The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Several CPV sources compared...

So I've been in steady profit for at least 3 weeks with them now. Without giving out my formulas, just a few tips: From my extensive F/T experience with them over the past few months, it seems about 94% of their entire traffic is for desktop (PC). Any mobile campaigns either don't have enough traffic to convert and if they do, it's like maybe 1 lead every few weeks. Their desktop traffic on the other hand, has like a dozen times better chance of converting.

Likewise although ZP is known for their domain redirects, the CPV is where the money is at. It seems their CPV traffic volume is at least 12x more; likewize it's vastly cheaper (think 0.0002 starting for CPV vs. $0.006 for redirect; average 0.0021 vs. 0.01), and for me, it's about their only channel that's been converting. They have domain redirects, domain keywords, pop target, pop keywords (their best ad format mentioned above) and search. Their search engine marketing is like the Adwords concept just simplified, and can convert campaigns that work with their other ad types, and unlike Adwords they have a reasonable price of $0.01 CPC which allows every keyword to get traffic. But not everything converts via search that converts with their other ad types, it's just a luck of the draw.

That's all this whole aff. marketing jig is in the first place, gambling with online investing with high hopes and only some guarantees really. But optimism helps ;)

Last edited:
I'm thinking to also join PropellerAds. But it seems Zeropark may rebroker their traffic thru them - so does anybody know if joining both would be purely duplicating my ads, or would there be at least a good deal of unique traffic coming from each agency??

I'm thinking to also join PropellerAds. But it seems Zeropark may rebroker their traffic thru them - so does anybody know if joining both would be purely duplicating my ads, or would there be at least a good deal of unique traffic coming from each agency??
They rebroke some of their traffic but if you want access to all of it better go direct (and increase your ROI).

Yeah I definitely need an additional traffic source. It's amazing how wildly my profits from ZP can swing - it can go from over $100 to just a single digit earnings from one day to the next... and that's without changing a thing. I suppose that happens to everybody sometimes?

Propeller seems quite nice. I guess the only downside is that they don't seem to have any customer service (no answer to 2 inquiries yet), and that they don't take Paypal.

Well, granted my campaign hasn't started just yet but I'm already quite displeased with PropellerAds. Somehow they conveniently hid the fact that they don't have any actual targeting until after I signed up & made my deposit - then on the campaign creation page, all I see are selections for geo and device... so I'm thinking where the hell is the actual targeting for things like keyword / URL or at least category? No such thing!

So what they really have to offer us just blind RON campaigns, where you presumably have to burn though thousands of dollars on long optimization time just to find which targets they have matching your service, which is something you should have been able to simply select from the beginning. Somebody please tell me I'm wrong about this? Right now I'm in absolutely no spot to be doing blind RON traffic - I'm in an urgent need for fast ROI on a low budget. Is that sort of concept even possible on PropellerAds, or is success acheived only through a long duanting, expensive process of building up lists of Zones?

PS- would a low CPM bid be more likely to result in lower quality sites, or just slower traffic? THANKS!

Well, granted my campaign hasn't started just yet but I'm already quite displeased with PropellerAds. Somehow they conveniently hid the fact that they don't have any actual targeting until after I signed up & made my deposit - then on the campaign creation page, all I see are selections for geo and device... so I'm thinking where the hell is the actual targeting for things like keyword / URL or at least category? No such thing!

So what they really have to offer us just blind RON campaigns, where you presumably have to burn though thousands of dollars on long optimization time just to find which targets they have matching your service, which is something you should have been able to simply select from the beginning. Somebody please tell me I'm wrong about this? Right now I'm in absolutely no spot to be doing blind RON traffic - I'm in an urgent need for fast ROI on a low budget. Is that sort of concept even possible on PropellerAds, or is success acheived only through a long duanting, expensive process of building up lists of Zones?

PS- would a low CPM bid be more likely to result in lower quality sites, or just slower traffic? THANKS!

Keyword and URL? This is pop traffic, not PPV. All networks like this are the same (popads, popcash, adcash, propeller, gungoo, etc.). They will give you the site ID and you optimize with that info.

RON campaigns with high volume is where you can make the big numbers. Going small with URLs only keeps you at 2-3 digits per day max.

If you want URL then go for SelfAdvertiser, 50onred and trafficvance as you want PPV traffic only and no pop traffic overall.

I thought PPV is another way to say pop traffic (pay per view = pay per pop), are you saying these are different, and how?

Well yes I've tried some from your first paragraph such as Popads. They let me optimize with the site ID, but at least they allowed me to begin by choosing a category to narrow it down a bit. I've already asked for a refund from PropellerAds because I didn't see any hope in untargeted RON campaigns, as I don't have so much money for optimization testing. But OTOH, I heard someone is earning good from their mobile pops - maybe I should have tried a simple CPA or CPI mobile pop campaign with them while I still can.
Thanks again

PPV is like CPM model, while pop campaigns are about pop.
Give Propellers one more chance, they are very good in gambling, mcommerce etc.

Then how is my site display to the visitor if not pop ?

Pop traffic is usually paid on "1000 pops" which is not equal to "1000 views" as users mostly close it even before watching. However you're right at the point that those are still views.
Basically pop is kind of CPM traffic but not equal to it.

I thought PPV is another way to say pop traffic (pay per view = pay per pop), are you saying these are different, and how?

