The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

My First Affiliate Marketing Journey in Fashion.

My 1st application to Amazon Associates, back in summer 2020, was rejected - despite making the 3 sales within the 1st week, I re-applied immediately, and stated in my application something along the lines of "my 1st application got rejected and I now have to change all the affiliate links manually, however I read and followed all the rules, so please can you accept my re-application, thanks" - it worked

So in preparation for that, I have been placing all the Amazon links as "full links" not short links so if I need to re-apply, I can just replace the account id in the links. I'm also tagging the amazon products so I can easily find them.

In this scenario I would recommend that you download your product inventory as a CSV file, you can then "find and replace" your Amazon Associates ID in just a few clicks, after than import your CSV and all links should work with your new ID, this will save you changing the affiliate ID in every single product page

Another thing to consider
You have started a Simpsons collection
www.coolesthoodies.com/product-category/character-hoodies/the-simpsons-hoodies
Keep adding to it, because you will start to ranking for Simpsons hoodie searches
But I noticed there's still no H1 title?
This is a major part of SEO

It's great that you are posting regular updates
Keep it going

Just read through the entire thread and it looks amazing. I have no clue about seo and have primarily focused on ppc but this thread has opened my eyes to how powerful it really is if you put the time in upfront. Can't wait to watch the rest of your journey here on out.:)

My 1st application to Amazon Associates, back in summer 2020, was rejected - despite making the 3 sales within the 1st week, I re-applied immediately, and stated in my application something along the lines of "my 1st application got rejected and I now have to change all the affiliate links manually, however I read and followed all the rules, so please can you accept my re-application, thanks" - it worked

In this scenario I would recommend that you download your product inventory as a CSV file, you can then "find and replace" your Amazon Associates ID in just a few clicks, after than import your CSV and all links should work with your new ID, this will save you changing the affiliate ID in every single product page

Another thing to consider
You have started a Simpsons collection
www.coolesthoodies.com/product-category/character-hoodies/the-simpsons-hoodies
Keep adding to it, because you will start to ranking for Simpsons hoodie searches
But I noticed there's still no H1 title?
This is a major part of SEO

It's great that you are posting regular updates
Keep it going

Ok, I FINALLY got around to adding the h1 title for all pages. I accomplished it using <?php wp_title( '|', true, 'right' ); ?> inside h1 tags inside the header.php theme file.

I like your idea of the CSV that would make things super simple, thanks!

Today I also updated the homepage. I added a featured category spot area at the top, then a product slider that pulls from the newest products. I think it looks a lot nicer now. Should I add something else? Like a video or social feed?

The youtube channel is growing.
ch-youtube-4-10-20.jpeg

Facebook is up to 11 page likes I think. Since I've started using amazon the past few days I've had 28 link clicks. I'm finding I get more clicks when I focus on getting them to the product page than when I include a direct link in the video. They seem to feel more comfortable clicking on the coolesthoodies.com link.

Hope you all are doing well!

Just read through the entire thread and it looks amazing. I have no clue about seo and have primarily focused on ppc but this thread has opened my eyes to how powerful it really is if you put the time in upfront. Can't wait to watch the rest of your journey here on out.:)

It is powerful and long-term. I too can't wait to see where this leads. I've got the time right now to dedicate to something, so I might as well. I never got into ppc, mainly because I'm too broke lol. I've always gone the way of do it for free and if free earns money, then I'll start investing in that area too.

Keep going, you are really making excellent progress
Every time you find a problem you patiently get the solution
....DON'T
QUIT
Keep knocking on the door, and it WILL be opened
My biggest issue (in the past) was not knowing my "problems"
Now that I have my new friends in this great community I'm now able to move up the steps I didnt even know we're there.

On ice age collision course the weasel says "this is progress, now we know exactly what we don't know how to do" I like knowing those things because then I can learn how to fix it and what to look for.

What a transformation in your website! You've been really working hard on things and it's showing positive results. :)

I was going to ask why you don't have social share buttons on your site but I went back to have another look and see you have a couple on the item pages.

Are you planning on changing to your new logo in your social accounts? I see they have the old one. In the profile sections, I mean. It'd be a real headache to change it in each video, post, whatever.

What a transformation in your website! You've been really working hard on things and it's showing positive results. :)

I was going to ask why you don't have social share buttons on your site but I went back to have another look and see you have a couple on the item pages.

Are you planning on changing to your new logo in your social accounts? I see they have the old one. In the profile sections, I mean. It'd be a real headache to change it in each video, post, whatever.

Thanks @azgold I have been working hard on it. I also have links (icons) at the top of the page as well.

I actually was just working on updating the social profiles with the new look. Just got them all updated now.

If you guys would like to check out the social side of the site and give suggestions here are the links. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest

Lot of work loading these profiles with products, links, images... ugh YouTube is fun tho, Instant gratification lol.

