The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

what is native advertising and why is it controversial

Native means it 'belongs there' --it looks like the other on-site links. Or, a disguised ad that is 'click baity' as opposed to a normal display ad.

Since, the 'ad' has an image 300x250 (or similar) the real links appearing with display 'native' ads must look very similar to the image links for the website.

Their intent to to fool the user to click on the native ad thinking it's just an internal link.

Last edited:
With a name like 7search PPC, one might think you would have a handle on something like native advertising.

Native has had its ups and downs over the years. There is an abundance of it out there now, but also keep in mind that native ads are not permitted for all offers due to many offer owners seeing them as a form of deceptive advertising.

Frankly, I did find them useful and profitable back when I was promoting dating and some nutra. Like around 7 years ago.

WYou ask "why is it controversial". Simply put, some see it as a deceptive form of advertising and there is where you find the bulk of controversy I think.

Simply put, native ads are seamlessly integrated into the user experience, looking similar to the content on that page. Some people say they are deceptive because sometimes it is hard to figure out if it`s an ad or not. When done right, they are very effective but like any ad format, it has its pros and cons.

MI
Back