The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Starting My Journey! Steps Till Launch

Thank you everyone for your valuable input and to OP for starting this thread. I am new to affiliate marketing and still learning a lot and this thread has helped me immensely. But I do feel like I have a lot to learn before progressing further.
Just the idea of research the niche, figuring out the keywords, then starting a blog/site, putting loads of content on it, optimizing it for SEO and then actually ranking it to get some traffic seems like a insurmountable task but since I am broke as hell, I can't go the PPC route either. Gotta stay motivated....

Thank you everyone for your valuable input and to OP for starting this thread. I am new to affiliate marketing and still learning a lot and this thread has helped me immensely. But I do feel like I have a lot to learn before progressing further.
Just the idea of research the niche, figuring out the keywords, then starting a blog/site, putting loads of content on it, optimizing it for SEO and then actually ranking it to get some traffic seems like a insurmountable task but since I am broke as hell, I can't go the PPC route either. Gotta stay motivated....

@ShajeeAfzal
When you eat you take bites
Why not start a journey thread?

you might not get alot of traffic from them but you can see your pages getting ranked and moving up the serps, which is fun:)
Definitely! Also, the way I look at it is, even if they are not high volume searches, the keywords are quite specific so I feel that the buyer intent should be higher. Usually people that would type in those kind of KWs would be interested in the product.
They're low competition
What's usually your method to gague competition? Even if the search volume is only 1-3K/monthly, competition can still be high, no?

Thanks for the feedback!

Welcome! Glad you found this thread useful.

A little tip:

In the beginning, as you learn about all of the tasks that need to be accomplished, it will feel like an insane workload. I feel that this is the part where most people get discouraged and end up giving up far too early. The reality is the more you work on it the more used to it you get. Then, you don't notice the workload as much, it just become second nature and that's when you'll realize that it's totally doable. Plus, when you start gaining some traction and seeing results, you can start to automate a lot fo your tasks which takes some of the burden off!

Keep moving forward!

A little tip:

In the beginning, as you learn about all of the tasks that need to be accomplished, it will feel like an insane workload. I feel that this is the part where most people get discouraged and end up giving up far too early. The reality is the more you work on it the more used to it you get. Then, you don't notice the workload as much, it just become second nature and that's when you'll realize that it's totally doable. Plus, when you start gaining some traction and seeing results, you can start to automate a lot fo your tasks which takes some of the burden off!

Keep moving forward!
It can feel insane, but it's fun as hell.

@ShajeeAfzal
When you eat you take bites
Why not start a journey thread?

Sure, I will definitely start a journey thread once I get going....

A little tip:

Keep moving forward!

Thank you for that tip, I realize that once you start doing it, it becomes second nature but the thing is, I am new to marketing, so there is just so much to learn. Sometimes when I am reading threads, I don't even know the terms or abbreviations that are being used...I just have the basic idea, its just the little things that I need to learn.

How's your journey been so far?
Going well, thanks for asking!

The Good:
Working on the website still but it is coming along. I've been finding images on Yandex and cropping them slightly to change them since I don't want to just scrape content. The actual copy is coming along pretty good and I am getting used to using Wix. I am able to work faster and faster. Don't know how things will go with ranking but regardless of that, I'd like for my site to be up and running with LOTS of high quality content just before the holidays. (for this particular niche)

The Not So Good:

Since my site has not launched yet and is not public, it's harder to apply to some affiliate programs since they require a site to review your application.

Still working on only one niche. I need to start doing my researching and build sites on other niches as well so I can have some diversification. My goal is to start making $100/day (organically) give or take, but I'll need to get the ball rolling on several niches to get to that figure..

Hi AmNovice Glad to hear you're still getting stuff done :)
You know my advice would be to get that site online and indexed, even if you force index a couple of artilces (Google have sorted the indexing issue). The sooner you get this done the better. Have a homepage, a contact us page, and a priviacy policy. You can downloaded a privacy policy free online and adapted it to suit your site. Then setup google analytics. It doesn't matter what your site looks like or what stage of developement it's in you need to get it indexed asap.

3pZ2fX6hXqUzdyrs0nPTrl8Cm3Ozh643g48IZm7obPzsr6YMWxjxGwmyclTS2YhPgGQLgakJrnNmbkb1LpRcdxuKJHqmg-PymOC8nrOB0CqJHpS90ffIZmLm6KeV3TW-qZx5tuj5

:D

Last edited:
Hi AmNovice Glad to hear you're still getting stuff done :)
You know my advice would be to get that site online and indexed, even if you force index a couple of artilces (Google have sorted the indexing issue). The sooner you get this done the better. Have a homepage, a contact us page, and a priviacy policy. You can downloaded a privacy policy free online and adapted it to suit your site. Then setup google analytics. It doesn't matter what your site looks like or what stage of developement it's in you need to get it indexed asap.

3pZ2fX6hXqUzdyrs0nPTrl8Cm3Ozh643g48IZm7obPzsr6YMWxjxGwmyclTS2YhPgGQLgakJrnNmbkb1LpRcdxuKJHqmg-PymOC8nrOB0CqJHpS90ffIZmLm6KeV3TW-qZx5tuj5

:D
Thanks for the encouragement! I think I will take you up on that advice, just going to do a few more things in the next 2 days and I will index it so that Google begins to note it's existance. Going to set up the privacy policy as well as a disclaimer. Will update soon! Thanks again for the tips!

Small Update:

Building out my site with Wix but I stumbled on a little hiccup. I looked into hosting with Liquid Web but because it's Wix, I can't download the website and I cannot work offiline since their editor needs to be in constant connection with their server. This means that I can't use a hosting platfrom like Liquid Web. Makes me wonder if I should build it out on Wordpress instead.

In terms of hosting with Wix, this is what Google says: "With Wix, your site is hosted for free, as soon as you hit Publish. You can always upgrade to one of our Premium Plans to get more storage and bandwidth."

Maybe I'll just stick with Wix since I've already started. Don't want to waste time and lose my progress. With future sites, I'll try other tools and platfroms and get a sense for which I like working with more.

Update

As I'm working on my content site, I get a "campaign cancellation" notice from MaxBounty. This means that the company I was focusing on promoting through my site has now pulled out of the MaxBounty network. (I was automatically approved to run the offer through the network). Has this happened to anyone?

Should I message the company and try to go direct with them since its no longer an option through MB?

ps I also messaged my affiliate manager to find out more info. Just waiting for her response.

Much appreciated.

banners
Back