Pinterest .. www.pinterest.com/coolesthoodies
  • Logo looks great
  • Try to have more followers than you follow
Instagram .. www.instagram.com/coolesthoodiesoffical
  • I refuse to visit any website that demands me to log on in order to view content
  • Same goes for Linked In
You Tube .. www.youtube.com/channel/UCJWPlIZomqvF5gx06vq41Dw
  • Nearly at your 10 subscriber milestone
  • Good to see thousands of views
  • As you progress, the views will have to be longer - have you though about this? what are your competitors doing?
  • Great that you are building categorized playlists - what about embedding these on your website category pages?
  • Follow some channels, like the brands of your most popular hoodies (example --> Simpsons, Spiderman, Batman, Superman, Wonderwoman)
Twitter .. www.twitter.com/CoolestHoodies
  • That's one cool logo
  • 0 followers 0 following, erm? I recommend some social to go with your media
  • "Just added to Coolest Hoodies - Bart Simpson Hoodie in Blue" is begging for the #bartsimpson hash tag
  • I recommend that you take 'ownership' of 1 hashtag, example #hoodies (should be in every tweet)
  • Try to make your tweets humorous and include a popular account handle - you just might get a retweet
  • Add 1 hashtag in your bio "Bringing you a hand-picked selection of the Coolest #Hoodies available, Everyday! Visit - Coolest Hoodies. The Coolest Hoodies, ever!"
Facebook .. www.facebook.com/Coolest-Hoodies-101408222030553
  • Looking good
  • Got your 10 subscriber milestone
  • Keep updating regularly

Pinterest .. www.pinterest.com/coolesthoodies
  • Logo looks great
  • Try to have more followers than you follow
Instagram .. www.instagram.com/coolesthoodiesoffical
  • I refuse to visit any website that demands me to log on in order to view content
  • Same goes for Linked In
You Tube .. www.youtube.com/channel/UCJWPlIZomqvF5gx06vq41Dw
  • Nearly at your 10 subscriber milestone
  • Good to see thousands of views
  • As you progress, the views will have to be longer - have you though about this? what are your competitors doing?
  • Great that you are building categorized playlists - what about embedding these on your website category pages?
  • Follow some channels, like the brands of your most popular hoodies (example --> Simpsons, Spiderman, Batman, Superman, Wonderwoman)
Twitter .. www.twitter.com/CoolestHoodies
  • That's one cool logo
  • 0 followers 0 following, erm? I recommend some social to go with your media
  • "Just added to Coolest Hoodies - Bart Simpson Hoodie in Blue" is begging for the #bartsimpson hash tag
  • I recommend that you take 'ownership' of 1 hashtag, example #hoodies (should be in every tweet)
  • Try to make your tweets humorous and include a popular account handle - you just might get a retweet
  • Add 1 hashtag in your bio "Bringing you a hand-picked selection of the Coolest #Hoodies available, Everyday! Visit - Coolest Hoodies. The Coolest Hoodies, ever!"
Facebook .. www.facebook.com/Coolest-Hoodies-101408222030553
  • Looking good
  • Got your 10 subscriber milestone
  • Keep updating regularly

Pinterest
- Just started this one a few days ago but I'll follow your advice.
Instagram - I decided to do this one because there are a lot of ppl on it and, my neighbor videos his trout fishing and started a page and had jumped to over 500 followers pretty quickly so I thought it might be a good one to put some effort into.
YouTube - I have thought about the view length of the videos and I've been trying to come up with some better video ideas. Honestly, the only competition is hoodielab, epichoodies, championhoodies. The first one has two channels... first has 9 subscribers and the other has 5. Between the two channels (named the same), there are 5 videos total. Now that is for youtube.

In google video search my competition is shein, justsweatshirts, hoodielab who seems to focus only on uploading videos to their website. I put my videos not only on my site but also on youtube videos as well as facebook videos. They do have 6.6k results in video search tho. It is not possible to view their videos however as when I click to view I'm brought to a product page.

How are they doing this? It's almost like they are faking product pages as video pages.

My other competition seems to be pinterest, facebook, and youtube, all of which I focus on the same identical keyword to increase my odds.
Twitter - I don't know why some of these are at 0. I do agree with you about increasing my activity and the need to come out of my anti-social corner lol. I'll take your advice, as usual, because it's always great advice and go farther than just making a post.

As far as taking "ownership" of a hashtag. I've been including #coolesthoodies in everything, everywhere along with any other hashtags I end up using.

How do I go about "using a popular account handle"?

Something like " Check out this cool hoodie, popular account handle would love this! "?

Facebook - Facebook, mostly is just friends at this point except for two. I need to get to 24 so I can secure the URL. Facebook I have been updating like most others daily with 2-3 posts.

Ok, you guys compelled me to make a new video tonight. Something besides the 10-sec videos I make on Facebook. Let me know what you think.

Great, I like the big hoodie on the left
Now I recommend that you set this welcome video as your channel default, that way it's the first video new users will see on your channel, and you can also embed on the about page on your website
Only thing missing that really stands out is positive music
Does your software allow bg music track?

Everyone can learn important lesson from @SEOBlogPosts
It doesn't matter where you start
Just keep taking small steps forward
They will lead to the treasure

Much better video to showcase how cool your hoodies are, @SEOBlogPosts , congrats!

Re adding music, I agree that would be a great finishing touch. Just make sure you don't violate any copyright laws and you'll have a winner!

This is fun to watch your business evolve! :)

Great, I like the big hoodie on the left
Now I recommend that you set this welcome video as your channel default, that way it's the first video new users will see on your channel, and you can also embed on the about page on your website
Only thing missing that really stands out is positive music
Does your software allow bg music track?

Everyone can learn important lesson from @SEOBlogPosts
It doesn't matter where you start
Just keep taking small steps forward
They will lead to the treasure

Ok, I changed the music, well I didn't change anything I added music to it and also added it as the channel trailer.

screenshot-18.jpeg

Now, Would it be better to upload the video directly to my site so it can be indexed? Or would it be beneficial for the channel to use the youtube embed?

k
Much better video to showcase how cool your hoodies are, @SEOBlogPosts , congrats!

Re adding music, I agree that would be a great finishing touch. Just make sure you don't violate any copyright laws and you'll have a winner!

This is fun to watch your business evolve! :)

Thanks! Looking forward to it evolving into something awesome :) I added a track from the youtube audio library so no worries. It's updating now so should be finished soon.

MI
Back