The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Tracking with App Install

mavricks

Hey everyone,

Been researching a bit about app install campaigns but not getting much info out there.

Will a tracking platform like Voluum be able to fire a FB pixel when someone converts/downloads a mobile app?

Thanks

Most app providers work with appsflyer, adjust, kochava and tune. Those should have native integrations with facebook SDK.

However, if you are just picking mobile offers form aff networks, then they should provide you with this type of info.

Note, however that facebook pixel is client based, so it's not going to work with any of tracking platform, which fire server to server pixels.

Thank you so much for your answer. I'm also facing similar problem. After running lot of cpi campaigns, I hired a android developer and created an utility android app. Now I want to track the installs, I want to know from which traffic source, or lander triggered Googleplay app install. Can you let me know how can I track that! Is adding trackers custom conversion pixel to the apps first screen helps?
Other option I found was adding Googleplay campaign attribution ( developers .google .com/analytics/devguides/collection/android/v4/campaigns#google-play-campaigns), but it doesn't help me to track conversions in my tracker, right! Please help.

Most app providers work with appsflyer, adjust, kochava and tune. Those should have native integrations with facebook SDK.

However, if you are just picking mobile offers form aff networks, then they should provide you with this type of info.

Note, however that facebook pixel is client based, so it's not going to work with any of tracking platform, which fire server to server pixels.

@Graybeard - apps and website behave differently, especially when it comes to attribution across devices. Keep in mind that the app itself will not carry the cookie from the browser and therefore, the pixel call might not work.
@Sebin Thomas - I highly recommend to using the native attribution tools provided by google platform. They should normally provide the required docs to integrate with third party tools. So the attribution is done by google tools, and they fire the conversion to your tracking system or facebook.

banners
Back