The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

My First Affiliate Marketing Journey in Fashion.

Ran like a raped ape.

OMG, I've never heard that saying before. :D

look^^ at the price today

That would've been a really sweet return on investment. Would you have been willing to part with it, though?

That is typical import freight actually low.

It's been a long time since I imported product for clients and we didn't do it that often, due to minimum quantities, had to be very large orders, no matter the product. Everything was customized. It always came by ship, took at least a month, assuming none of the cargo boxes got washed off deck during a storm. The only things we got flown in was samples - onesies, twosies at a time.

Those FB videos sound a bit like video flash cards. I think they're probably great in some places, just not so much for YT reviews.

OMG, your little one is so cute! :) Would take him a while to eat that whole cake, one tiny finger tip at a time. Did you ever get any of it?

Thanks! He is adorable and so much fun to be around. I did get a small piece but I'm not a big cake fan.

His full name is, Ma'la'ki Ikaika kealoha. His mom is Hawaiian so he has an extra long name :)

You did so well to get 1K+ views so early
Here's some positive actions I recommend for your channel
  1. Add a jingle (something positive and fun, you can download free upbeat tunes here --> www.pixabay.com/music/search/genre/upbeat/ and good example listen to this --> www.pixabay.com/music/corporate-commercial-inspiring-3403/)
  2. Add product zoom-ins (just needs extra 10-15 seconds about each product)
  3. Add video description (1st paragraph should be the length of a regular meta description, 150 characters, as it's sometimes displayed in Google search results, pay attention to 1st 120 characters, as they are displayed in You Tube search results)
  4. Add social links (on your about page --> www.youtube.com/channel/UCJWPlIZomqvF5gx06vq41Dw/about, not dramatically life changing, but every extra link helps)
  5. Add hashtag #hoodie (you already have plural #hoodies in your descriptions, so adding #hoodie will catch singular searches)
Highly recommend that you check-out/subscribe to You Tube official help channel
www.youtube.com/c/teamyoutube/videos

Well done of your progress
This is why journey threads are so amazing !!

lol I think we all should have kept EVERYTHING from our childhood.
I wish I still had my 14 year old used 1960 Coupe DeVille that I bought for $350.00 in my senior year in High School and fixed the body rust. Ran like a raped ape. 65K miles on it :)
For Sale: 1960 Cadillac Coupe DeVille in Tacoma, Washington
look^^ at the price today
Did you notice the freight charge for those?
That is typical import freight actually low.

I was pricing Solar Panels and by ocean freight it doubled the FOB China --air freight was 190%+product.
USD$77 FOB China $144 landed ocean freight +duty? $224 landed air freight +duty? IIRC
340W sell for about $1/watt These are $0.42/watt/ after duty ((77*.35)+144)/340 $0.50/watt output

Sorry about the off topic...

upload_2021-3-27_11-38-29.png

You did so well to get 1K+ views so early
Here's some positive actions I recommend for your channel
  1. Add a jingle (something positive and fun, you can download free upbeat tunes here --> www.pixabay.com/music/search/genre/upbeat/ and good example listen to this --> www.pixabay.com/music/corporate-commercial-inspiring-3403/)
  2. Add product zoom-ins (just needs extra 10-15 seconds about each product)
  3. Add video description (1st paragraph should be the length of a regular meta description, 150 characters, as it's sometimes displayed in Google search results, pay attention to 1st 120 characters, as they are displayed in You Tube search results)
  4. Add social links (on your about page --> www.youtube.com/channel/UCJWPlIZomqvF5gx06vq41Dw/about, not dramatically life changing, but every extra link helps)
  5. Add hashtag #hoodie (you already have plural #hoodies in your descriptions, so adding #hoodie will catch singular searches)
Highly recommend that you check-out/subscribe to You Tube official help channel
www.youtube.com/c/teamyoutube/videos

Well done of your progress
This is why journey threads are so amazing !!

Yeah, I'll definitely be doing some better, longer, and more in-depth videos. Be nice to also have a hopping youtube channel as well. I uploaded on tiktoc too and so far almost all the videos have over 630 views.

Someone answer me this. Who in the hell do I call to do something about my old adsense account that I can't get into. I can't find any information on who to contact besides a contact form that I think is a black hole lol. I'm seriously about to go to Pittsburg because they have an office there and it's only an hour's drive. Should I do that and just go in, in person and see what I can get out of it?

I'd love to use it again but can't get into the old one and can't make a new one.

