The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

New to the forum and affiliating

Annesoren

Hi! I am Anne from Norway. Where to start...
I haven't launched a single campaign yet, and I keep getting stuck on obstacles on the way - but getting closer... I guess being desperate isn't the way to get started, but that is kind of what I am. I have all my bets on one horse at this point (the story is to long to post).
I have worked as an analyst (am quite good at it too) in some major corporations, am fairly intelligent, and studied graphic design as well.
I signed up for all the tools and downloaded some landing pages from Adplexity just to see how they are built, but wow was I demotivated! They all seem super advanced with tons of scripts, stylesheets etc. and I just dont know where to go from here. I am in a race against time, so studying coding for months is no alternative :(

What I have done so far is to:

get a domain, hosting, tracking software (trackingdesk), spy tool (Adplexity), affiliate network (one of the small ones, because the larger wants to see results before they let me in), traffic source (PopAds, PropellerAds), learn some basic HTML and CSS, added subdomains and created CNAME records to my tracker.

I plan to start with mobile traffic, and I have one offer approval so I can run a test campaign, but I can't seem t put everything together...

Questions:
- How does everyone create their pre-landers? Do they need to be so advanced?
- Do you sometimes grab logos and images from the offer website - and is that allowed?
- What pixel sizes should the ads be? Lets say I want to make a native ad on a mobile source - how do I know the size it should be? Is it just a simple .jpg?
- Is there anyone who can help someone like me to go through the steps of launching a campaign for the first time?

Please don't give me the "just suck it up"-answer. I am barely holding on as it is :(

Welcome to AffiliateFix!

Looking forward to your your posts and threads.

So, as for your questions, well, what you want to do is post those questions in the Newbie Helpdesk forum. This is an Introductions thread where we get an idea of why you're here and how we can direct you to getting the most from the community.

It is great to see you ask loads of questions, acquired the necessary tools to start, and that you are taking action. This is often what stops a Newbie, so you are definitely past the initial stage of sticker shock of the essentials. You are absolutely in a position to get things rolling.Create a budget, and create a plan. I know you are moving right along, but having your plan and goals on paper pinned on the wall in front of you will most definitely keep you focused on each accomplishment you need to complete each day, each week, ans each month.

As for your story, we can all appreciate your struggles. We feel it everytime we read about the struggles others encounter. We relive our own from the past and present when seeing yet another members story. We all have stories, we all have faced struggles and desperation. However, you cannot, under any circumstances, allow these struggles to be a guiding light in your pursuit of building a growing business in this industry.

Communication in this community is what makes the magic happen. Relentless honest, and humble, participation in this community will give you the guidance, direction, and responses you require. When other members see you are in "hot pursuit" of your goals, when they see you are pushing the limits and stacking loads of questions in the appropriate forums, when they know you are serious and never giving up, they will see to it you have the information necessary for you to get to the next level with your business.

Stay focused, stay busy, create a budget, and create a written plan!

T J

Oh, and one more thing. DO NOT give up on your initial choices. Stay with them until you master each tool and each element of your plans!

Thank you so much. And sorry about posting in the wrong place. I created a post in the Newbie helpdesk forum as well. Should I delete this one?

No need for deletions.

Just get your mojo going and enjoy the ride. Struggles and all, it's part of being in business for yourself!

Hi Annesoren, welcome to the Affiliate Fix Community! If you need any assistance, please feel free to contact us. We offer a great affiliate program for online marketers at xlovecash. Check us out!
Best of luck to you!

banners
Back