The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

My First Affiliate Marketing Journey in Fashion.

Impressions and clicks ultimately lead to sales
I recommend that you look for hoodies popular right now
What's trending? What's going to trend?
Have you considered prepping for the Olympics?
Team USA hoodies?
amazon.com/s?k=team+usa+hoodie

Which are the most popular pages on your site?
Focus on improving pages that get the most eyes

No, I had not thought about the Olympics. Thanks. I added some content though yesterday after you mentioned it. I did add a few hoodies after DMX passed away the other day.

Hey, what prevents me from submitting
Code:
https://www.coolesthoodies.com/?s=Team+USA+Hoodies
(for example) When I test the live URL in search console it says it is indexable and it seems to work pretty well for Amazon lol.

To make videos, I suggest android video editor apps, they are mostly free with lots of features. I use FotoPlay, you can also remove the watermark.

I have been using "crazy video maker 2" it was like $10 for the full version without a watermark I think. It works alright but it's kinda slow with long movies.

Code:
(for example) When I test the live URL in search console it says it is indexable and it seems to work pretty well for Amazon lol.

Looks like a dynamic URL, created from an internal search query on your website (product search box)
Maybe @Graybeard can correct if I got that wrong
As I understand, technically if that URL creates a page the content can be crawled, as it can be visits (@Graybeard is that correct?), but I think Google's crawler would need to physically find that exact link - for example when you submitted it to Google Search Console
However Google cannot (or does not, for server space reasons) index dynamic URL's, I think because they are both infinite, and at the same time they don't exist (until you query them)
The best solution is only try to rank static URLs (permanent)
Example dynamic --> www.coolesthoodies.com/?s=USA+Hoodie
Example static --> www.coolesthoodies.com/product/usa-hoodie

I have been trying to figure out the right videos to post to youtube. It seems like the short 10 sec videos do well but the longer ones that fall out of the shorts category don't do as well and only survive off of search visits and not from shorts.

I think I'll post the product videos targeting keywords as the shorts and the longer videos I will save for things like "10 of the Coolest Nature Hoodies" type videos.

The past few days I've been trying to schedule more posts. My wife's family is visiting from Hawai'i where my wife is from on the 24th so 4 extra people in the house are going to take away from my updates so I've been trying to get some ready so I don't have to worry.

I think I'm starting to get lost a little bit. There are so many areas to focus on. I like how youtube is starting to grow but I feel I should have more subscribers, but I could be wrong. lol There are so many "profiles" along with the site to promote, I'm not really sure which one I'm actually promoting or if they are all just one big animal.

I suppose I could be losing a bit of focus with the stress of the family visit. My mind has been so overwhelmed. I think I need to make a list to stay on track.

My focus has been on adding products to the .com, FB, Instagram, and youtube. I am trying to cover general terms and branch out in that term if it lands well with other related hoodies. Say I land well for "green grass hoodies" I'll then go and add three or four "green" related hoodie videos on youtube like "green grass hoodie" "hoodie in green" "3D green hoodie" to occupy as many spots on the page as I can.

It's tricky, I was trying for "coolest hoodies" I ended up getting it with "5 coolest Simpson hoodies" (3rd spot) I kinda thought it might show up for that with the location of "coolest" and "hoodies" having a word in between seems to help sometimes.

I think I'm babbling a bit here lol 1:30 am (son is still awake, refuses to sleep)

I have been trying to figure out the right videos to post to youtube. It seems like the short 10 sec videos do well but the longer ones that fall out of the shorts category don't do as well and only survive off of search visits and not from shorts.

Find 5 popular videos from competitors
Make a combined list of their tactics
Use that format

I think I'll post the product videos targeting keywords as the shorts and the longer videos I will save for things like "10 of the Coolest Nature Hoodies" type videos.

