The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Registering a new domain for a cold email campaign

palashmahmud

affiliate
I understand that it is better to register a new domain for cold email campaigns to protect your primary one. I may be overthinking this but do you think it's better to either:

A - Register a new domain that is basically the same as my primary domain but just add a hythen somewhere.

For example,

primarydomain.com vs primary-domain.com

My thoughts are that this would make the new domain look cleaner and hopefully more trustworthy to a cold lead but could cause confusion down the line when I want clients to start emailing my primary domain instead of the sales domain.

Or

B - Register a new domain that is clearly different to avoid any confusion down the line.

For example,

primarydomain.com vs join-primarydomain.com

This would probably help to avoid confusion later but I fear an overly long email address might look more suspicious to a cold lead. Also words like 'join', 'sales' or 'get' will tip off leads that they're being sold to and they will more likely ignore the email.

I'm probably over thinking this but would appreciate some opinions.

Note - I'm not planning to spam people, I plan to send targeted tailored emails but I have read it's best to register a new domain just encase.

Black listing is done by not only domain name but by server IP address also.
So, unless you are using distinct servers it may not matter that much.
SMTP servers and the domain(s) that link from the email body ...

I understand that it is better to register a new domain for cold email campaigns to protect your primary one. I may be overthinking this but do you think it's better to either:

A - Register a new domain that is basically the same as my primary domain but just add a hythen somewhere.

For example,

primarydomain.com vs primary-domain.com

My thoughts are that this would make the new domain look cleaner and hopefully more trustworthy to a cold lead but could cause confusion down the line when I want clients to start emailing my primary domain instead of the sales domain.

Or

B - Register a new domain that is clearly different to avoid any confusion down the line.

For example,

primarydomain.com vs join-primarydomain.com

This would probably help to avoid confusion later but I fear an overly long email address might look more suspicious to a cold lead. Also words like 'join', 'sales' or 'get' will tip off leads that they're being sold to and they will more likely ignore the email.

I'm probably over thinking this but would appreciate some opinions.

Note - I'm not planning to spam people, I plan to send targeted tailored emails but I have read it's best to register a new domain just encase.
This could definitely work well if you are using your own server.
Just see to it that you use a separate pool of IP's for the cold email campaign if you are using a bought or bartered list.
Give enough time for the IP's to cool off before sending out batches, you can gradually increase the volume.

MI
Back