The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Question about funnel process (banner->lander->offer)

pisces

affiliate
Hey all,

Let's say you have a funnel: banner->lander->offer and on your lander you want to gather their email address.... Now, the thing that is not clear to me, do you use double optin for that or single optin?

I mean, if a user clicks on your banner where you market some offer, and they land on your squeeze page where you wanna get their email address... so now they have to put their email address, and then go to their email to confirm, and THEN they go to final offer? Isn't that time consuming for them?

Do you somehow bribe them on your squeeze page: "In order to get to final offer, let us know your email"? ... or you send them some related ebook.

Let's say you have a funnel: banner->lander->offer and on your lander you want to gather their email address.... Now, the thing that is not clear to me, do you use double optin for that or single optin?

Many autoresponder providers now require DO. I have always used DO with all of my funnels over the past few years due to this. One thing I discovered was that there was a fall off in the confirmations, but the confirmations I got were more responsive in email follow ups and resulting conversions.

I mean, if a user clicks on your banner where you market some offer, and they land on your squeeze page where you wanna get their email address... so now they have to put their email address, and then go to their email to confirm, and THEN they go to final offer? Isn't that time consuming for them?

Once they fill in the form, your autoresponder goes into action silently behind the scenes while the prospect is then taken to your offer page, your site, your product, etc., where ever the funnel is designed to take them next. Hopefully to a conversion. The prospect doesn't get to the email confirmation until the next time they log on to email.

Do you somehow bribe them on your squeeze page: "In order to get to final offer, let us know your email"? ... or you send them some related ebook.

I don't recommend wording it like that. Maybe study a bit about copywriting and especially sales and marketing copywriting.

As far as incentives, well that can work sometimes. A lot of it depends on the niche your content is related to and how it fits into your funnel.

If I may inject here for a brief moment...

I think @tjtutor is giving you good advice to always use double optin. For one thing, some countries legally require you to do so. So, using DO not only ensures that your targets are truly interested but also covers your butt legally.

banners
Back