The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Un-successful stories

joeyyyy

Well, what about unsuccessful stories? Im sure that each of you had some failture, something that ended badly.

Im new in Affiliate, still learning and I know what mean lose. I really need hear these unsuccessful stories just to know that I am not alone and that the same things are happening to all of you.

For example I made easy good looking Affiliate page with clothing and after 150 cliks in PPC i have no order. And I must admit im using Long tails and I am really give it my best to make a clicable and profitable ads.

Last edited:
I might have one:
When starting I used comma instead of dot for decimals and bought 10x more expensive clicks (~$100) by accident, completely ruined my first campaign budget...

Most of that are earning have daily, weekly, monthly, and annual failures of all types. Hell, every time I enter into a new offer promotion I am met with tons of failure before getting the campaigns dialed in and earning.

I think everybody has had some unsuccess at one or some point. I've personally had too many to name, can't think of a specific example that's anything out of the ordinary - link not working right but didn't check, so didn't know; set up tracking incorrectly; didn't double check that an offer I was running was still live, it had been paused but I was still sending traffic to it. :D Campaigns frequently get paused but that one ran an incredibly short period of time, think it shut down less than a day after I started running it. Still, that's on me. Luckily, I discovered after only about half a day late, could've been worse.

I've spent too much testing ads. I've used up my ad budget on a campaign that started working great, so I didn't have the money to keep it going. Let me tell you - that sucks!

Well okay, I think I've adequately shown the world some of my dunce moves. Are you feeling better yet? :)

By the way, how do we get the word "unsuccess" in the dictionary. :D

Well failures i have all the time almost .My failure was like now 1 year or 2 when i was working with a free blogspot blog .My posts was about book downloads ,guides etc .It was working very good and i was getting like 1000 views per day and i was making like 20$ per day ,my mistake was that i put some copywright software articles on my blog .When i login in 1 morning i see my blog deleted .This was like someone hit me 100 times with a hammer in head .My lesson ts that you should never use a free blog as you can work hard and in a day you can lose it .Build your brand your propriety etc

Thank you for your stories:)! I feel a bit better now:p

But I still think... for begginers the most important thing is to have some orders. You know... after that you realize that you are doing something right. That it works.

Maybe i wanted to hear that you were the same.. = 0 conversions despite some effort.

:) OK, maybe its something that everybody experienced from the begginings...

Maybe i wanted to hear that you were the same.. = 0 conversions despite some effort.

Oh, lots of people (myself included) have been through that. The trick is to pause and figure what needs to change/improve. If you can figure out what's not working, you can work towards making it work.

Is your offer a good one? Did you split test your ads? Did you try different angles? Are you targeting properly? Were you tracking your ads so you can analyze where you're losing people?

Just a few questions you might want to ask yourself, see if you can start turning this around.

Don't give up, try a different approach to the problem.

MI
Back