regarding affiliate website design and performance
idea is to fix our own affiliate sites
happy customers = happy click thru rates

happy mood GIF by Laurène Boglio

Last edited:
When you click a video link from Google search
but the video is missing or buried right down the page
very annoying and time wasting
--> better to send us straight to YouTube !!!!

Angry Season 9 GIF by Shameless

When a website has too many popups
all of which load simultaneously
  • Cookies notice popup
  • Special offer popup
  • Live chat popup
  • Email subscription popup
--> Grrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!

Angry Wolf GIF by CuriosityStream

all of which load simultaneously
  • Cookies notice popup
  • Special offer popup
  • Live chat popup
  • Email subscription popup
I'd mention also the autoplay of multimedia content!! Ownh!
Or when there are too many ads and too many irrelevant and cluttering content ..
0_tE1xDM6xXhIWognJ_.jpg

- Samira

• Cookies notice popup <<required by law in many places
  • Special offer popup <<that is called setting the hook (see fishing)
  • Live chat popup <<Most are l4m3 because an email is required or no one is live and they will reply email, This is how you get an email consent as a business communication ;)
  • Email subscription popup <<That is just plain stupid but maybe you get some fish --and alienate most people of reasonable intelligence
But every MMO Parrot says these things (when done mindlessly) --will make you rich!

Too many pop-ups that jump in front of you as soon as you arrive on the site, some issues with the layout shift when each new element that loads just move out other elements and you don't know where are you at on the site (extremely annoying), also some autoplay media, which can be a problem if you are accessing the site through mobile, and so on. :)

Tom Hiddleston What GIF by Marvel Studios

Nice to see that some websites care about customers’ satisfaction! Most of such pages look like an advertisement without any really useful content that visitors come for. I am always annoyed by all the possible pop-ups. Sometimes I just close the page instead of closing all the small windows. A lot of content is not up-to-date, and some links just lead nowhere. I’m not even talking about visual design. Sometimes it feels like kids were choosing color palettes for such websites. That’s what I hate the most but the list might be much longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
banners
Back