The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Ma'at Hetep

Here's my second post on the forum after introducing myself :)

So I have been looking through some of the threads on the forum especially the ones related to some of the questions I would have asked.

At this point I have a few things I'm wondering about.

The first one is about using EPC as a measure of how successful an offer is likely to be once you start running campaign/driving traffic. What are your opinions on such a metric and how does it always correlate to the success of a campaign? Is it better closer to zero or further from zero?

The second part is with Smartlink. Since they usually target a very wide GEO and convert at different rates based on the offers adapted for the respective regions, how do you promote such an offer? Which kind of traffic/promotional method is optimal for these?

I just got accepted into a network that only has one smartlink for various offers and that's it. I have been wondering how to promote such especially if you are targeting different GEOs and have no idea of what's being shown to them. I am planning to promote a Smart link Dating offer so I will appreciate your response.

I love search traffic especially because I think it is probably the most targeted of the promotional methods and most likely to convert easily. I'm not too experienced with keyword research but I am at least very good with writing ads. This is because of my experience working with some ad writing agencies which has helped a lot. I'm still learning everyday and I'm gathering more than just information but actionable plan so I get everything set before I start so my question is what advice would you give to someone like myself who has just started but is about to run a search campaign on an offer that requires the purchase on the visitors part? The pre-landers and landing pages are awesome, the keywords for the ad is good and the GEO is from my findings not highly competitive as well as the offer is very much sought after based on my research.

Lastly, LOL :D kindly forgive the length of my post. I'd love to know how do you write/set up prelanders for GEOs with languages of lesser diffusion especially when you have no idea of how to speak or write them yet there are very good offers promoted there. I speak a number of international languages but I'm wondering how anyone has been able to promote offers to people who speak an entirely different language they do not understand.

Thank you very much for your time and I will appreciate your helpful contributions :):)

That's a big post. :)

The first one is about using EPC as a measure of how successful an offer is likely to be once you start running campaign/driving traffic. What are your opinions on such a metric and how does it always correlate to the success of a campaign? Is it better closer to zero or further from zero?

As I think you're probably aware of, there are no guarantees of any campaign succeeding, regardless of any provided stats or data. There are too many variables, including methods, landers/ads used, traffic used, etc. and the affiliates themselves.

I assume you were talking about the EPC that shows up in your network's list of offers. No idea how accurate those are but it can give you an idea of which offers bear checking out, see if you're interested in promoting them.

The higher the Earnings Per Click, the better. A higher number means more money was made for that offer by those who have already promoted that offer. So, further from zero is better.

Best thing to do? Run a test campaign. You'll notice "Test, test and test some more" mentioned throughout the forums. :D What works for one person may not work for another.

The second part is with Smartlink. Since they usually target a very wide GEO and convert at different rates based on the offers adapted for the respective regions, how do you promote such an offer? Which kind of traffic/promotional method is optimal for these?

I just got accepted into a network that only has one smartlink for various offers and that's it. I have been wondering how to promote such especially if you are targeting different GEOs and have no idea of what's being shown to them. I am planning to promote a Smart link Dating offer so I will appreciate your response.

I've never worked with Smartlinks, though I think I'd like to try them sometime, so I can't comment on the promotion of them.

As I understand Smartlinks, you don't know exactly what's being shown, or maybe you can see the list of offers that link shows to different parts of the world maybe? I'm simply not sure, hopefully someone who is will pop in here.

I love search traffic especially

SEO forum ;)

I'm gathering more than just information but actionable plan so I get everything set before I start so my question is what advice would you give to someone like myself who has just started but is about to run a search campaign on an offer that requires the purchase on the visitors part? The pre-landers and landing pages are awesome, the keywords for the ad is good and the GEO is from my findings not highly competitive as well as the offer is very much sought after based on my research.

That is fantastic! You have the knowledge, the tools and plan, time to take action. Run your tests, creating campaigns with 3 - 5 ads each. Pick the ones that get the best results then start testing elements, like the headline. Then pick the best from that test. You're optimizing at that point. Watch your ad spend! It can change pretty quickly. There are ways to help lower your costs, I think you can find those threads and posts with a forum search. I seem to recall that quality is a factor.

I don't know which search engine you're using but Bing and G like pages that have disclosure and contact links at the bottom, so you might want to just give that a check on the lander you're using.

I'm wondering how anyone has been able to promote offers to people who speak an entirely different language they do not understand.

They hire someone to write their copy/content/lander text for them. Preferably someone they trust to do it well and correctly. I know there are a number of affiliates who use One Hour Translation.

Hope all that helps. :)

As I think you're probably aware of, there are no guarantees of any campaign succeeding, regardless of any provided stats or data. There are too many variables, including methods, landers/ads used, traffic used, etc. and the affiliates themselves.

I assume you were talking about the EPC that shows up in your network's list of offers. No idea how accurate those are but it can give you an idea of which offers bear checking out, see if you're interested in promoting them.

The higher the Earnings Per Click, the better. A higher number means more money was made for that offer by those who have already promoted that offer. So, further from zero is better.

Best thing to do? Run a test campaign. You'll notice "Test, test and test some more" mentioned throughout the forums. :D What works for one person may not work for another.

That's very true and sound :)

I've never worked with Smartlinks, though I think I'd like to try them sometime, so I can't comment on the promotion of them.

As I understand Smartlinks, you don't know exactly what's being shown, or maybe you can see the list of offers that link shows to different parts of the world maybe? I'm simply not sure, hopefully someone who is will pop in here.

You are very right with this one. Since there is really no idea of what is being shown across the GEOs it becomes hard to pre-qualify the visitors using a lander. I'm still wondering what type of traffic to use for these offers.

Thanks for t
That is fantastic! You have the knowledge, the tools and plan, time to take action. Run your tests, creating campaigns with 3 - 5 ads each. Pick the ones that get the best results then start testing elements, like the headline. Then pick the best from that test. You're optimizing at that point. Watch your ad spend! It can change pretty quickly. There are ways to help lower your costs, I think you can find those threads and posts with a forum search. I seem to recall that quality is a factor.

I don't know which search engine you're using but Bing and G like pages that have disclosure and contact links at the bottom, so you might want to just give that a check on the lander you're using.

Thanks for this response! Then I guess the testing part must come first and that should be my initial focus. I plan on using G search ads for a start and I'm focusing on just one campaign.

That's a big post. :)

SEO forum ;)

They hire someone to write their copy/content/lander text for them. Preferably someone they trust to do it well and correctly. I know there are a number of affiliates who use One Hour Translation.

Hope all that helps. :)

Thank you very much for your helpful response. It is also detailed as well. And sorry for my big post. I have gained a lot from this :)

MI
Back