The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Taxes and affiliate marketers outside the US?

100kinvesting

Greetings all!

I was wondering about a couple of tax related questions, regarding "non resident aliens," as the IRS defines them.

So, if I have an affiliate program, and people outside of the US want to promote my affiliate products, how does that work, on taxes. The affiliates would not be working in the US, but from their own location in their country. However, they would be promoting products exclusively to the US market, so business transactions would be taking place in the US, between the businesses and clients.

Would the affiliates need to pay taxes to the US? As the affiliate manager, would I need a 1099, or similar form, as they are freelancers? Or does that not apply with "non resident aliens?"

Thanks!

You affiliates are not working in the US territory and they are not US citizens, therefore thy should follow jurisdiction of the country they are doing business in. They are working on the territory of a different state so why they are supposed to pay to US budget.

You affiliates are not working in the US territory and they are not US citizens, therefore thy should follow jurisdiction of the country they are doing business in. They are working on the territory of a different state so why they are supposed to pay to US budget.

They get a statement of earnings from the U.S. company to use for their own income reporting needs in their country. As pointed out by Graybeards link.

The U.S. company needs to issue those income statements in order to also claim the expenditure on their tax returns.

banners
Back