The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

LIVE: First POF Campaign (2nd actually; I'll explain)

DennisKnows

Get your fix Ninja!
This is my 2nd case study on CPAFix.

My first POF campaigns were about 2 months ago when I was jumping around from offer to offer trying to find out what worked. They all failed miserably.. After spending 50 bucks, i decided to leave POF alone and then I found out that you can run dating offers on POF.

Is it me or is that a conflict of interest? That would be like K advertising a competing CPA forum on this one. LOL...

Oh well.. Not my site.. Not my problem..

Anyways, I found a good dating offer on Maxbounty that pays when someone signs up to their service.

I setup 8 different ads targeting only women of certain age groups from 4 different nationalities.

After a few hours, I found that one specific nationality was keeping my CTR between 0.1% & 0.2% so I decided to cancel out 3 of the 4 nationalities and focus on the one for now.

Im running my campaign at $0.20 per CPM

DAY ONE

Day one, I spent more than needed because I didn't set my targeting correct.

I spent $4.21 on 21584 impressions and got 15 clicks with a 0.069% CTR at $0.28 CPC

I got 2 leads earning me $6.50 at $0.59 EPC on 11 clicks (according to Maxbounty)..

Total profit of $2.29

DAY TWO

After deleting some nationalities and changing a few of my ads, I saw a bit more success.

I spent $2.21 on 11153 impressions and got only 8 clicks with a overall CTR of 0.072% at $0.27 CPC

Maxbounty has me at 16 clicks (not 8) with 3 leads earning me $9.75 at $0.61 EPC.

Total profit of $7.54.

I'm pretty excited about this campaign because I can see it's going to pay off.

What do you suggest I do to make this campaign more profitable?

As I stated earlier, I'm at $0.20 per CPM. How do I know when to raise this and/or lower it?

I actually have an ad performing at 0.314% CTR right now so I will duplicate that one in the morning after I see how they all performed.

Any advise is greatly appreciated. Will update soon

Thanks guys!

Pretty unheard of to make profits so quick and early on POF - amazing man well done!

You now need to get some volume to the offer and spin in 10-20 ads

after a few days testing see which ads get the most clicks - also try and set up some tracking so you can see which creatives are creating

also test different copy!

Good luck this could be great man!

Very nice results so far. You may want to try increasing your bid to see how that effects your traffic. Typically the higher you bid the better quality traffic you are getting because you are getting display before others. So, if I'm advertising to a similar demo they may click my ad first, check out what I have to offer, and then come back to POF. They may click your ad next, but already have lost interest because I've already hit them up with something similar. This is especially true with dating campaigns.

You're profiting nicely and have a great CTR, time to see what you can do to scale and the first I'd suggest is increasing bid :) Also, are you targeting different login ranges?

Thanks K. I actually have tracking setup with P202.. Gonna ad some more creatives and once I can get some good numbers, I'm going to scale to other nationalities..

@Luke
No haven't tapped into login ranges just yet...

That's based on how much time they spend on the site right?

Is it best to go after people who spend a good about of time surfing the site or those that are bam boom, in and out?

Logically thinking, I'm guessing those that spend more time because if you can create some eye catching creatives, you can catch their attention as their surfing vs someone that knows just what they want to do, get it done and their gone..

Thanks..

Thanks K. I actually have tracking setup with P202.. Gonna ad some more creatives and once I can get some good numbers, I'm going to scale to other nationalities..

@Luke
No haven't tapped into login ranges just yet...

That's based on how much time they spend on the site right?

Is it best to go after people who spend a good about of time surfing the site or those that are bam boom, in and out?

Logically thinking, I'm guessing those that spend more time because if you can create some eye catching creatives, you can catch their attention as their surfing vs someone that knows just what they want to do, get it done and their gone..

Thanks..

Yes, the login counts are the amount of times the user has logged in. I've read that the lower login counts (1-100) convert better, but obviously you're limiting your volume there (20% of the userbase?). I suggest setting up 2 campaigns.
Login Count 1-100
Login Count 100+

Might be worth a try :)

DAY THREE

Profits took a back seat on day three. I deleted non performing ads and added some more pictures.

Only had 1 conversion with an EPC of 0.20 and a CPC of 0.27. If you use EXCEL, can you please tell me the formula for ROI?

Here is a pic of my excel sheet...
stats.png

As of right now, I've grown tired of creating images in Photoshop so thanks to Luke and his article on POF, I'm joining up with CTR Crazy and give them a try.

Day 4 is going to be nice I think because right after putting my stats in for day 3, I got a conversion early in the morning.. Wish me luck

Going to create a bunch of different ads and also scale my offer to other nationalities.. and later to men.

Yes, the login counts are the amount of times the user has logged in. I've read that the lower login counts (1-100) convert better, but obviously you're limiting your volume there (20% of the userbase?). I suggest setting up 2 campaigns.
Login Count 1-100
Login Count 100+

Might be worth a try :)

Before reading this, I copied my campaign.. I'm going to scale it to another nationality and then switch over to men and see what happens..