Well yes I've tried some from your first paragraph such as Popads. They let me optimize with the site ID, but at least they allowed me to begin by choosing a category to narrow it down a bit. I've already asked for a refund from PropellerAds because I didn't see any hope in untargeted RON campaigns, as I don't have so much money for optimization testing. But OTOH, I heard someone is earning good from their mobile pops - maybe I should have tried a simple CPA or CPI mobile pop campaign with them while I still can.
Thanks again
If you have low budget try low paying campaigns, not just going very targeted on categories/sites. You'll make more money that way.

PPV is mostly for sites who target by URL (traffic comes from toolbars) while pop traffic covers just many websites and most of them use a script to show the popup instead of a toolbar that is installed in your browser.

Well guys, another update - this being a bit of a low.

Over the course of the last few weeks I have gone from hero to zero in the affiliate scene - well more bluntly from triple figure days to overall losing money. It all started with the decline of the major offer I was promoting last month as a CPV on Zeropark, in the home services industry. For reasons relating to technical issues from the publisher, I had to pause all traffic sources to the offer. Then days later I happened to be removed from the other offer I was promoting with moderate success due to conversion quality (weird crap because I got positive feedback from another partner on the same source).

Since these disastrous blunders towards the beginning of the month, I've tried several more related offers and even taken the advice of @servandosilva to try RON type targeting of small offers for easy conversions. I've even ventured out to try DNTX and PropellerAds. But with the exception of a small $5-20 profit here & there, it was a loss overall - big time. Everything I've been throwing at Zeropark was crapping out on me, even the offers with high network EPCs, mass appeal vertical and exceptionally polished landers (and small, should-be easy converters).

From DNTX, I tried 4 ad channels of my best offer and one major test of another best converting pop up offer of mine, and with shockingly low traffic volume and never - ever one conversion. So I gave up with them. From PropellerAds I tried around 10 offers but never could seem to find the right balance between optimization and budget control, leaving me with campaigns that just break even and without much spend. So at present I've completely given up on PropellerAds, Zeropark and DNTX - that is to say that I am in dsmal loss right now (5 credit cards nearly all maxed out and no savings / assets). And it's more of a knowledge that there is no hope with those traffic sources, rather than succumbing to failure. Now I'm shifting focus to more of mobile performance marketing, and have had even more unfortunate setbacks there, but that's a whole other chapter.

So I'm posting this that some of you may be so kind to give me any insider tips - moreso any specific formulas that just may get me 'back in the game'. Because for now, I feel I've fallen far from the tree, almost to the point of no return. Perhaps Servando, @lrs1995, @krass, @cashmoneyaffiliate or anybody can help me with some feasible (and affordable) tips?

feel free to contact me directly also

Last edited:

Over the course of the last few weeks I have gone from hero to zero in the affiliate scene - well more bluntly from triple figure days to overall losing money. It all started with the decline of the major offer I was promoting last month as a CPV on Zeropark, in the home services industry. For reasons relating to technical issues from the publisher, I had to pause all traffic sources to the offer. Then days later I happened to be removed from the other offer I was promoting with moderate success due to conversion quality (weird crap because I got positive feedback from another partner on the same source).

Since these disastrous blunders towards the beginning of the month, I've tried several more related offers and even taken the advice of @servandosilva to try RON type targeting of small offers for easy conversions. I've even ventured out to try DNTX and PropellerAds. But with the exception of a small $5-20 profit here & there, it was a loss overall - big time. Everything I've been throwing at Zeropark was crapping out on me, even the offers with high network EPCs, mass appeal vertical and exceptionally polished landers (and small, should-be easy converters).

From DNTX, I tried 4 ad channels of my best offer and one major test of another best converting pop up offer of mine, and with shockingly low traffic volume and never - ever one conversion. So I gave up with them. From PropellerAds I tried around 10 offers but never could seem to find the right balance between optimization and budget control, leaving me with campaigns that just break even and without much spend. So at present I've completely given up on PropellerAds, Zeropark and DNTX - that is to say that I am in dsmal loss right now (5 credit cards nearly all maxed out and no savings / assets). And it's more of a knowledge that there is no hope with those traffic sources, rather than succumbing to failure. Now I'm shifting focus to more of mobile performance marketing, and have had even more unfortunate setbacks there, but that's a whole other chapter.

So I'm posting this that some of you may be so kind to give me any insider tips - moreso any specific formulas that just may get me 'back in the game'. Because for now, I feel I've fallen far from the tree, almost to the point of no return. Perhaps Servando, @lrs1995, @krass, @cashmoneyaffiliate or anybody can help me with some feasible (and affordable) tips?

Take your last remaining cash and join a PPV forum check around for a good one and learn exactly how PPV works and signup for 50onred their traffic is amazing big boys convert like crazy on 50
Also if you wire them you don't need to start with $500 you can start even with $100 Plus their customer service is very good and quick
Stay away from Selfadvertiser I used them for a good few months and from a bunch of campaigns nothing ever converted.

Take your last remaining cash and join a PPV forum check around for a good one and learn exactly how PPV works and signup for 50onred their traffic is amazing big boys convert like crazy on 50
Also if you wire them you don't need to start with $500 you can start even with $100 Plus their customer service is very good and quick
Stay away from Selfadvertiser I used them for a good few months and from a bunch of campaigns nothing ever converted.
it depends also on the offer you want to run , so you want to run for example antivirus better you go with popads or zeropark or similar

Damn bro, sorry to hear that. Hope you managed to figure something out there?

MI
Back