I recommend educating yourself rather than guessing
Channels I subscribe to that regularly posting YouTube optimization techniques

1 --> YouTube Creator Academy
2 --> Ms Gillian Perkins
3 --> Mr Brian Dean
4 --> Mr Miles Beckler
5 --> Tube Buddy
6 --> Mr Neil Patel

The past few days I've been trying to schedule more posts. My wife's family is visiting from Hawai'i where my wife is from on the 24th so 4 extra people in the house are going to take away from my updates so I've been trying to get some ready so I don't have to worry.

How do you rate the quality of your posts vs competitors?
Apart from pleasing your customers, you must be better than your competitors

I think I'm starting to get lost a little bit. There are so many areas to focus on. I like how youtube is starting to grow but I feel I should have more subscribers, but I could be wrong. lol There are so many "profiles" along with the site to promote, I'm not really sure which one I'm actually promoting or if they are all just one big animal.

Make yourself a brew or pop open a beer
Light your pipe, if that's your thing
Get comfortable, this is going to be stressful at first then a great relief
Brainstorm list everything that's on your mind about Coolest Hoodies
When you're done, order your list with most important first
Open Google Calendar
Schedule it

I suppose I could be losing a bit of focus with the stress of the family visit. My mind has been so overwhelmed. I think I need to make a list to stay on track.

You got it bud !!
After you make your list take a visit here --> Google Calendar
Try it

My focus has been on adding products to the .com, FB, Instagram, and youtube. I am trying to cover general terms and branch out in that term if it lands well with other related hoodies. Say I land well for "green grass hoodies" I'll then go and add three or four "green" related hoodie videos on youtube like "green grass hoodie" "hoodie in green" "3D green hoodie" to occupy as many spots on the page as I can.

How much time have you spent optimizing your product pages?
I don't want to be over-critical because you are making alot of progress in very short space of time
But ...
Welcome to your "Product Page Optimization Checklist"
Here's an example from Woocommerce, it's a PDF from years ago
This is a blueprint you build over time for your product pages
Where do you get the information from? Your competitors
If you want to build killer landing pages, head over to Landing Page Guys YouTube channel

And I cannot stress this enough, because it's one of the most important things about nailing this strategy
Dude, I'm gonna go bold increase the font size, but I'm not shouting ok!

Your product pages must provide MORE VALUE to the customer than the page you are linking to

Otherwise 1 of 2 things will happen
1 --> Google will ignore your product page
2 --> Google will rank the product page you are linking to above your page

It's tricky, I was trying for "coolest hoodies" I ended up getting it with "5 coolest Simpson hoodies" (3rd spot) I kinda thought it might show up for that with the location of "coolest" and "hoodies" having a word in between seems to help sometimes.

This is where I recommend that you focus on ONE niche within hoodies
Track your 10 keywords in ONE niche
Also monitor your Google Search Console for increased impressions
You will (all being equal) see a rise in impressions for your ONE niche
This will lead to SERP clicks when your content shows page 1
It can only lead to conversions if you are constantly improving

Just don't quit
I've always said 'quitting is the most popular niche'
If you are or are not getting commission there is always a logical reason

I think I'm babbling a bit here lol 1:30 am (son is still awake, refuses to sleep)

Family always comes 1st
You are blessed with the life and joy of a child

Gonna add something

The whole point of trying to rank on Google is traffic
Traffic obviously comes from customers searching (because of something)
You gotta ask the question "who is buying hoodies in summer?"
The LIVE answer, which is the only answer you should care about, can be found in many places
I like to look in two of them
1 --> Google Trends
2 --> Social Media
This is important because many search volumes are based on HISTORICAL data
That means what I like to call "the trend wave" has already hit the beach
Once that happens, the surfers all find a new wave
But Google Trends and Social Media are what's happening now, or in the past 24-48 hrs
Then let's head over to Google Trends --> trends.google.com/trends/?geo=US
Gonna look up singular and plural and post the list below

"hoodie" trending searches (past 7 days, USA)

