The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

To Landing Page, or not to Landig Page.

jfree98

affiliate
The question that has been burning my brain is for a newbie such as myself, would you recommend creating a Landing Page or Direct Linking? I know it has been said that when I find a niche, that I should test the niche and see how much traffic it generates by Direct Linking to the merchant, and then creating a Landing Page. However I would like to know how I do that, when some affiliate networks require you to have a website already established in order to sign up?

Also another question...when I finally decide on my niche, and begin to build my website, what name do I use for the website? I mean should I just select a name that is along the lines of the merchant I choose to market for?

Very confusing stuff.

The question that has been burning my brain is for a newbie such as myself, would you recommend creating a Landing Page or Direct Linking? I know it has been said that when I find a niche, that I should test the niche and see how much traffic it generates by Direct Linking to the merchant, and then creating a Landing Page. However I would like to know how I do that, when some affiliate networks require you to have a website already established in order to sign up?

Also another question...when I finally decide on my niche, and begin to build my website, what name do I use for the website? I mean should I just select a name that is along the lines of the merchant I choose to market for?

Very confusing stuff.

Hi jfree98,

Many networks know that some affiliates do PPC and don't have a site so I'm not sure they always require. You should have some type of site anyway though. I know it's hard though when you are just starting to test and don't know which way you;ll be going. You can get caught up in all types of chicken vs egg scenarios.

On the domain - DON'T get a name similar to the merchant. The merchant may not work out and you may have to switch. Plus some merchants have a problem with affiliates getting a similar name and could even say it's a trade mark infringement and make you stop using it after you go to all the work of building a site.

1) Pick your niche

2) Pick a domain name that relates to niche and hopefully has your main keyword in it. Having your NICHE keyword in the domain helps with Adwords quality score AND with click through rates and conversions.

3) Then pick your merchant. If your main KW is green widgets and your site is bestgreenwidgets.com and you pick XYZwidgets.com for your merchant but they don't convert, you can replace them with ABCwidgets.

Hope this helps!

MI
Back