As you know you can blacklist bad performing SubIDs, so it might be worth the extra $0.02 to get the traffic. Based on your clicks and position I would suggest increasing your bid to get more traffic and then blacklist the bad performing sources. Of course, that could fail and none could perform, but there's only one way to find out :)

As you know you can blacklist bad performing SubIDs, so it might be worth the extra $0.02 to get the traffic. Based on your clicks and position I would suggest increasing your bid to get more traffic and then blacklist the bad performing sources. Of course, that could fail and none could perform, but there's only one way to find out :)

Ok, I'll test it more. Also, I'm bidding broad, should I change it to phrase to get more targetted traffic or stay with broad until the 'testing phase' ends?

Thanks

We're in the same boat David ;)

I've changed all of my bids to phrase match today. And I blocked subids that I felt were performing bad.

good luck to you!

MI
Back