1 --> birdhouse hoodie (+1,900%)
2 --> birdhouse (+1,900%)
3 --> bless yourself hoodie (+1,500%)
4 --> lpga hoodie (+600%)
5 --> you matter hoodie (+300%)
6 --> russell athletic hoodie (+300%)
7 --> red sox city connect hoodie (+200%)
8 --> teddy fresh hoodie (+110%)
9 --> teddy fresh (+110%)
10 --> buddha ben hoodie (+90%)
11 --> drew house hoodie (+80%)
12 --> nasa hoodie (+70%)
13 --> color block hoodie (+70%)
14 --> pusheen hoodie (+70%)
15 --> cookies hoodie (+70%)
16 --> lyrical lemonade hoodie (+50%)
17 --> lonely ghost hoodie (+50%)
18 --> demon slayer hoodie (+50%)
19 --> lpga hoodie tie dye (+40%)

If you wanted to be real clever post one of these list on your site (embed from a new landing page)
"Top 10 (or 20) Most Popular Trending Hoodies in America"
Make it a sticky on your homepage
Link to product pages on your site
You don't really need any copy
Link the data in a footer credit back to Google Trends (Googlebot will probably wet its underpants in amazement)

Going a step further post a blog about this each week
You can say WHY each hoodie is trending, that will be interesting for you and your readers
This is where social media comes in
You can search each query on Insta, FB or Twit to see WHAT is driving the trend
Let's do an example, Twitter is my fav for searching trends
We can do "ynw melly hoodies"
Syntax I use is -->
twitter.com/search?q=ynw%20melly%20hoodies&src=typed_query&f=live
Make sure to search for LATEST tweets not TOP as you want to see everything
Well shucks, nothing this YEAR !!
Hold your four-legged stallions, forgot to search the singular
twitter.com/search?q=ynw%20melly%20hoodie&src=typed_query&f=live
Ok, what's all this?
"Now Playing On Carpe Diem Live Radio Tee Grizzley - Young Grizzley World ft. YNW Melly & A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie #seedamoment #musicizworldwide"
It's a song, forget this one!
But yout get the point

Another good place to look for the CAUSE of the trend is Google News -->news.google.com

Anyway, just an idea for you
It gives your customers a reason to subscribe to your outlets
Create a historical list of top 10 lists as an archive
So that your site builds authority
Definitely something to post each week on your social channels (especially your YouTube channel)

(Honeybadger is defo gonna to try this .. one day)

"hoodies" trending searches (past 7 days, USA)

1 --> ynw melly hoodies (+100%)
2 --> matching hoodies for best friends (+100%)
3 --> cheap tna hoodies (+90%)
4 --> lonely ghost (+80%)
5 --> you matter hoodies (+70%)
6 --> hoodies for boys (+40%)
7 --> bomber jacket (+40%)
8 --> when were hoodies invented (+40%)
9 --> harley davidson hoodies (+40%)
10 --> long hoodies for women (+40%)

It's one way to choose EXACTLY which new products to add on your store

Last edited:
This is a prime example why it's good to use Google News to find product trends
You can also save search words and stories there
Highly recommend trying it
Here's your syntax --> news.google.com/search?q=hoodie&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen
Some of your news from the past days
Yahoo! Sports --> Almost 60,000 ratings on Amazon prove why this $11 hoodie is a fashion must-have
Forbes --> How The Greatest Hoodie Ever Made Is Disrupting The Apparel Industry
USA Today --> Michelle Wie West designed an LPGA hoodie that sold out in three hours

I had wondered about that but I think there are lighter (summer weight?) hoodies. Great for sitting around the campfire, camping, outdoor nightlife, outdoor concerts, the cottage, etc. Maybe lighter weight long hoodies for us gals, to go over bathing suits, a cover up.

I don't know for sure that those products are available but I know I've had some hoodies that were lighter weight than others, so maybe. And maybe there's a market for them, if you find some data on it.

