The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Prosper202 Install Error.

Hi Olle,

Unfortunately I cannot endorse PMI or what they provide. They are not a reputable firm. See this: Professional Marketing International Scam - PMI Scam - Utah Consumer Advocate | Utah Consumer Advocate - Work-at-home Scams

When you get a VPS at BlueHost, you are given a Dedicated IP as part of your package. I expect this to be true of most VPS packages, but you must check all provisions from a prospective hosting company before you sign up with them to confirm they meet all the requirements you may have.

SSL's are generally purchased from 3rd parties, however, many hosting companies are providing them now and when the hosting company provides your SSL they will often install it at no charge. That said, I don't see that you have a need for an SSL at this time. SSL's are typically needed for sites with eCommerce solutions, although there are several other situations where they would be a proper choice.

I outlined what you needed in post #9. I still stand by that post and as far as I have seen you haven't yet followed that procedure. I think if you stick to that outline in post #9 you will have your server and tracking issues resolved and then you can focus on getting your business on track and start generating conversions.

Stand Strong, Make Some Money,

T J

Thanks Tj.
It's valuable advice and I appreciate it.

I have Jumba's response below, but will check with BlueHost as well before I proceed, doesn't seems like this fit in the existing Jumba plan anyway - and if so I have no preference to go with them (Generally, whatever service we're buying we're paying a lot more in AUS that in the US.)

Regarding PMI I tend to agree, I'm in there, but I won't recommend them to anyone. They are slacking off with their responses already after 3 months out of 18, if that continues I might be forced to cancel the contract with them. (Probably would be better off cancel that program and join Dojo instead.)

Will get back to you before I proceed with anything.

Cheers for now - have a great one...

Olle....

>>Does Jumba provide VPS (virtual private server)? Or in other ways
Unique IP.<<

-We provide Virtual Dedicated Server. If you have shared hosting plan however you can purchase dedicated IP address. The dedicated IP address cost is $120 per year.
You can check our virtual dedicated server plans at following URL:
Virtual Dedicated Servers in the Cloud @UberGlobal

>> The business plan under www.sugardreams should include one additional
Domain / Hosting, does that additional hosting come with Unique IP?

Please note that in cpanel business plan you can host only one domain.
You can not create another cpanel hosting account. You can add unlimited addon domain and it is not possible to install SSL on addon domain. We do not provide free IP on any hosting plan. You will need to purchase it. In order to install ssl on domain, that domain should be primary domain name with related to cpanel account. If you wish to install ssl for sugardreams.com.au then we can install it for you. I have already provided information on the same in ticket #5247947.

OK TJ

As to Daniel W at Bluehost their small plan should handle both out Worpress blog (currently at Jumba) and the P202.
Including VPS and Unique IP.

Here's the Spec;
https://www.bluehost.com/cgi/info/hosting_features

Cheers

Olle...

(6:04:22pm)Daniel W.:

36 months $4.95/mo Total $178.20
24 months $5.95/mo Total $142.80
12 months $6.95/mo Total $83.40

(6:08:55pm)Olle:
How about SSL Cert,, is that included? Or is it something that can be added on later?
(6:10:03pm)Daniel W.:
it can be added later /

https://www.bluehost.com/cgi/info/hosting_features

6:22:12pm)Olle:
That was a long list, I'll check it through with the guys here, but as you verified that it handle our requirements at the moment I will probably sign up tomorrow.

(6:22:54pm)Daniel W.:
yes we have all those requirments
ns1.bluehost.com and ns2.bluehost.com

Olle, the plan that Bluehost quoted you is shared hosting. TJ recommended the VPS and not shared, which is this - https://www.bluehost.com/cgi/vps

You see, when you are doing paid traffic you can get thousands of views within hours. Shared hosting, especially 'unlimited' host like Bluehost, may not be able to handle that many concurrent access. IF you want to use shared hosting at least go with a host that doesn't give 'unlimited' plans as those kind of hosts tend to overcrowd their server.

