The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

What's Best Way To Manipulate Traffic Data For Better Conversion?

Hi everyone,

So I just completed the first day of my campaign and I am still confused as to how to best manipulate the data that I am getting.

I have the photo with numbers,

Should I only include Zones that

1) That have higher percentage of Engaged Visitors?

2) Or only include Zones that are giving me higher number of Clicks?

OR

3) Where my Winrate is higher than 10%? (Assuming that I will be getting more clicks from them in the future??)

The data is for Push Notifications, US Geo, Weight Loss Campaign, $0.15 CPC Model Targeted by States. So far I am bleeding $$$

How2Manipulate.jpg

Last edited:
What type of ad is that (banner|push|pop|other) and (mobile|desktop)?
The CTR is so low unless it's desktop banners.

What type of ad is that
Push Notifications For Android Mobile Only (I didn't select In-Page Push that allows Ads On iOs Too!).

First 24 Hours Of Mandatory Optimization For Creatives & I'm not getting any clicks even after losing $$$.

So now I switched To Entire US instead of just a few States (Wrong Targeting I guess....Sigh...)

Total 12,863 Impressions with just 28 Clicks! :(

Last edited:
Hi @Graybeard
  1. Bad creative for the push notofication
I have 8 creatives being tested by PropellerAds. Maybe that's why?
I can send you the Creatives in a message if you could take a look and let me know if they're any good?
  1. Poor quality or fake bot traffic
Wouldn't know how to distinguish since this is my first ever campaign, hence the question here.
  • Where are your other stats? From your tracker and;
LT1.jpg

Attached to this message.
  • from Google-Analytics on your landing page?
Didn't knew I could use Google Analytics for my Landing Page. That's why I asked that question last week about can we Use Google Analytics for Affiliate Tracking, you said no for Affiliate Tracking. I got confused and didn't think we could use it for Landing Page Analysis Crying Face
  • Are you using some kind of [pre]landing page?

Yes. Simple Lander with just one image in the midst.

Let me know if you would like to see the Creatives as well.

Thank you so much. I appreciate your help!

1. Bad creative for the push notofication
  2. Poor quality or fake bot traffic
Has to be one of these (or a combination of both).
  • Where are your other stats? From your tracker and;
  • from Google-Analytics on your landing page?
  • Are you using some kind of [pre]landing page?

I'm thinking of changing the Niche and Geo altogether. I think US is too saturated with Bots anyways. Need at least $300-500 on just testing which currently is out of my budget.

But yeah I would like to know how to use Google Analytics for Landing Page Analysis.

How do we use Google Analytics to achieve that? @Graybeard

Thank you for your help btw. Really appreciate it!

I'm thinking of changing the Niche and Geo altogether. I think US is too saturated with Bots anyways. Need at least $300-500 on just testing which currently is out of my budget.

But yeah I would like to know how to use Google Analytics for Landing Page Analysis.

How do we use Google Analytics to achieve that? @Graybeard

Thank you for your help btw. Really appreciate it!
Would really appreciate your input on this @Graybeard

Since you paying only for click, it's no needed it to exclude zones with low click rate, you should check your creatives and see if they are good enough, USA is a very competite country , so you need the best of best. Also you need more data, 400-500 impresions per zone isnt a lot

Since you paying only for click, it's no needed it to exclude zones with low click rate, you should check your creatives and see if they are good enough, USA is a very competite country , so you need the best of best. Also you need more data, 400-500 impresions per zone isnt a lot
Yes I agree with that. That's why I haven't blocked any zone giving me more than 1000 impressions. But low ctr is killing me Crying Face

I have gotten a lot of shit about this (and could care less) but I want a sample of 576 -2,000 'events' of anything to make any judgement of possible success or failure.

So only your 'views' and your CTR would qualify under this premise.

Send the traffic to www.adscore.com first and make the redirection URL that of your landing page --and try to filter out any low quality/bot traffic FIRST.
Get 100 clicks on the Propeller traffic stats and see what the loss is on your tracker at the landing page.

