The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

My first campaign and need some help!!

sherlock

affiliate
This month I started trying to learn affiliate marketing, and I ran my first campaign yesterday.

Here is the information about my first campaign:

• traffic source: PropellerAds (traffic format: popunder)
  • tracker: BeMob( free plan)
  • network: Golden Goose
  • offer info: geo: Cameroon ; vertical : mainstream ; category: Games, Education; conversion flow: HE+PIN
The purpose of running this campaign is to learn the correct process,so I used direct url and set both daily budget and total budget to 10$.
After I ran out of my budget, I saw 3k impressions, 0 click, 0 conversion.

Is this result normal? And what should I do for further learning?
Sincerely ask for some advice!

The purpose of running this campaign is to learn the correct process,so I used direct url and set both daily budget and total budget to 10$.
  1. Did you test the link you used for the campaign at Propeller?
  2. Did that click register OK on your tracker: BeMob( free plan)?

First things first ....

1. Did you test the link you used for the campaign at Propeller?
  2. Did that click register OK on your tracker: BeMob( free plan)?

First things first ....
Thanks for the reply!
I can see the data increasing in the tracker and postback to the network also worked,is that means the link is ok ?

Impressions mean loads of your page (bridge page/prelander)a popunder in this case (supposedly),
0 click on your popunder page? how would the tracker know that?
Conversions are posted back to the trackers URL from the seller's page

So this means that 3k impressions or events occurred at the ad networks counter
traffic source: PropellerAds (traffic format: popunder)
but you tracker shows 0 arrived and is shown as a click?
  • on your server?
  • or as a click on the network's
  • or on the selling offer's servers?
Where is the click count's event occurring? (Or not occurring in your case?)

Are you following the documentation correctly? Add a Traffic Source From Templates

The discrepancy in statistics between a traffic source and tracker is a regular case.
A certain percentage of traffic can be lost on its way to the tracker due to the following reasons:
  • traffic geo. For some African countries the traffic discrepancy can reach up to 40%.
  • traffic type. As usual the most significant traffic loss is registered with pop traffic.
  • bot traffic. There is no traffic source with absolutely human traffic.
  • speed of internet connection. It affects how fast the website is loading.

This month I started trying to learn affiliate marketing, and I ran my first campaign yesterday.

• offer info: geo: Cameroon ; vertical : mainstream ; category: Games, Education; conversion flow: HE+PIN

Why are you running ads in Cameroon?

The purpose of running this campaign is to learn the correct process,so I used
Why are you running ads in Cameroon?
Because he is trying to practice on the cheap, that should have been obvious to you :p

Unfortunately, cheap traffic is generally poorly performing traffic: So it may really defeat the purpose for its use in the first place.

Last edited:
but you tracker shows 0 arrived and is shown as a click?
  • on your server?
  • or as a click on the network's
  • or on the selling offer's servers?
Where is the click count's event occurring? (Or not occurring in your case?)
tracker's statastics:

Visits | Unique Visits | WebView Visits | Clicks | Unique clicks | WebView Clicks | Conversions
2673 | 2582 | 918 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0

I don't know whether click event is needed or not in this case,maybe it just useless.

Because he is trying to practice on the cheap, that should have been obvious to you :p

Unfortunately, cheap traffic is generally poorly performing traffic: So it may really defeat the purpose for its use in the first place.

Good Morning Graybeard.

Why would that be obvious when it makes no sense.

Even if it's just a $10.00 ad spend, target people who have money, not some third world country. No offense to anyone.

It wasn't that much money but if he had targeted better quality traffic, he might have made one or two sales.

Hopefully something was learned besides me knowing the location and demographic of Cameroon.

Are you following the documentation correctly?
I followed the doc when I operated and it doesn't need to do much,just paste the url from propellerads , so i think I did it correctly.
The tracker BeMob is not selfhosted, is that a problem? Maybe the load is too slow?

Why would that be obvious when it makes no sense.
He is learning and I didn't think he was expecting many sales anyway.

Tables

Visits​
Unique Visits​
WebView Visits​
Clicks​
Unique clicks​
WebView Clicks​
Conversions​
2673​
2582​
918​
0​
0​
0​
0​

The 35% of your traffic WebView Visits were real people and started a session the other 65% were total garbage that you paid for in the CPM cost :p
Your tracker only tracks clicks IN and not OUT
Bemob CAN report the WebView Visits and it can report the posted-back information --usually conversions

If you are using a landing page and want to track the clickout you will need to;
Make that tracker read a s2s post-back from your server of a click event firing.
Use in addition to a tracker Google-Analytics GA4 on your landing pages --recommended. Why?
Because your [button] is an GTM event in GA4
here I drew you a AI assisted Map read:

Last edited:
if you are using a landing page and want to track the clickout you will need to;
Make that tracker read a s2s post-back from your server of a click event firing.
Use in addition to a tracker Google-Analytics GA4 on your landing pages --recommended. Why?
Because your [button] is an GTM event in GA4
I am grateful for your patience!

In fact I haven't started learning how to create and use a landing page yet, but I will do so in the coming period of time.
Do you have any relevant suggestions for this?

I am learning affiliate marketing recently. Have you tested the link? And may I know you work with CPL/CPA/CPC or other?

Have you tested the link?
You can DM a link or pseudo link
you work with CPL/CPA/CPC or other?
Only CPA as in CPS. I don't work with most smaller middlemen networks. I have worked on the management end of in house affiliate programs, develop and program 15+ years.

1. You have no landing page of your own? yes/no?
  2. WebView on your dashboard of the tracker is an estimation of the inbound traffic from:
    a.] traffic network to the tracker URL for that ad campaign
    b.] real word data from your bridge page (landing page URL at the network)?

If I tested your "link" I probably would be redirected, based on my US GEO, you would see no "click" on you tracker as it is not tracking your direct linking. My "click" would not show on the ad network side either unless Golden Goose s2s posts back the inbound clicks and not only when there is a conversion event.

banners
Back