(Googlebot will probably wet its underpants in amazement)
:rofl:rofl:rofl

I would concentrate on the video types that get some search traffic. Thinking people will subscribe --en masse --to a video channel --all about hoodies --on YouTube is wishful thinking IMHO. More for your own ego and marketing benefit. How are sales from the videos BTW?
No sales from anything as of yet.
Find 5 popular videos from competitors
Make a combined list of their tactics
Use that format

-Thats a great idea, thank you!

I recommend educating yourself rather than guessing
Channels I subscribe to that regularly posting YouTube optimization techniques

1 --> YouTube Creator Academy
2 --> Ms Gillian Perkins
3 --> Mr Brian Dean
4 --> Mr Miles Beckler
5 --> Tube Buddy
6 --> Mr Neil Patel

-I do watch the Creator Academy, but not nearly as much as I'd like. Brian dean, although I don't think I am subscribed I do watch. The same goes for Patel. I will add and make more time for watching videos.

How do you rate the quality of your posts vs competitors?
-Their product pages, at least the ones I find seem to be about the same besides listing different things like sizes. I believe I could improve by adding each different attribute to each product page.
Apart from pleasing your customers, you must be better than your competitors

Make yourself a brew or pop open a beer
Light your pipe, if that's your thing
Get comfortable, this is going to be stressful at first then a great relief
Brainstorm list everything that's on your mind about Coolest Hoodies
When you're done, order your list with most important first
Open Google Calendar
Schedule it

✔ I will get this done!

You got it bud !!
After you make your list take a visit here --> Google Calendar
Try it

How much time have you spent optimizing your product pages?
I don't want to be over-critical because you are making alot of progress in very short space of time
-Be as critical and upfront as you'd like, go for it. I can take it :D Oh, and thanks btw. I think the project has come a long way in under 2 months.
But ...

Welcome to your "Product Page Optimization Checklist"
Here's an example from Woocommerce, it's a PDF from years ago
This is a blueprint you build over time for your product pages
Where do you get the information from? Your competitors
-Ok, I see in this checklist that I need to focus a bit more on a few points. The biggest being product features such as sizes, brand, basically, any "attributes" that I can list must be listed.

I also need to force myself to be more creative in my descriptions and include at least a paragraph of 4-5 sentences.

Areas in the PDF I need to focus on.

Product Photography

"more than one image provided." If a product has only one image I will create 2 others based on the first image like a zoom into the design.

Copywriting

" At least three descriptive sentences are written about each product" I will be adding at least a 4-5 sentence paragraph per product.

Product Features and Specifications

"Features are listed in short sentences or bullet point form." I will be making a habit of listing the features in a bullet format as well on the product pages.

"Product dimensions/size is listed, or a size chart is available"
I'll be adding a size chart graphic that will link to the product's size chart through a custom affiliate link.

"Country of creation or origin is listed" Listed as a product "attribute"?

Everything else I pretty much touch on or isn't relevant as I'm using affiliate links, or I don't have the plugin ability for things like intelligent product suggestions based on the customer's browsing habits.

Is there any other disclaimer I should have on the product pages? I see some sites say a LOT, some say a little and some say nothing. I have a link at the bottom of the page...
If you want to build killer landing pages, head over to Landing Page Guys YouTube channel
-Thanks, I'll add that to my subscribe list.
And I cannot stress this enough, because it's one of the most important things about nailing this strategy
Dude, I'm gonna go bold increase the font size, but I'm not shouting ok!

Your product pages must provide MORE VALUE to the customer than the page you are linking to

Otherwise 1 of 2 things will happen
1 --> Google will ignore your product page
2 --> Google will rank the product page you are linking to above your page
-"Your product pages must provide MORE VALUE to the customer than the page you are linking to" This sounds like something I need to say in my head every time I start a new product page.