I'm seriously about to go to Pittsburg because they have an office there and it's only an hour's drive

Best way is through social media
www.twitter.com/AdSense
  • Be overly polite and play the sympathy card
  • But at the same time be persistent (and therefore annoying :rofl:rofl:rofl)
It always works, they will realize solving your problem will take less time than ignoring you

If you do get ignored try asking some of these folk
www.twitter.com/AdSense/following

@SEOBlogPosts
Your top bar looks alot better now
Something really important for your list
  • H1 titles on category pages
Keep them short and simple, like "Animal Hoodies" that's it

If you want to add more text to your category pages I recommend normal paragraph text, but not so that it pushes the first row of products below the fold on smartphone and desktop, you could use your meta description as the paragraph

Your progress is consistent
That's a real good sign of things to come

Would you have been willing to part with it, though?
I sold it to a neighbor guy that had a '59 --front end damage --had a left turn accident :(
For lighter weight items (high value/weight) --air is cheaper
**update POC why IDK (25 better quality units) lower net cost per unit /watt
((97.5*.35)+106)/380 = $0.36/watt

solar-cert.jpg look legits :)
upload_2021-3-27_12-42-52.png

Last edited:
Here's an insider tip for choosing affiliate products
  1. Use Google Trends to see what hoodies are popular right now
  2. Check search volume with Ubersuggest
  3. Create new products in Wordpress, based on real-time demand
Trending on Google (past 7 days)
trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=now%207-d&geo=US&q=hoodie
  • hangover hoodie (+50%, reg vol --> 5400, new vol --> 8100)
  • ucla hoodie (+130%, reg vol --> 4400, new vol --> 10120)
  • lonely ghost hoodie (+120%, reg vol --> 590, new vol --> 1298)
  • corpse husband hoodie (+120%, reg vol --> 320, new vol --> 704)
  • corpse hoodie (+400%, reg vol --> 210, new vol --> 1050)
  • faded moon hoodie (breakout search, reg vol --> 40, new vol --> ?)
Combined search volume 21204
Search volume from Neil Patel
app.neilpatel.com/en/ubersuggest
Google, US, monthly

If this works for you I recommend set up Google Custom Alerts on Google Trends for the word "hoodie" and it will send you a list of all trending hoodies, every day, for free

These are some of the fundamental tactics you can use to gain regular traffic that is more likely to convert because there is some wave, event or trend that is causing increased interest - and hoodie is generally a "transactional" query so your traffic is more likely to convert to sales

Last edited:
@SEOBlogPosts
Your top bar looks alot better now
Something really important for your list
  • H1 titles on category pages
Keep them short and simple, like "Animal Hoodies" that's it

If you want to add more text to your category pages I recommend normal paragraph text, but not so that it pushes the first row of products below the fold on smartphone and desktop, you could use your meta description as the paragraph

Your progress is consistent
That's a real good sign of things to come

@Honeybadger

Awesome, Thanks. It feels good to be told I'm on the right path as opposed to wondering if I am lol. Do you guys like the green?

I will be attacking cats today, please don't mind puffs of fur everywhere...

Here's an insider tip for choosing affiliate products
  1. Use Google Trends to see what hoodies are popular right now
  2. Check search volume with Ubersuggest
  3. Create new products in Wordpress, based on real-time demand
Trending on Google (past 7 days)
trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=now%207-d&geo=US&q=hoodie
  • hangover hoodie (+50%, reg vol --> 5400, new vol --> 8100)
  • ucla hoodie (+130%, reg vol --> 4400, new vol --> 1012)
  • lonely ghost hoodie (+120%, reg vol --> 590, new vol --> 1298)
  • corpse husband hoodie (+120%, reg vol --> 320, new vol --> 704)
  • corpse hoodie (+400%, reg vol --> 210, new vol --> 1050)
  • faded moon hoodie (breakout search, reg vol --> 40, new vol --> ?)
Combined search volume 12204
Search volume from Neil Patel
app.neilpatel.com/en/ubersuggest
Google, US, monthly

If this works for you I recommend set up Google Custom Alerts on Google Trends for the word "hoodie" and it will send you a list of all trending hoodies, every day, for free

These are some of the fundamental tactics you can use to gain regular traffic that is more likely to convert because there is some wave, event or trend that is causing increased interest - and hoodie is generally a "transactional" query so your traffic is more likely to convert to sales

I wish I could do more than like that post!

I saw you are sending clicks direct to the seller
Interested to know how that works out for you?

Also found a JPG chart on their site
  • Not SEO friendly
  • Not accessible
  • Not smartphone friendly
But you can convert this content to text in a table
It's the sort of FAQ page customers are looking for
Use your own format, just a simple table

71601606113573.jpg

I saw you are sending clicks direct to the seller
Interested to know how that works out for you?

