The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Traffic during weekends vs weekdays

ironbull

Hi,

I would like to know your thoughts about running traffic during weekends and weekdays.

In my case, I have a lot of campaigns that are performing great during weekends but the ROI decreases during weekdays.

Is that a normal trend? Why does that happen? Is it different the user intent?

Also, do you notice any difference between days of the week? Let's say, Monday is worst than Thursday.

Thanks

People have more time to use internet during weekends, traffic increases. I've found Sundays
particularly profitable, almost 200% more conversions. On a consistent basis.

It all depends on the niche that you are exploring. There are some niche that are highly used during the weekend. You know the weekend is usually considered a time to relax and therefore if you have offers that are related to holiday and partying, then you will be able to convert a lot. There are also other areas that do target the working days and office work as a whole, such like offers will always convert highly during the weekday as compared to the weekend. I will urge you to just have a proper understanding of all the offers you have.

It all depends on the niche that you are exploring. There are some niche that are highly used during the weekend. You know the weekend is usually considered a time to relax and therefore if you have offers that are related to holiday and partying, then you will be able to convert a lot. There are also other areas that do target the working days and office work as a whole, such like offers will always convert highly during the weekday as compared to the weekend. I will urge you to just have a proper understanding of all the offers you have.

In my case, I am promoting app installs. That shouldn't be day sensitive in my opinion.

Hm, people are playing games more on weekends in my opinion. Planning holidays too, so travel apps would preform better on weekends too.
But again, some business apps should convert better on weekdays, so it all depends on app really.
Anyway, shouldn't be big difference, because we all using mobile all the time

It depends on the niche.
Your opinion isn't worth anything if the data is saying something different. Take data driven decisions, not opinion driven decisions.

When you don't have data what comes next? ;) OP probably lack of data in this field and he/she came for help. If you have some webs or platforms where we can test this, please share

When you don't have data what comes next? ;) OP probably lack of data in this field and he/she came for help. If you have some webs or platforms where we can test this, please share

He's got experience and he has data as he already said the results are better during weekdays although he thinks it shouldn't be like that.

But if you don't have data, what comes next is gathering data by running your campaigns.

I find my content sites in the professional fields develop more traffic Monday through Friday and the content sites in recreational fields develop more traffic Thursday through Sunday.

Hi,

I would like to know your thoughts about running traffic during weekends and weekdays.

In my case, I have a lot of campaigns that are performing great during weekends but the ROI decreases during weekdays.

Is that a normal trend? Why does that happen? Is it different the user intent?

Also, do you notice any difference between days of the week? Let's say, Monday is worst than Thursday.

Thanks

As others have said this is quite normal :) It just seems like your traffic is placement specific if I read your post correctly. Traffic *does* change during certain times - whether it's an app or whatever else you're promoting - So during those times when you have high conversions it just means people are less bored and more focussed on downloading games. Traffic can sometimes be very random.

Here it comes, the weekend is just here. Let's make some money :)

I just wanted to understand the why (the reason) because I was not sure about it. Now, with all the replies, I see that the mood of people during weeks is different than the one during weekends.

Week - more stress, less time, focus on the important things, less entertainment consumption = hard to convert
Weekend - less stress, more time, no focus just relax, more entertainment consumption = easy to convert

Of course, if the offer is just a week-based offer, it would be the opposite but in general, it's that way.

I agree it definitely comes down to the niche, our main focus is health/fitness/diet pills etc. and we are a content based network. I'd say weekday evenings are a good time for conversions, Monday and Tuesday are typically the strongest days and weekends are noticeably slower - that's in terms of conversions rather than just traffic though. I guess you need to consider the lifestyle of your target audience and how that fits in to when they might be online :)

I find that leisure based offers do way better during weekends (i.e. games, dating) , while some general utility offers can do better during weekdays or not that much of a difference (i.e. transportation, food). And of course adult related offers tend to do better during night time. You will always see a traffic spike during weekends, that could mean more conversions but not necessarily a better ROI.

In the end data is king, so you'll have to look at it, if you have enough to find any kind of significant pattern. Most beginners make choices with too little data to make any statistical sense, so they're basically just guessing. As in 10 bucks on a $3.00 usd offer ain't probably gonna get you there.

Cheers

I find that leisure based offers do way better during weekends (i.e. games, dating) , while some general utility offers can do better during weekdays or not that much of a difference (i.e. transportation, food). And of course adult related offers tend to do better during night time. You will always see a traffic spike during weekends, that could mean more conversions but not necessarily a better ROI.

In the end data is king, so you'll have to look at it, if you have enough to find any kind of significant pattern. Most beginners make choices with too little data to make any statistical sense, so they're basically just guessing. As in 10 bucks on a $3.00 usd offer ain't probably gonna get you there.

Cheers
(Dating traffic +adult offers)x night time weekends = $$$ ROI :D

my little formula haha

We have verticals that do much better on the weekend than the weekdays. Many offers (insurance is a prime example) do not allow weekend traffic

it depends on niche on you are working for. Investment websites gets good ROI in weekdays while adult websites gets good ROI in weekend

I think it depends on the niche.

But anyways, if you see that you are converting more during a certain period of time than another, I have heard that there are ways to modify your campaign by ad scheduling to increase your performance. This way you can deactivate your campaign in days that you know your ROI will be too low.

To your success,
JC

MI
Back