The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What is a good traffic source to start with?

mrcolorwolf

affiliate
Hi all, just getting into mobile and trying to set everything up as well as finding a good traffic source to start with to get my feet wet? What are some suggestions? Is redirect traffic best o start with??

Is redirect traffic best o start with??

redirect traffic may work if you know that is comes from a niche what fits to your product.
unfortunately there are not really good sources for that because 95% of redirects are either automated redirects from sites what are not responsive or it is blind click traffic or traffic what did run already through an offerchain and did not hit on anybody who is interessted on this user.

if you buy redirect you should do it with an offerwall (means a landingpage where a user can choose from different offers).

Like content billing offers? Depending on the conversion flow of the offer, it's very unlikely that you'll be able to run it on Adwords.

If you provide a bit more info however I may be able to help ya out.

I have read your recent post on popads and I learnt a lot of pro tips that I have never think of before. I am thinking of using around 1k to start with but not sure where to start so I am properly thinking of starting with popads which seems more newbie friendly compared with other sources.

starting with popads which seems more newbie friendly

It's just an illusion buddy. The 'newbie friendly' vibe makes it a bad choice actually because it means the competition is very fierce over there, especially among newbies. PopAds is a mainstream source which I'd say be better if you already have experience running campaigns.

Why not head over to '2nd tier' sources first? Learn about the trade before embarking mainstream.

It's just an illusion buddy. The 'newbie friendly' vibe makes it a bad choice actually because it means the competition is very fierce over there, especially among newbies. PopAds is a mainstream source which I'd say be better if you already have experience running campaigns.

Why not head over to '2nd tier' sources first? Learn about the trade before embarking mainstream.

Could you recommend some 2nd tier sources to start with?

Could you recommend some 2nd tier sources to start with?

When I was just starting I did what Luke (PeerFly) told me to - start with 7Search, learn the basics of tracking, blocking sources, and optimization. It helped. You'd have to ask their support for blocking capabilities though.

Hi!

I advise you to ask your account managers which traffic sources are performing best in their respective networks.

Even so, Facebook, for instance, is a very good one. You've gotta create a fan page related to your niche, and then promote ads with a highly-detailed and precise targeting.

It's made for you to succeed!

Cheers!

Hey @mrcolorwolf

we can provide you with access to 3B impressions from over 10 SSPs and our direct publishers through the ad unit of your choice which includes pop, banner, js tags and native ads. That with the help of one of our dedicated account managers will help you take the first steps in promoting your product, your account manager will help you find qualified sources and optimize out the non-qualified sources.

PM me or visit our website or read our media kit for more info

Hello @mrcolorwolf.
ZeroPark
is good one but not cheap - min 200$. I think that you can start with Popads (min $10), Adcash( min $50) or PropellerAds ( min $100), PopCash
Popads, for example, has enough quality traffic, it is easy to run a campaign, there are practically no problems with moderation.

There are 5 Paid Traffic Sources Every Online Marketer Should Be Testing
1. Google Adwords
2. Facebook Ads
3. Outbrain Amplify
4. LinkedIn Ads
5. Twitter Ads

Honestly, most of well-known traffic sources as everyone here mentioned works.

But... it works in different way, different verticals, creatives, etc...

I thought same as you when i started Mobile Affiliate. After i tried multiple traffic sources, i learned that any traffic sources work... I didn't want to waste my time about choosing where to go for. So i decided by choosing the vertical (mainstream or adult) then choose the network with lowest minimum deposit (Popads, Popcash are good). Then i'll put my effort to get conversions there and make it works without switching to any other sources.

Keep in mind, if the traffic source that most people say it sucks is still alive in the business for long time, So there must be something works there and you need to find it yourself without giving up.) Even 7search works, everybody says 7search sucks and getting worse but i got conversions here everyday, The cons is low volume here)

Trust me, every traffic source works. Just launch the campaign asap. You'll learn much more from launching than making decision too long about what works or not.

Hi all, just getting into mobile and trying to set everything up as well as finding a good traffic source to start with to get my feet wet? What are some suggestions? Is redirect traffic best o start with??

First of focus on 2nd and 3rd tier GEO's like BR, TR, PL, SK, SI and so on.

Go2mobi is good for beginners who want to learn Mobile Display DSP and Zeropark, popads, adcash and propeller ads are good if you want to learn pops and redirect traffic.

MI
Back