This is where I recommend that you focus on ONE niche within hoodies
Track your 10 keywords in ONE niche
Also monitor your Google Search Console for increased impressions
You will (all being equal) see a rise in impressions for your ONE niche
This will lead to SERP clicks when your content shows page 1
It can only lead to conversions if you are constantly improving
-This would be similar to the process I did for Olympic hoodies.
Just don't quit
I've always said 'quitting is the most popular niche'
If you are or are not getting commission there is always a logical reason
-Nope, sticking to this, I can't leave you guys in suspense! The precious time you've all invested in teaching and helping me deserves to see me see this through to "success".
Family always comes 1st
You are blessed with the life and joy of a child
-There is no better experience in life than to be a parent, no matter how it happens.
Gonna add something

The whole point of trying to rank on Google is traffic
Traffic obviously comes from customers searching (because of something)
The LIVE answer, which is the only answer you should care about, can be found in many places
I like to look in two of them
1 --> Google Trends
2 --> Social Media
This is important because many search volumes are based on HISTORICAL data
That means what I like to call "the trend wave" has already hit the beach
Once that happens, the surfers all find a new wave
But Google Trends and Social Media are what's happening now, or in the past 24-48 hrs
Then let's head over to Google Trends --> trends.google.com/trends/?geo=US
Gonna look up singular and plural and post the list below

"hoodie" trending searches (past 7 days, USA)

1 --> birdhouse hoodie (+1,900%)
2 --> birdhouse (+1,900%)
3 --> bless yourself hoodie (+1,500%)
4 --> lpga hoodie (+600%)
5 --> you matter hoodie (+300%)
6 --> russell athletic hoodie (+300%)
7 --> red sox city connect hoodie (+200%)
8 --> teddy fresh hoodie (+110%)
9 --> teddy fresh (+110%)
10 --> buddha ben hoodie (+90%)
11 --> drew house hoodie (+80%)
12 --> nasa hoodie (+70%)
13 --> color block hoodie (+70%)
14 --> pusheen hoodie (+70%)
15 --> cookies hoodie (+70%)
16 --> lyrical lemonade hoodie (+50%)
17 --> lonely ghost hoodie (+50%)
18 --> demon slayer hoodie (+50%)
19 --> lpga hoodie tie dye (+40%)

If you wanted to be real clever post one of these list on your site (embed from a new landing page)
Link the data in a footer credit back to Google Trends (Googlebot will probably wet its underpants in amazement)

Going a step further post a blog about this each week
You can say WHY each hoodie is trending, that will be interesting for you and your readers
This is where social media comes in
You can search each query on Insta, FB or Twit to see WHAT is driving the trend
Let's do an example, Twitter is my fav for searching trends
We can do "ynw melly hoodies"
Syntax I use is -->
twitter.com/search?q=ynw%20melly%20hoodies&src=typed_query&f=live
Make sure to search for LATEST tweets not TOP as you want to see everything
Well shucks, nothing this YEAR !!
Hold your four-legged stallions, forgot to search the singular
twitter.com/search?q=ynw%20melly%20hoodie&src=typed_query&f=live
Ok, what's all this?
"Now Playing On Carpe Diem Live Radio Tee Grizzley - Young Grizzley World ft. YNW Melly & A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie #seedamoment #musicizworldwide"
It's a song, forget this one!
But yout get the point

Another good place to look for the CAUSE of the trend is Google News -->news.google.com

Anyway, just an idea for you
-Awesome Ideas, Thank you :)
It gives your customers a reason to subscribe to your outlets
Create a historical list of top 10 lists as an archive
So that your site builds authority
Definitely something to post each week on your social channels (especially your YouTube channel)

(Honeybadger is defo gonna to try this .. one day)

"hoodies" trending searches (past 7 days, USA)

1 --> ynw melly hoodies (+100%)
2 --> matching hoodies for best friends (+100%)
3 --> cheap tna hoodies (+90%)
4 --> lonely ghost (+80%)
5 --> you matter hoodies (+70%)
6 --> hoodies for boys (+40%)
7 --> bomber jacket (+40%)
8 --> when were hoodies invented (+40%)
9 --> harley davidson hoodies (+40%)
10 --> long hoodies for women (+40%)