Also found a JPG chart on their site
  • Not SEO friendly
  • Not accessible
  • Not smartphone friendly
It's the sort of FAQ page customers are looking for
Use your own format, just a simple table

71601606113573.jpg

Yeah, lol I noticed that chart. I like the idea because I was thinking how I could utilize that too in some way lol. Thanks for reading my mind!

I have been trying out both direct and indirect to see which works best. So far neither works best lol. I don't seem to show more than 5 referrals from youtube and 19 from FB. Something is missing with 1514 youtube views in 6 days I would think there would be more clicks. I'm wary of the ShareASale stats like we talked about before with the bots so I don't know who is real yet since the numbers right now are low.

I'm wary of the ShareASale stats like we talked about before with the bots so I don't know who is real yet since the numbers right now are low.

I tried using Shareasale
Nothing converted, very slow customer service
Didn't reach payment threshold so haven't been paid once
Complete waste of time

Amazon Associates is the most reliable network in fashion, imho

I tried using Shareasale
Nothing converted, very slow customer service
Didn't reach payment threshold so haven't been paid once
Complete waste of time

Amazon Associates is the most reliable network in fashion, imho

The reason I'm using share a sale is because I had set up amazon a while ago but I am under the impression that because I had made the account months ago and had not made a sale, I couldn't use it because the account didn't make a sale during that whole period.

I have an amazon account, I was looking at it last night. I really don't understand how their requirements work but I would prefer using Amazon because it has that built-in trust in the name that "youandmeclothsforever.com" just never will. I would think converting would be easier, like you said you have encountered, with Amazon converting for you much better than shareasale.

3-30 Today I attempted to add an h1 title to every page. I came across a few things that looked like they should allow the visibility of the page title but nothing seemed to work.

I then went hunting in the template and plugin files and I wasn't able to locate the section directly below the green line in anything.

I figured it would be in the woocommerce plugin files but I didn't see it anywhere.

Does anyone know what file that might be located in?

I also today created a Pinterest account and I'm working on uploading all of the videos I have so far.

1 visit from Facebook and one from youtube today.

3-31

Today I'm going to finish uploading what products I already have on the site to FB, youtube, Twitter and Pinterest, TikTok, Instagram. I'm also still working on adding descriptions and other tasks for the category and tag pages, trying to use them to match broader keywords. I'm still looking for that one spot under the green line where I can insert a PHP call for the post/cat/tag title and include it in h1 tags. Is it in the woo commerce plugin or my theme. I can't seem to find a place to include that title globally anywhere.

The videos on FB I also post to the video section of the FB page as well as create a playlist for the video (with hoodies in it) I figure that should help in the same way as it does with the site by having hoodie in each file level like @Honeybadger had mentioned. I figure it can't hurt. I personally would give more status to a post that had a completely filled out form, with all the bases covered and completed than I would to a post that was missing optional, but useful information.

youtube-ch-3-31-20.jpeg

That's actually 9 days, not 28. They should change that for new channels under 28 days...

Again today there have been noooo affiliate clicks, on anything or yesterday. At least I have the video views, and rank placement to keep me excited and give me something to watch actually go up haha. I'm most concerned with ranking the right products for the right keywords to start showing up in any kind of "hoodie" search with either video results from youtube, Facebook, Pinterest, website, or product pages and images or all those at once. I have a lot of work and a lot of keywords and hoodie phrases to match. Thankfully, I chose something that has wiggle room and is popular and google has been kind to the domain so far, even giving me a youtube video, content page, and image on the front page for one keyword so far.

I just keep thinking, "Just keep building, and this time next year..."

Highly recommend Amazon Associates
I've earned $2,250 on Amazon Associates in 8 months since August 2020
Very similar niche and website to yours
Main difference is hoodies aren't considered "impulse buy" because hoodies generally cost more than $30
That's one reason you might see slower sales, but the order value is higher and so is your commission
You can always sign up for a new account using a different email address
It's a shame all your hard work doesn't make some sales yet
But imho Shareasale is not the best option in your niche

Encourage you to constantly monitor hoodie trends
What is selling and why? I make this a part of daily schedule
Otherwise how do you know what products are likely to sell?
You might like this --> amazon.com/Cool-Hoodies/s?k=Cool+Hoodies

Also, how much time have you spent analyzing competitor websites? You can make a list of things to improve on your site, because the aggregate outcome of improving your site with all the things your competitors do well is simple --> You will become the market leader

That won't work well because tables require fixed widths.
So for smartphones you only have 300W portrait or 600W landscape for the table width --you can do some media query tricks to scale the with to the viewport size.
You might get away with %widths and the viewer needing to zoom for a small screen.
Better to make a jquery form with the x and y axis values (left and top here) in a drop <select> form and the calculated result value
[65] kg [180] cm = { L }

MI
Back