“mobile”/ Voluum
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What do you use to stay concentrated?

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Lounge' started by OSHI, Oct 19, 2016.

1. OSHI

OSHI Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

For me it always been an issue, how to perform better.
    Tried a lot of stuff: mate, green tea, pu-erh tea, espresso.
    Last things that I currently use from time to time: Sagan-Daila (Rhododendron adams), Ku Ding and nootropics.
    I also wonder, if someone else used smart drugs/nootropics and has a knowledge about it.

In fact, I'm interested what are the tools you use to stay focused (especially when you don't have enough sleep) with a minimal amount of negative consequences.

thehustler likes this.
  2. CPA Evolution
  3. teardroptony9

teardroptony9 Affiliate affiliate

Try listening to music while doing work. You'd be surprise how productive you will become just by doing this... It even works better if you listen to non-lyrical tunes as it helps you to stay focused on your work and minimize stress after work...:)

CoolSpot likes this.
  4. OSHI

OSHI Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

Oh, stress after work is another issue :)
    What music do you advise? I try it from time to time, smth like lounge in the evening or electroswing in the morning, but not really often.

5. teardroptony9

teardroptony9 Affiliate affiliate

It actually depends on what you like. I'm more into love songs as they help me relax, but I also steer away from those hurtful songs like Adele often sings as they only make me cry...:)

6. Dylan Barns

Dylan Barns Guest

I tried to listen to music to stay concentrated. I have coffee break when I don't have enougn sleep.

7. olbond

olbond Affiliate affiliate

Listen to the music

8. agaditeki

agaditeki Affiliate affiliate

I will do Yoga to stay concentrated. Yoga helps in a lot of ways. It is good for health and keeps the person very concentrated towards the work/assignment he is doing.

9. siclaro

siclaro Affiliate affiliate

10. Certified
    T J Tutor

T J Tutor GM Administrator Certified Vendor Dojo Master affiliate

Motivation, I always look to my motivations!

11. VirtualGlobalPhone

VirtualGlobalPhone Moderator moderator Service Manager affiliate

@OSHI ; If a normal individual person, not able to focus it means they are either not interested (mean they are in by force to earn or to satisfy once greed) or they simply need a nap (rest to their body and brain).

Overclocking with any of the medicine will only make the manufacture richer and the person poor both from value based as well as body - brain.

Like @T J Tutor suggested by selective motivation in your already chosen area will tremendously help.

T J Tutor likes this.
  12. Tonyparisi

Tonyparisi Affiliate affiliate

hi,
    Flashback to my life.. that help me for keep me motivated !
    good day from Paris

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2017
  13. cristyd

cristyd Affiliate affiliate

14. GlasgowBuilders

GlasgowBuilders Affiliate affiliate

Listening to the radio keeps me concentrated as the talking breaks up the music to keep focused. I find I eventually get distracted if i just listen to music.

15. anhviet

anhviet Affiliate affiliate

well this is a question we all have but never really address like a real problem
    also because we know its not a big problem but when it starts affecting your
    health ,work and social lifestyle its time you take care of yourself with all sorts
    of possible help.
    I have the same experience being not able to concentrate and loosing the force of
    living with all kinds of frustration. I tend to seek motivations from friends,
    families and videos in youtube.
    but there was nothing but me looking at myself loosing the grip for life.
    but i stop depending on others needless to say its not motivation we need
    but a discipline that corrects our health and our daily life.
    so my suggestion, also this is how to revive my old energetic self.
    i suggest early rise and early sleep.
    "early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise."
    I practice yoga, specially headstand and also meditation.
    I'd suggest taking a hot bath just before you go to bed and after you do yoga and meditation.
    take cold shower in the morning.
    and start your day with a fresh cup of water.
    follow the same in the weekends.
    It's discipline that will keep you in the competition longer ,also longer life and not just motivation.

busymofo likes this.
  16. anhviet

anhviet Affiliate affiliate

well this is a question we all have but never really address like a real problem
    also because we know its not a big problem but when it starts affecting your
    health ,work and social lifestyle its time you take care of yourself with all sorts
    of possible help.
    I have the same experience being not able to concentrate and loosing the force of
    living with all kinds of frustration. I tend to seek motivations from friends,
    families and videos in youtube.
    but there was nothing but me looking at myself loosing the grip for life.
    but i stop depending on others needless to say its not motivation we need
    but a discipline that corrects our health and our daily life.
    so my suggestion, also this is how to revive my old energetic self.
    i suggest early rise and early sleep.
    "early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise."
    I practice yoga, specially headstand and also meditation.
    I'd suggest taking a hot bath just before you go to bed and after you do yoga and meditation.
    take cold shower in the morning.
    and start your day with a fresh cup of water.
    follow the same in the weekends.
    It's discipline that will keep you in the competition longer ,also longer life and not just motivation.

17. hiimjeremy

hiimjeremy Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

Make sure to eat enough (And that the food you are eating is nutritious and not trash). For Lunch, avoid a big "Meal" where you're going to just end up getting too stuffed and lazy. I've seen people destroy their entire work ethic for the day after Lunch because they ate too much. It's Lunch not Dinner. If I don't eat right I lose all focus.

Keeping your mind busy throughout the day helps also. I try to avoid reading garbage on the internet, watching TV or Videos or anything that has me sitting doing absolutely nothing but staring. I'll read a book, research stuff online or play a complicated Video Game during a break to keep my mind rolling. If I have time going out for a walk/run generally increases my focus when I get back, too.

Try to look at your entire routine and figure out what you can improve, then attack it one by one. If you are lacking concentration there must be something you can fix. Don't turn to the nootropics and performance improving drugs (Modafinil, Adderall etc) because those give you a fake sense of accomplishment. It always helps to have goals you want to hit each day, or daily tasks/todo lists you need to complete that you have set for yourself.

Good luck!

18. thelegend

thelegend Affiliate affiliate

I try to motivate my mind : watch motivational video of Eric Thomas : How bad you want succed ,also i read half hour personal development books to revire my mind for succes

19. Gamunji

Gamunji Affiliate affiliate

I usually listen to music, or if i have enough time i go eat something then come back to it

banners