The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

WP is BullShit, so limited...

amin021023

affiliate
Hey all, so tis is my site, I'm using a premium theme on wordpress and I'm surprised how stupid and limited this popular website managment system (WP) is. I had to edit many things manually, and it doesn't even let me to post at pages other than the home pages which is redicules and many other limitations and sh**.

Hey,

First of all: I don't want to go into a which-CMS-is-the-best-and-why-the-others-are-shit war.

I understand your frustration, but I have to tell you that it's not only WP's fault. Yes, Wordpress is a simple tool. But it's a highly customizable as well. And that's what makes it powerful and popular.

As a beginner you have to choices:
  • Learn what it takes to be a WP master
  • Spend time and money to find the proper theme for your needs
If you have a premium theme installed and you still need to do manual modifications in the HTML code, you might want to consider to look for another. There are so much so-called premium themes out there, and many times only their price makes them premium.

Also, WP has a very large plugin marketplace, where you can find a plugin for almost all of your needs.

So you might want to ask some specific questions you have, you might find some easy solutions.

Hey all, so tis is my site, I'm using a premium theme on wordpress and I'm surprised how stupid and limited this popular website managment system (WP) is. I had to edit many things manually, and it doesn't even let me to post at pages other than the home pages which is redicules and many other limitations and sh**.

Yep, @Akos Szalai has it correct. It is a powerful tool and very highly customizable CMS platform. I don't recommend it for landing pages, but for your entry into content sites, curation sites, and continuity sites, you can't go wrong. I manage 48 real estate sites for high end Realtors on WP and have done so for over 8 years. I personally have 4 curations sites, 2 content sites, and 2 continuity sites running on WP for over 5 years. I pound these sites with massive traffic and they all hold up well.

I think you have simply not truly tested the limits of this platform yet. It's okay to be a little frustrated, most people are when working with some softwares and scripts at first. Keep learning all you can about this platform and you may find the strengths it offers.

I hated WP when I first started using it, much preferred Blogger. Why? Because I knew how to use Blogger and didn't know a thing about WP. Now that I've gotten used to it, I love it. It's far more versatile than Blogger.

There are thousands of themes and plugins that can help you make a kick-ass site. It's just a matter of learning how to work with them. And that my friend, can be extremely frustrating, as you are learning.

It will get easier. You don't have to know everything and if you need to do something specific and can't figure out how, do a Google search, or come and ask someone here to get the answer.

IMO WordPress is one of the simplest easiest to design your website. Their are million dollar companies using WordPress to generate 7 to even 8 figure income with word press alone. So its powerful and i think you should just take time to learn it and you'll love it! If you have any questions there are probably couple million people that can help you!
Cheers,
Vinnie

I love wordpress ...
But in the beginning it might be confusing. But it managed to become a really great CMS over the years :)

WP has brought website management to the masses. There's now an explosion of people who can do it DIY.

The best always floats to the top though, and it's still easy to spot an expert and an amateur.

I've used blogger, wordpress.COM, wix, weebly, and wordpress.ORG. Thinking about taking joomla for a test drive.

Out of those wordpress.COM is semi-limited, especially compared to some competitors. But wordpress.ORG blows the others away. Where are these limitations you speak of?

I code for a living. If you want true control over your site, you can hop into a HTML5, CSS3, AngularJS, MongoDB world. But doing everything that WordPress does OOTB (out of the box) would take months of programming. Same with other CMS products. I can create a quick site in WordPress and start publishing information on the internet in minutes. Premium themes are nice. But don't spend money on them until you learn what WordPress can do by itself.

Yes, if you want to modify elements you need to learn to code -> css, php -> like marcPLGurus said

Sorry buddy. WordPress is always a good thing for the people who are not doing intensive online related services. I am that person who has been working on WordPress websites for sometime now and I can testify that there are those limits. When it comes to editing of the code, you will always hustle very hard to have it fixed. One thing I ca advice you is to be able to contact the people you bought the thee from so that they may offer support when it comes to editing the codes of the theme.

Ehm, prove me I'm wrong but you can almost customize everything in wordpress by just using the build in editor? Oo
Also, there are better and worse themes, just saying...

Yep, @Akos Szalai has it correct. It is a powerful tool and very highly customizable CMS platform. I don't recommend it for landing pages, but for your entry into content sites, curation sites, and continuity sites, you can't go wrong. I manage 48 real estate sites for high end Realtors on WP and have done so for over 8 years. I personally have 4 curations sites, 2 content sites, and 2 continuity sites running on WP for over 5 years. I pound these sites with massive traffic and they all hold up well.

I think you have simply not truly tested the limits of this platform yet. It's okay to be a little frustrated, most people are when working with some softwares and scripts at first. Keep learning all you can about this platform and you may find the strengths it offers.
Hey TJ got any forum links to help me with getting better acclimated with wordpress

Hey TJ got any forum links to help me with getting better acclimated with wordpress
Hi Zak, sorry, but although I'm not TJ, still a little hint: Whenever you need to improve something, go to YouTube, enter the searched term and then you will find more than enough tutorials that will guide you through the whole process step by step.

Yes...this is the problem with the large majority of CMSs. Apart from being sometimes hard to edit, they are also the perfect mix of bugs and bloated cr*p code. This is why I advise against using a CMS whenever possible.

Yes...this is the problem with the large majority of CMSs. Apart from being sometimes hard to edit, they are also the perfect mix of bugs and bloated cr*p code. This is why I advise against using a CMS whenever possible.

I know you code your own sites, is that what you recommend instead?

I know you code your own sites, is that what you recommend instead?

Where it is possible, yes. I`m not saying to never use a CMS. It`s kind of hard to run a non WP blog when you don`t have a coding background.
But that doesn`t give someone an excuse to use a CMS for everything. I`m tired of people using WP for just a landing page or for a presentational 4 pages websites.

I`m tired of people using WP for just a landing page or for a presentational 4 pages websites.

I suspect that happens when people have no clue about programming and/or are non-techy. They may simply not know what else to do....until they come here and read some posts. :)

MI
Back