The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Native Whitelist & Blacklist Campaigns?

Anthony.

So I've been running a campaign for months and by now I obviously have knowledge of the best widgets.

Now I'm running both whitelist & blacklist campaigns with the idea of the BL finding new good widgets and the WL having higher bids to get more traffic from the best ones.

Every so often, I will check the blacklist campaign for widgets that may deserve to be in the whitelist campaign.

Thing is, I seem to be near enough break-even on the whitelist. I only have THE BEST ones of the last few months in there, 33 to be precise.

Is 33 enough for a whitelist?

Do I bid very high for the whitelist or what?
How do I know I'm the top bidder. Using revcontent.

Advice appreciated! :D

33 widgets on a whitelist campaign are just fine. What you'd want to focus on would be to bid in accordance to the performance of the targets (revcontent). Always aiming to have the EPC > CPC.

Sometimes trying to be the top bidder may not give the best results cause on the other hand the offers you are pushing play a major role in the overall results.
As for the bidding position on RevC you can check out the Avg Pos on targets.

That’s a great practice to run both BL and WL. What you need you take into consideration is: it might happen that for certain placements and widgets you will be bidding “against yourself”, but with a higher bid set for the WL campaign you will win there, so the WL campaign is more likely to be successful. Still there’s a benefit to running the BL as some good widgets may appear:)

Feel free to ping me if you ever decide to try buying thru DSP:)
Thanks,
Justyna

I'd also setup automated rules to constantly add poor performers to your block/blacklist. That's been very helpful for advertisers when scaling and watching their ROI/ROAS closely.

banners
Back