It's one way to choose EXACTLY which new products to add on your store
-I like the archive idea I'll have to do that.
This is a prime example why it's good to use Google News to find product trends
You can also save search words and stories there
Highly recommend trying it
Here's your syntax --> news.google.com/search?q=hoodie&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen
Some of your news from the past days
Yahoo! Sports --> Almost 60,000 ratings on Amazon prove why this $11 hoodie is a fashion must-have
Forbes --> How The Greatest Hoodie Ever Made Is Disrupting The Apparel Industry
USA Today --> Michelle Wie West designed an LPGA hoodie that sold out in three hours
-Thank you
I had wondered about that but I think there are lighter (summer weight?) hoodies. Great for sitting around the campfire, camping, outdoor nightlife, outdoor concerts, the cottage, etc. Maybe lighter weight long hoodies for us gals, to go over bathing suits, a cover up.

I don't know for sure that those products are available but I know I've had some hoodies that were lighter weight than others, so maybe. And maybe there's a market for them, if you find some data on it.

:rofl:rofl:rofl
-I personally wear a hoodie all year except for the hot days.

Is there any other disclaimer I should have on the product pages?
Disclaimer about what?
You should have footer privacy, terms, cookies
I don't think you need anything extra in the actual product pages
Unless the product is dangerous, like a plastic hoodie someone could choke on
Even then you are not the seller and there's no contract between you and the customer

Something like this? Top 10 Most Popular Trending Hoodies in America -

Very impressive
It's good what you have done with the links going to product page
I did not know you could embed Google Trends data
Mobile friendly too, responsive
Suggest that you add the date
Also, when you update the page also update the WP publish date
This will give Google 2 places to see it
Plain text and meta "date" tags
Google likes recently published information
Benefits users

You're on a roll now !!

Well, I learned something from your new page, @SEOBlogPosts . I did not know that hoodies with fur lining existed! As someone who feels cold easily, I love that, hope they make those for women.

Are you planning on offering full zip hoodies, too?

no
~/?s=USA+Hoodie -> 301 -> ~/product/usa-hoodie
psudo-code server values will vary
When there is no page then end URL is the alias
301 or 302 is a redirect (noun) rewrite is the verb (sorta)
They both send a similar header
there is no physical folder
google knows this by now

a URL is either a server path, or;
a 'decoration' -> a pretty URL (a rewrite)
URL uniform resource locator
Clean URL - Wikipedia

s='value' looks like s[earch]=
I would have to see the code
that from an auto-suggest jQuery plugin?

you can make physical paths and actual pages

WordPress makes many rewrites
If you are using Apache2 and WordPress read the .htaccess file and you will see all the rewrites

what do if you have 10,000 products --Make 10,000 pages manually ?:D
you may make a directory structure for all the images mainly (if you host them) ../item-type/img/ but that is for your own categorization and editing.

If you are using windows the default open file limit is 512

:~/temporary$ cat /proc/sys/fs/file-max
1,215,442 LINUX open file limit :eek:

Too many images will crash FTP in windows

Googlebot doesn't care if there is a physical path with a folder
for the above stated reasons

What’s the normal temperature where you are? Here it’s like -4 degrees Celsius
At the moment, 10:30 a.m. it's 2 degree Celsius, going to a high of 10. A few days ago, we had snow. A few days before that it was 26C,

Been a crazy year, weather-wise.

Winters are minus temps, with extremes sometimes (not this year) of -25, rarely goes to -40, thankfully. I hate the cold.

Code:
is WordPress making a 'permalink'?
try using that
you are submitting a search query and that is not allowed EXCEPT when the input comes from YOUR site --for security reasons in the POST (most likely) that's standard security to prevent cross site injections.

Well, I learned something from your new page, @SEOBlogPosts . I did not know that hoodies with fur lining existed! As someone who feels cold easily, I love that, hope they make those for women.

Are you planning on offering full zip hoodies, too?
I used to have a heavy hoodie with fur inside I loved it. I do have a section for zip-up hoodies. Zip-up Hoodies Collection | CoolestHoodies.com or do you mean zip-ups with fur?

banners
Back