The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Seeking Help Strange experience Maxbounty verification process

TomVB

affiliate
Hi all,

I am a Maxbounty affiliate since a couple of months.
I just had a very weird experience and I don't know if it's a fraud.

I accidentally logged into my account using vpn, so I was contacted through Skype by my AM to verify my identity.
After going through the steps they said the access to my account would be reinstated. That was yesterday.
Today I tried to access but I got the message that there is no account with my credentials.
So I contact through Skype again, and again I am asked to go through verification.
However, during this process I got emails from Payoneer saying my email and password were changed.
So I asked if this was normal and in a rude way they said "yes, I already explained you that!"

When checking afterwards, I am now locked out out of my Payoneer account as well and still no access to my MB account.

Is this normal? Or am I being scammed?

Well, I hope you don't have money from other sources in your Payoneer account that you cannot access also...
After going through the steps they said the access to my account would be reinstated. That was yesterday.
They work office hours of Monday - Friday in Canada.

Payoneer is a service that MB uses --they only connection is any funds sent by MB.

It’s confirmed that I was scammed by someone pretending to be my affiliate manager on Skype. They tricked me into giving my password (I know, rookie mistake ) and took over my account. Waiting for response from MB and Payoneer

It’s confirmed that I was scammed by someone pretending to be my affiliate manager
That's too common for comfort. Why would a real acct manager or a bank customer assistance person need your password? If they are real they have access credentials ;) Messenger Phishing Attack. So the VPN was hacked --they had your Skype name?

MI
Back