That's another 100 cpc -- and yes US traffic is 'botty' this is a great time Sun bots take weekends off? who knows ... but filter and count the traffic somehow ...

All of nothing = nothing
Why weight loss? I am guessing your imaginary greed ... Just because the CPA is large that doesn't make it easy ;)
Truer words were never spoken.
Unfortunately that is true!
Try something easier to sell $6-$12 commission to you.
Easier to sell? Is there such a thing? I think the problem is Moi (ME) I have no formal or informal inexperience in Sales. Maybe I should read some books on Cold Sales. :(
Something that is more realistic and credible in the eyes of the consumer viewing your ad.
How to make the customer think like that? If that's even Possible? Most customers know that they're always being tricked into buying something!

Well 2 things I gotta say!
Say I have a mobile phone case with the Ukrainian flag (timely offer)
That's a creative thought! That comes with either experience or some people are just born with that kind of quality! I'm going to try and cultivate that in me.
so yeah more investment in the unknown
That's the thing, some malicious people paint a rosy picture and tell you that you could make hundreds of thousands of dollars just by posting links on FB, etc. Result is you get blocked and banned for spamming. Up until last year I always thought Affiliate Marketing is easy peasy japaneasy. But things are not so. Learned that the hard way last year. But, I'm glad I stumbled upon this forum. At least I'm getting honest advice.

See ever since the advent of Internet for the general public back in 1996-7, I've always been a consumer, never had the courage or the brains to take advantage of any situation and make money out of it. But now things have changed (for me personally) so I need to get out there and get things done. Right from the implementation of trackers, to handling bots and stuff. Every business has it's own difficulty level that always evolve with the market. Affiliate Marketing has also evolved over the years (from what I heard from you and @T J Tutor).

It's a long way to success but at least I'm on the right track! To me that matters the most! Instead of making some quick bucks. So out with that Get Rich Quick Mentality from now on and focus on Building something viable for the Long Term.

Thank you so much @Graybeard. I appreciate all your advice, even when you lay it out straight without any buttering! (Please keep'em coming! Don't know about others but I certainly need and appreciate them!)

It's a long way to success but at least I'm on the right track!
focus on Building something viable for the Long Term.

It may seem like a long way, but done right it's a tenth of the time that some individuals put into their careers for the same or less money. My brother is a dentist and I started earning more than him after about a year in this business. Even if it takes you a couple of years to start earning as much as a Dr., it's a big win for a short period of time and a much smaller investment.

Building something viable for the long term is what I have recommended since the beginning. most just don't get it. I'm happy to see you say it and think it!

All of nothing = nothing
Why weight loss? I am guessing your imaginary greed ... Just because the CPA is large that doesn't make it easy ;)
Try something easier to sell $6-$12 commission to you.
Something that is more realistic and credible in the eyes of the consumer viewing your ad.

My brother is a dentist and I started earning more than him after about a year in this business. Even if it takes you a couple of years to start earning as much as a Dr., it's a big win for a short period of time and a much smaller investment.
Your posts are always an inspiration for me.
Building something viable for the long term is what I have recommended since the beginning.
Well...I learned from the best guys! You and @Graybeard
most just don't get it. I'm happy to see you say it and think it!
Like @Graybeard said it must be my imaginative greed (which it was indeed!)

I think most people are not honest with themselves. If something is not working, repeating the same action over and over isn't going to give different results!

Thank you so much guys!

Appreciate all your hard work for keeping this forum up and running!

Say I have a mobile phone case with the Ukrainian flag (timely offer) -- it looks like a nice case and it comes with some useful accessory like a bluetooth ear bud as a package for $69.99 --there is a need and a value --some (will|might) buy.

How is that a trick? It's just an example there are other things that are no so tangible like adult dating where you are selling a 'dream' that can work too.

Even what you are currently trying may work but you need a much larger sample --so yeah more investment in the unknown --I get that. But that would be the same when trying to market anything with any ad media.

MI
Back