The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Organic Searches

KenDoIt

affiliate
Ok, another question....I am hoping that this is the way things work around here. I don't want to be the only one on stage....

Can someone become successful with an affiliate website by driving traffic to it organically and through Social Networking or is a PPC the only way to go?

Absolutely you can be successful with SEO alone.

You need a lot of good content and a lot of good links.

Look up Kirsty's UK Affiliate Marketing blog in Google for a good example of how she built her lingerie site. She gets traffic with both natural search and PPC.

I am talking about inbound links to increase the Search Engine Results Positions (SERPs) of my keywords.

I couldn't care less about page rank as I don't sell text links to other webmasters.

Look at JCorkern's sticky on article marketing in the Article Marketing forum for starters. (To be honest this will get you great results for most longer tail keywords and maybe even a few short tails)

Do some blog commenting, article distribution, a few good directory submissions, some guest blogging, some link bait, build a widget, build a screensaver and submit it to software directories, do some social bookmarking, secure some keyword real estate (see **********.com for explanation), start a blog/s, join your local BBB or chamber of commerce, do some relevant reciprocal links, offer a scholarship and get it on .edu sites, hold a competition and let bloggers know, join some relevant forums and build yoru signature.

That should get you started.

Jeeez. I thought I had a decent handle on things but I guess its time to learn some more!

Thanks for all the insight!

I recommend looking into article marketing. It's nice way to learn a few key aspects of affiliate marketing such as keyword research, anchor text, linkbuilding, etc.

Yes, SEO techniques can be used to get traffic to your affiliate website. One needs focus on developing a good original content, on-page optimization. Every affiliate marketer loves free traffic!

i think the one thing to say about free traffic is do be prepared that it will take longer for your efforts to materialize ...#

don't expect to do stuff today and for it make instant sales tomorrow ... well ok, you might from articles and stuff, but the climb to get search engine results does take a bit longer ... just keep working on it though, and don't be tempted into spammy stuff - if google thinks you're spamming your link you'll drop very quickly

The majority of my sites are organic in nature. Yes, you can do well without PPC. However, everone needs to find out what works for them. No one way is the answer. My best suggestion is to experiment.

banners
Back