The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

One Last Attempt At Affiliate Marketing

Ok, my first campaign is finally in the books. I didn't make any sales, but it was definitely a good learning experience. It was a T-Shirt campaign with a Facebook page as the "landing page", and I used Facebook ads to promote a post with the shirt.

I ran the campaign for 2 days and spent just under $10 using a "post engagement" type ad. I personally did the artwork for the shirt, Facebook page cover and profile pic.

For my next attempt I'm going to get a fiverr designer to do all the artwork, and I'm going to change my ad-type to focus on traffic. I've also got some ideas to rework my targeting. On to campaign number 2!

upload_2018-3-21_18-25-48.png

When I used Facebook, I remember you need to let the algorithms kick in, 2 days is right on the verge of that and you stopped it, nevermind note it down that you need to give time for facebook to deliver the best for your campaign.

Any updates on this? The best thing to do is take action, don't be one of those guys who reads and reads and learns and never takes any action, by now you would of had a profitable campaign for sure.

Any updates on this? The best thing to do is take action, don't be one of those guys who reads and reads and learns and never takes any action, by now you would of had a profitable campaign for sure.
I will definitely be doing an update. I've just been a little swamped with all-nighters for my regular job lately. It's crazy how little time I've had lately, but that's how it goes sometimes.

Affiliate marketing is definitely where I want to spend my time - it's where I want to be. But, it's definitely going to be a battle with time to get to a point where I can start to replace my current job. I think that's the most daunting thing of all at the moment.

This follow-along reminds me of a blog post I read from Malan Darras.

Affiliate Marketing Training: The Chaos Theory You can see one of the three type of character that Malan was referring to in this follow along.

This post from Malan was the one pushed me to start taking action and just learn along the way.

My process is Read, Test, Evaluate then repeat.

I just read your first post and couldn't realise how do you combine fact being lazy with all other like probably being quite good programer in Canada and all other life facts for that matter. If something fails I think you should push it even a bit more to right dedication and that's it.

I learned a lot from this thread. I see a lot of my former self in the OP. The research and the work excuses. I wasted years with this myself.

I learned a lot from this thread. I see a lot of my former self in the OP. The research and the work excuses. I wasted years with this myself.

This is common. Many go through this stage. You must have learned something along the way.

Man I just read 4 pages of this thread and got pretty excited to find out what was going to happen. Then after all the work he put in, and all the posts on this thread, am I right in thinking he spent $10 on FB ads, didn't make a sale and gave up?

Last edited:
It's unfortunate really! So many don't realize that it takes more commitment than a few dollars to make this career work for themselves.

It's true
I learn in 20/80 ratio to action
Learn early (when you make & eat breakfast listen to it, try 7-8)
Then BOOM 8-12 take action
By lunch you already did your tasks
After that your phone is ding?-ding?-ding? with sales
1 hour learn, 4 hours action
Try it

banners
Back