The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Starting My Journey! Steps Till Launch

NOT for our industry
Sometimes you learn from trial and error. I started to see that Wix was a bad choice a few days ago when it came time to figure out hosting for it. The fact that I can't host it with another provider (other than Wix) really means that I don't own the site...when you couple that with the fact that I can't download the site either, and work on it offline, reaffirms my mistake. Bad move. Luckily, not much progress will be lost.

Definitely using another platfrom. Thanks @tjtutor

The fact that I can't host it with another provider (other than Wix) really means that I don't own the site...when you couple that with the fact that I can't download the site either, and work on it offline, reaffirms my mistake. Bad move.

Exactly right but now you know. It's really important to own and control your site if you can.

The good news is that you've discovered it early (ish) on. :)

Sure. I expected it's happened to most everyone from time to time.

Some network dashboards will give you an expiry date for the campaign, so you know if it's going to be around for a while.
Thanks for your reply! Do you recommend that I try and go direct with the company? The payout was better through MB which is a bit of a shame..

Sometimes you learn from trial and error. I started to see that Wix was a bad choice a few days ago when it came time to figure out hosting for it. The fact that I can't host it with another provider (other than Wix) really means that I don't own the site...when you couple that with the fact that I can't download the site either, and work on it offline, reaffirms my mistake. Bad move. Luckily, not much progress will be lost.

Definitely using another platfrom. Thanks @tjtutor

Get a real VPS, I like Liquid Web and Bluehost. Liquid is a bit more but offers managed hosting which may be a better choice for you for now.

Get a good WYSIWYG HTML5 editor and you are off to the races. Using an intelligence platform will allow you to download currently working landers which you can have cleaned by someone from UpWork or Freelancer. Then you can add your own touches and modifications to it.

Thanks, been googling them! Is this kind of editor good for building out an entire website, or is it more geared toward landers?

They are good for either of them! Most of them do not have themes, or premade anything. They are typically just editors that offer the ability to build HTML, PHP, CSS, ASPX, ASP, and/or JavaScript.

For landers and HTML5 emails, I use mostly Microsoft Expressions or DreamWeaver and then send the code to my dev guy to clean up and make it more efficient and to remove any code errors that occur. He usually charges me around $25 to clean and correct any landers. He builds and manages my HTML sites as well, that's a bit more expensive than you'll want to spend perhaps, at least for now until you start expanding your budget.

For landers and HTML5 emails, I use mostly Microsoft Expressions or DreamWeaver and then send the code to my dev guy to clean up and make it more efficient and to remove any code errors that occur. He usually charges me around $25 to clean and correct any landers. He builds and manages my HTML sites as well, that's a bit more expensive than you'll want to spend perhaps, at least for now until you start expanding your budget.
This is all great. Really appreciate it. Only thing I'm trying to figure out is how I would add images, design themes etc in these types of editors. That was one good thing about using a site builder tool (provided you can own your site of course).

Update

Decided to go with Bluehost shared hosting (for now) and I downloaded wordpress to go along. Finally have my SSL certificate as well. Site is online and so far its running at a decent speed although there is much more to add to the pages.

My wordpress admin page was loading super slow last night and kept crashing, probably from plugins I have installed. I do need these plugins for now though so I'll have to figure out how to fix the speed. Will be back with more updates!

banners
Back