The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Starting My Journey! Steps Till Launch

AmNovice

Hey everyone I thought I'd share my plan,

I thought I would wait to have a site up and running before I start documenting my journey but I thought - you know what, I'll start a follow along anyways and share my list with you on how I'll plan for it all.

I have already picked a relatively small niche but it seems to be in good demand and I see it increasing in demand around the holidays. This is all thanks to my AM who told me about the specific offer and that its doing really well for affiliates.

Goals

1. Make the visitors happy by providing them with detailed info on product(s)
  2. Compare and contrast between products in same niche
  3. Help the visitor make an informed purchasing decision
  4. Rank organically on first page of Google for certain keywords (in 3-5 weeks)
  5. Make some decent sales ($50-$100/day once website is ranked)

Tasks

1. Understand the product inside and out
  2. Understand the Google webmaster guidelines
  3. Do some keyword research
  4. Figure out a design and layout for my content site
  5. Write highly detailed copy explaining the product, its benefits, etc
  6. Create a real value proposition for why my readers will want this product
  7. Create the website

That's all for now, but I'll keep posting as I start checking off these tasks. Feel free to post any comments, suggestions, etc, all are welcome!

Happy marketing everyone!

The only thing you really need to understand about most products is why people will buy them --most of the technical stuff is not the salesman's/ or Affiliate's required knowledge ...
The other problem is finding things you can sell enough of to make the profit you need ...
It's all possible, and being done daily; so it's not an insurmountable objective.

The only thing you really need to understand about most products is why people will buy them --most of the technical stuff is not the salesman's/ or Affiliate's required knowledge ...
The other problem is finding things you can sell enough of to make the profit you need ...
It's all possible, and being done daily; so it's not an insurmountable objective.
Great point! It's good to remember to not be obsessed with trying to master every aspect all at once and in the beginning. It will all happen in due time!

Great point! It's good to remember to not be obsessed with trying to master every aspect all at once and in the beginning. It will all happen in due time!

Yup. Don't wait for things to be "perfect" to get started. That can make it so you procrastinate too long. :D

Really glad you've started your journey, I'm excited to watch your progress!

What you are trying to deal with is what MBA's call 'mission creep'
  • When something seems partially acceptable --go ahead and test the prototype ...
  • As you go you will find yourself fixing problems you never anticipated
    --and many of the problems that you were dreading over will seem trivial down the road as the 'mission' progresses.
  • The only sure thing is the unknown --shit always happens :D

What you are trying to deal with is what MBA's call 'mission creep'
  • When something seems partially acceptable --go ahead and test the prototype ...
  • As you go you will find yourself fixing problems you never anticipated
    --and many of the problems that you were dreading over will seem trivial down the road as the 'mission' progresses.
  • The only sure thing is the unknown --shit always happens :D
Useful! I'll have a look at the points from the article, thanks Graybeard!

Question I have is; can I sell enough to make a profit by just being a content marketer and ranking really well on Google through SEO by solving the customer's problem?

@EuronGreyjoy seemed like he was doing quite well with this strategy (from $10/day to $60/day) but now he appears to be a bit off-put by Google SEO from what I read in his other thread...I feel like I'm getting a bit of mixed information haha.

Don't get distracted by anything or anyone.
Everyone has their own angle.
I personally know two people doing very well blogging, I mean full time income well, and they focus soley on Google SEO.
Content marketing is ideal, once you have a good flow of traffic, your options are endless. There are companies who pay good money just to advertise on a blog with traffic.

Don't get distracted by anything or anyone.
Everyone has their own angle.
I personally know two people doing very well blogging, I mean full time income well, and they focus soley on Google SEO.
Content marketing is ideal, once you have a good flow of traffic, your options are endless. There are companies who pay good money just to advertise on a blog with traffic.
Thanks for your post! It's a little tricky as a beginner to know which direction to take. Some people say to focus on your Google ranking one day, but then the next they'll be like "avoid Google" haha focus on PPC..I know that either way, focusing on making great, relevant content is key...that way, whether you drive organic or paid traffic to that content, your customers will be happy.

Question I have is; can I sell enough to make a profit by just being a content marketer and ranking really well on Google through SEO by solving the customer's problem?
one SEO/organic referral is worth 50 ad traffic referrals IMHO
50 ad referrals (NET, Landed, REAL--not bots) will cost $20, 50, 100 ?

testing pops again :(
admav_log-click_analysis.jpg

very cool! are their blogs catered toward one particular niche?
Yep, one niche.
Although there are obviously many sub niches involved.

In the beggining you should be spending alot of time researching keywords.
Before I wrote a single article I had over 650 relevant keywords with low competition and good traffic potential.
It's also a good idea to link your articles with each other where you can, and also build some quality backlinks from other more established sites, Google will index your pages faster this way.

Just going back to your orignial post I noticed you want to rank in Google within the first 3 to 5 weeks. Let me just explain that Googles alogrithmn deosn't allow this to happen. Your site will be placed in Googles sand box for the first 3 months. This will restrict your rankings and traffic while Google monitors you site. This happens to all new websites barr none, so don't be put of by it. When you get out of the sand box you will see a significant increase in rank and traffic almost overnight.

The old days of build it, rank it, and watch the money roll in are long gone.
SEO is much more than that nowadays ;)

Last edited:
Yep, one niche.
Although there are obviously many sub niches involved.

In the beggining you should be spending alot of time researching keywords.
Before I wrote a single article I had over 650 relevant keywords with low competition and good traffic potential.
It's also a good idea to link your articles with each other where you can, and also build some quality backlinks from other more established sites, Google will index your pages faster this way.

Just going back to your orignial post I noticed you want to rank in Google within the first 3 to 5 weeks. Let me just explain that Googles alogrithmn deosn't allow this to happen. Your site will be placed in Googles sand box for the first 3 months. This will restrict your rankings and traffic while Google monitors you site. This happens to all new websites barr none, so don't be put of by it. When you get out of the sand box you will see a significant increase in rank and traffic almost overnight.

The old days of build it, rank it, and watch the money roll in are long gone.
SEO is much more than that nowadays ;)
Thanks for the reply! Hey @EuronGreyjoy check out this response I got above ^^ How are you ranking within 3-4 weeks haha? :eek:

Your site will be placed in Googles sand box for the first 3 months.
So even if I have great content that's providing value to my readers/customers, great set of keywords, my content will be shoved on the sidelines for 3 months and I wont be able to get traffic just because it's new? Wow, I can see why people get fed up with Google and just go the PPC route...

I noticed you want to rank in Google within the first 3 to 5 weeks. Let me just explain that Googles alogrithmn deosn't allow this to happen. Your site will be placed in Googles sand box for the first 3 months. This will restrict your rankings and traffic while Google monitors you site. This happens to all new websites barr none, so don't be put of by it. When you get out of the sand box you will see a significant increase in rank and traffic almost overnight.

Who told you all this?
  1. Google Sandbox is a myth
  2. You can start ranking on day 1
  3. I got 200+ visitor/day in 2nd week
Unless your site has reg flags:-
  • no SSL
  • lots of ads
  • duplicate content
  • broken links
  • redirects
  • links from gateways/spam
  • links to gateways/spam
  • thin content
  • missing meta tags
  • slow loading
  • not working on phone
  • not using title tags
  • blacklisted ip
  • blacklisted domain

So even if I have great content that's providing value to my readers/customers, great set of keywords, my content will be shoved on the sidelines for 3 months and I wont be able to get traffic just because it's new? Wow, I can see why people get fed up with Google and just go the PPC route...

Best way is follow the guidelines
Everyone had their opinion
Based on personal experience

Last edited:
banners
Back