I've grown tired of creating images in photoshop.. LOL.. I"m headed to your post now to setup CTRCrazy account.. LOL...

That was one of their selling points too...

Here's a good article on how to calculate the ROI -> How to Calculate a Return on an Investment in Excel | eHow.com .

Your loss wasn't THAT high, so no need for worries ;) Good Luck

EDIT: "Calculate your ROI by dividing the profit by the investment amount. Type this formula in the "ROI" column (cell D2) to do the calculation automatically: "=C1/B1" minus the quotes." And then don't forget to put percentage and remove the 0's.

Here's a good article on how to calculate the ROI -> How to Calculate a Return on an Investment in Excel | eHow.com .

Your loss wasn't THAT high, so no need for worries ;) Good Luck

EDIT: "Calculate your ROI by dividing the profit by the investment amount. Type this formula in the "ROI" column (cell D2) to do the calculation automatically: "=C1/B1" minus the quotes." And then don't forget to put percentage and remove the 0's.

Hey thanks Dave.. I just plugged it in and I'm at 273%+ ROI.. Numbers looking good. I noticed that a lot of affiliates running dating offers are doing so with landing pages. I'm going to try a landing page for another nationality and see how that works...

DAY FOUR

So far I'm staying steady. Dished out only $2.42 and made $6.50 getting 5 clicks at $0.48 CPC & earning at $1.30 EPC for a small profit of 4 bucks.

I'm at 237% ROI right now... :cool:

In the process of creating a landing page directed at different nationalities and groups. I've got a good feeling about this. Not focused on volume right now as I want to throw these landing pages up first and see if they raise my CR. If so, I'm sending as much traffic as computerly (I know it's not a word.. LOL) possible to my offers.

I'll keep you posted..

This is awesome man your doing great.....keep at it, keep testing - have your split tested your copy yet?

Take a look at my JuciyAds case study it may help you get some ideas about a lander - also contact me if you want one doing cheap!

Keep going :)

This is awesome man your doing great.....keep at it, keep testing - have your split tested your copy yet?

Take a look at my JuciyAds case study it may help you get some ideas about a lander - also contact me if you want one doing cheap!

Keep going :)

Thanks.. That JuicyAds case study is really nice.. Gonna read a bit more in depth later.

I just bought this Pro affiliate theme for wordpress that makes setting up K.I.S.S. (IMO) sales and landing pages easy. So far (minus a few minor bugs), i'm loving it. I just finished setting up 3 landing pages for my dating offers on POF and a pet insurance offer I'm running.

I want to know what program can be used to make GIF banners like the one on the homepage for Swag Leads? That thing is NICE!! :cool:

and yes I'm testing Ad copy.. I'm mostly changing the TITLE.. Do you recommend changing the title also?

Why not everything can be improved right? just record your results - stats today?

Stats are probably gonna be not so good today... I changed my ads and POF didn't like my ads.. LOl.. But all I changed was the links.. I get the feeling if they dont like one image, they don't approve anything under that image. I've contacted my advertising manager tho.. See if we can get to the bottom of this.

I'll post some stats a bit later.

And I meant change the description above. Not title. I always test titles.. See what gets the most attention..

Dont alter what you had to much, it was working so don't brake it :) - just change the odd thing and scale up!

Just wanted to finish up this Campaign.. I've been crazy busy getting things together..

This was an overall successful campaign..

I spent $28.57, earned $45.50 giving a profit of $16.93 and a ROI of 159.26%

I ran out of money which was why I stopped the campaign but will definitely be throwing my eggs back in this basket..

I learned that I shouldn't switch up offers so much..

In the middle of this offer, I added another demographic instead of scaling the demographic I was making money with.

Next time, I'm going to work on one demographic at a time..

Hey thanks Dave.. I just plugged it in and I'm at 273%+ ROI.. Numbers looking good. I noticed that a lot of affiliates running dating offers are doing so with landing pages. I'm going to try a landing page for another nationality and see how that works...

DAY FOUR

So far I'm staying steady. Dished out only $2.42 and made $6.50 getting 5 clicks at $0.48 CPC & earning at $1.30 EPC for a small profit of 4 bucks.

I'm at 237% ROI right now... :cool:

In the process of creating a landing page directed at different nationalities and groups. I've got a good feeling about this. Not focused on volume right now as I want to throw these landing pages up first and see if they raise my CR. If so, I'm sending as much traffic as computerly (I know it's not a word.. LOL) possible to my offers.

I'll keep you posted..

Hi.. Mr.Dennis, i'm still newbie on CPA, can u teach me how to start it? where can i find some free Banner & Landing Page ? Or maybe buy with cheap price ? thanks !

Any further moves with this man?
This could have been quite profitable i feel if you collected more data!

MI
Back