The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

NEED HELP!! CPA Offers and PPC - How to???

jza

affiliate
So I just got into affiliate marketing and am confused on a few things. I just signed up with a CPA Network(Clickbooth). Now I dont't have my own website but for what I am doing I dont need one. I am simply wanting to use adwords to write ads and link them directly to the CPA offer page.
Thiis is where I get confused. Once I have found an offer that i want to promote, what do I do? It says to use a link that is for adwords advertising, but it also says deploy a link. I am not sure what to do here. Also do i not give a google conversion tracking pixel so I get paid. I dont really want to ask affiliate manager because, getting into these networks you have to show that you have experience and I dont want to reveal that I'm don't.

I would really appreciate some insight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi jza,

Welcome to 5 Star. I'll try to give you some general answers but each network is different so some question to really get the answer right you should ask them. Someone here could say do XYZ but for that network it may not be the right answer.

1st off I'd like to say that if you are totally new to the world of affiliate marketing, so new you don't even know the basics, then I think it is extremely risky to jump right into PPC. There are so many potential problems I'm afraid you aren't aware of.

For instance did you realize you may not be able to do Adwords direct to the offer in many cases? Google only allows one ad going to a destination URL so if other affiliates or the merchant are bidding then your ad likely won't even show. (they may already have high quality scores and can afford to bid higher than you.) Plus there are increasingly strict quality control guidelines that make direct linking harder and ADDITIONALLY some merchants and offers don't even allow it.

Most pro affiliates I know would only direct linkfor a quick conversion test but then they build out a site for the offer because even just having a landing page these days still is tough due to the quality score issues.

"Also do i not give a google conversion tracking pixel so I get paid."

The network does the tracking so you get paid.
G tracking would not help with that. T

he reason affiliates would use G tracking is for things that help manage their campaign so they can improve performance. For instance it would help them know which ad and/or keywords were making the most sales. But not all networks/offers will place a tracking pixel for you. If they had 1000 affiliates promoting the offer that all wanted tracking it would be too much, especially considering 80% of those affiliates may never get around to driving any sales. But again as far as tracking the sale, that's done on the network end. So affiliates want the tracking pixel though as insurance or a double checking mechanism to be sure they are getting credit for all their sales.

HAVE YOU STUDIED PPC AND ADWORDS IN DETAIL??? You really have a lot to learn before you jump in and start losing money.

If you need help learning PPC, let us know and we can give you lots of great "free" resources. We don't sell ebooks or allow others to try to sell you stuff so all the info we have is free. I just don't want to bother giving you a bunch of resources if you feel you don't need them.

Hey Linda

Hi Linda

First of all let me say thankyou for the advice. Much appreciated.

To be honest with you, I am in early stages of affiliate business, but I am probably not a complete newbie anymore. Ive gone through quite a few courses. You may have heard of them; affiliate payload and commision blueprint and few more. The only thing that I am really having problems with is the a few technical issues such as the ones I described earlier. I first started with clickbank products and have started making money from them and now have come into CPA's. Its just technical terms and small procedures that I am having a little trouble with. So if the offer page does not accept conversion tracking then, will the CPA network still provide information down to the keyword or do I have to purchase some software?

Sorry I'm not sure because that's a network dependent question and I don't know anything about that particular network. If you don't want to ask the AM I think you can probably find the answer in an FAQ or something on their site.

If you need to get tracking software here are a couple free option I've heard good things about. <a href="http://affiliate-blogs.5staraffiliateprograms.com/1465/prosper202-ppc-tracking-tracking202.html">Prosper202 PPC Tracking Launches - Free from Tracking202</a>

Disclaimer: that's not a personal endorsement, I've never tried it and don't personally know the guys, but some super affiliates have spoken highly of it. You still need to do your own due diligence. :)

banners
Back