Skype Being Hacked Regularly - Here's A Fix

Certified

T J Tutor

GM
Administrator
Certified Vendor
Dojo Master
AffKit
Over the past few months I've been reading about, and hearing from associates in our industry, that their Skype accounts have been hacked. During that time, a program I use has been notifying my of intrusion attempts in Skype. It still continues today. I keep getting notifications from a program that is part of my security that continued intrusion attempts are being thwarted by my program.

The program I use is Malwarebytes. I've been a user of this program for many years and with continued success. I highly recommend takig the opportunity to get their trial version and see if it stops these types of intrusions for you as well.

Have you tried Malwarebytes?

Have you been hacked?

What's your experience with Skype hacks?

Yes, I have had my Skype account hacked. The intruder sent links to everyone on my contact list. Luckily, no one clicked, as they have some internet savvy.

I have Malwarebytes (free version) and TrustRapport (as well as other programs). Didn't receive any notification, unless I missed it somehow. The offender hacked in when I was offline.

Do you need the paid version MB to get the level of protection you have?

Yes, I have had my Skype account hacked. The intruder sent links to everyone on my contact list. Luckily, no one clicked, as they have some internet savvy.

I have Malwarebytes (free version) and TrustRapport (as well as other programs). Didn't receive any notification, unless I missed it somehow. The offender hacked in when I was offline.

Do you need the paid version MB to get the level of protection you have?

I have a paid version. I am not certain if that makes a difference.

Oh this is good to know and I will be on the lookout. I keep getting a video message notice from skype video and saying I need to install a plugin first to view it. I have not installed the plugin since my work computer has sensitive info. I wonder if the plugin is causing a hole for the intruders.

Oh this is good to know and I will be on the lookout. I keep getting a video message notice from skype video and saying I need to install a plugin first to view it. I have not installed the plugin since my work computer has sensitive info. I wonder if the plugin is causing a hole for the intruders.

This could be, I am not certain where or how the threats originate. I plan to look into it more deeply now that I know some of you are, or have, experienced this.

Thanks TJ ill have to check that out.

One problem I heard with skype before was they have next to no security when people try and retrieve 'forgotten password' accounts. There was a hack where all someone had to know was the email on the skype and two other contacts the account had as security questions.

From this people would then get the account and spam a link to all the contacts in the list in hope people would also click the link resulting in being hacked. The more they did this the more accounts they got.

Some measures I go through to help and what people advise on..

I have bought skype credit. I don't use the credit but my credit card is associated with the account so is another security measure someone wont know answers to

I use a personal email separate to my MonsterAds email

I dont just add random people on skype. I always make sure it's relevant to why they added me.

I NEVER ever click links people send me without having a conversation with them first. Ask them what it is, why they sent it etc. Then your own judgement should know if its suspicious or not.

Thanks TJ ill have to check that out.

One problem I heard with skype before was they have next to no security when people try and retrieve 'forgotten password' accounts. There was a hack where all someone had to know was the email on the skype and two other contacts the account had as security questions.

From this people would then get the account and spam a link to all the contacts in the list in hope people would also click the link resulting in being hacked. The more they did this the more accounts they got.

Some measures I go through to help and what people advise on..

I have bought skype credit. I don't use the credit but my credit card is associated with the account so is another security measure someone wont know answers to

I use a personal email separate to my MonsterAds email

I dont just add random people on skype. I always make sure it's relevant to why they added me.

I NEVER ever click links people send me without having a conversation with them first. Ask them what it is, why they sent it etc. Then your own judgement should know if its suspicious or not.

Hey brother @JakeMA , great advice. This is advice everyone should implement immediately.

Thanks Brother!

Recently Maxbounty's AM (KateBoone's) skype was hacked, suddenly she started asking for 200$ bitcoins from all the affiliate working under her, I am sure many affiliates lost money because of that hack.

Skype should think about increasing its security. My laptop was ratted few months back, that's when I got to know about Malwarebytes, since then I am using MB for my laptop, never got any intruders till date.

Regards
IndeXer

Yes. The malwarebyte is a very good solution in order to avoid such intruders attack.
1. Never accept any request without verifying the person
2. Never click on any link before you confirms that the link has been sent via trustful source.
3. Usually people click or download without any second thought for those please be careful as this might contain some harmful content which may cause your system to be remotely accessed by someone else.
4. Our own precautions can easily save our systems and our personal data from hackers.
5. Malwarebytes you may surely use or trust upon but personal care is very much important.

Happy computing.

Thank you

MI
Back