The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Using Banners in Emails

schniek

affiliate
Hi there!

Ok, so I got accepted into a network. Yey!

I have also eyed a possible campaign to run via email. To test the waters I want to do the warm marketing approach (send to people I know) and will ask my address list to again forward the mail I have sent to their mailing list, etc.

I am actually embarrased to ask (I'm a newby), but how do you put banners into emails so that people reading the email can click on the banner and get directed to the offer? I don't want to use an affiliate link, but rather a banner, it looks more professional and inviting.

Once I have run the campaign I will put a case study and share any info with all you guys.

Thanks!

I suggest you contact your AM if you can do email marketing for that particular offer. Moreover, you do not have an optin list.

You can place the banner anywhere or at the end of your email. You have to keep testing this. But before proceeding, it is best to contact your AM.

I suggest you contact your AM if you can do email marketing for that particular offer. Moreover, you do not have an optin list.

You can place the banner anywhere or at the end of your email. You have to keep testing this. But before proceeding, it is best to contact your AM.

^ Agree with whats already been said, its always best to get an idea of the possible campaigns you can run, as nobody likes getting slapped by there networks. I would also be careful as it sounds like you going at it a bit too direct, sending emails to a collected amount. It would probably work best if you give possible leads the chance to opt-in to receiving emails from you, then you can simply place the banner of choice on the follow up email.

Something you may want to consider is creating a sales funnel. Pick a niche something like "Gaming" "Weight Loss" ect then simply find an angle to promote a newsletter,guide,free gift, to all people on a landing page. Once you have got some opt-ins using a tool like Aweber or others, you can then begin to send them useful tips, mixed with affiliate offers, or the banner of choice.
Bare in mind that not all people use Email services that allow anything other than plain text emails, so its important to create 2 variations.

Thanks ImAdmirer and Raven!

One thing at the back of my mind was the opt in issue. The last thing that I want to do is spam people. Thanks again for pointing that out to me. My girlfriend is going away for three weeks :(.....so during this time I will have a lot of spare time to plan and launch my campaign, and do things properly :).

I will post a case study as soon as I launch the campaign.

Until then.

Great! Just take action in the time you have and you will get somewhere, i will keep an eye out and help you along the way.
Good luck!

Every time I put a banner in a email it's spam score go's threw the roof so I do not end up doing it! It depends on what email provider you are using some times you can simply copy and past it, I use that for inputting buttons but if the person you are sending the email to has images blocked it's a waist of time. The second was is to self host the banner the put it in. If you are using aweber then you can do it with html ! But keep a eye on spam score. Most important you usually have to cloak your links. Definitely check with AM first

I wouldn't ever use them personally, i think proper HTML email layouts are ok but throwing in a spumy banner isn't great and like you say will get pulled up into the junk folder.

Try to stick to words. banner and images are detected by the email clients. One thing that will you banned fast is links, try not to place no more then say three, every image that you place that is clicker-able is considered a link.
If you do want to use an image an easy way to do all email creative is to use a WYSIWYG editor. The one that I use is KompoZer - Downloads it is free and no I am not affiliated with them.

Try to stick to words. banner and images are detected by the email clients. One thing that will you banned fast is links, try not to place no more then say three, every image that you place that is clicker-able is considered a link.
If you do want to use an image an easy way to do all email creative is to use a WYSIWYG editor. The one that I use is KompoZer - Downloads it is free and no I am not affiliated with them.
Have you guys ever split tested banners and images?

Have you guys ever split tested banners and images?

Yes we have, in fact we have found that no images work better then drops with images. The main reason is because the email services tend to filter images harder. Also email with more then two links in them tend to go to the spam box. We have started to just send text creatives.

MI
Back