You're right that Aussie hostings are generally a rip off. I always use US based hosts.

Hi Olle,

Here are the basic VPS Specs at Bluehost VPS:

Standard
$29.99/mo.
First Month $14.99*
Single Core
2 GB RAM
30 GB
1 TB/month
Free Domain Name
1 IP
CentOS 6.4 (64-bit)

Here is what to do:

1. Sign up here when you are ready: (My Affiliate Link as you asked for it, thank you) Web Hosting, Domain Names, eCommerce - Bluehost.com
When you get to this page, go to the bottom of the page and click on the "Get VPS Now" button.

2. IMPORTANT!: The domain name you use for your VPS Sign up should not be used for anything else. You get one free domain at sign up, so I recommend using your company name (example: OlleInc, or OlleLLC, or what ever company name variation you like). For example, my BLuehost VPS account is set up with one of my business domain names (tjtutorllc.com) and is not used for marketing or anything other than my VPS account. All of my marketing is done on "add-on" domains and "sub-domains". So which ever domain you use for your primary domain account at setup will never be used for anything other than hosting your VPS. You do this to keep a level of hosting privacy. Don't install any blogs, crm's, or anything else on the primary domain for now.

3. Once you have your VPS up and running, go to the "Getting Started" area and read the "Getting Started Guide" and watch the videos. Get familiar with the VPS environment and what it has to offer. It's very powerful and very flexible.

4. If you have questions, be sure to chat with their VPS support people. They are very helpful.

5. Start adding your "add-on" domains.

Once you have done this, let us know and we can help you with the rest of what you want to do.

T J

Hi
Prosper202 are installed and working on BlueHost.
(I'm yet to upgrade a bit though.)

So thanks a lot for all the help guys.

Olle...

Regarding Reseller Choice.

They apparently doesn't have "Add On" domains in teh Microsoft world.

In reality though; I do not have any Domains Parked with RC, they are all Add Ons.
My dot com are parked in Europe, and teh Dot com.au are in Australia, I just Point the Name Server and use them as add ons at the hosting.

Anyway, here's Resellers last comment regarding Prosper202, after I told them the software is fine in BlueHost.

Cheers for now.
Have a great weekend all.

Olle...

BlueHost runs on apache, so the developers of Propser202 did say it would not run on Windows but I believe that they could make adjustments to run on windows.
This happens sometimes and the only solution is to have the developers look into it.

For example WHMCS (popular billing solution) started out not being able to install on Windows, it is now fully functional on Windows/IIS/PHP

Hi
Prosper202 are installed and working on BlueHost.
(I'm yet to upgrade a bit though.)

So thanks a lot for all the help guys.

Olle...

Hi Olle,

Glad to hear you have P202 installed and working.

When you say you didn't upgrade yet, does that mean you are on BLueHost shared hosting or did you get the BlueHost VPS package that I recommended?

T J

Olle...

BlueHost runs on apache, so the developers of Propser202 did say it would not run on Windows but I believe that they could make adjustments to run on windows.
This happens sometimes and the only solution is to have the developers look into it.

For example WHMCS (popular billing solution) started out not being able to install on Windows, it is now fully functional on Windows/IIS/PHP

Tweaking a software to operate outside the environment of the developers software requirements is not recommended. It is always expensive and never supported by the developer. This type of tweaking is seldom successful and often results in operational misgivings.

I used to be a developer Olle and I can tell you first hand that is always better to take the path of least resistance in cases like this. You are interested in getting sales, not becoming a software hacker.

I hope you are on the road to money now, let us know how things work out for you!

T J

Hi Tj - and others.
I'm back! Got lost in the transfer through to Affiliate Fix - but Oliver have sorted that out now.

Now as this dragged out installation is done guys, I think I start a new thread regarding usage of P202.
Seem to be a lot to learn about getting the Links / Pixels / PostBacks etc...

And I totally agree TJ, I'm here to make Affiliate and Marketing money, have no intention to attempt installing P202 with Reseller Choice.

Talk soon my friends.....

Olle

banners
Back