The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Links and such!

rtfguy

affiliate
I have a web site promoting and selling other peoples products. But I see a flaw in the way things are done here. Here's an example. People come to my web site and click on a product they want to buy. The link for this product takes them to the original web site, and leaves my web site. Here the person buying the product from my web site, now sees that he/she no longer has to go to my web site to buy this product, but buys it from where my web site just took them to. Kind of defeating don't you think? Is there a way to where, the people stay at my site, and JUST the purchasing information and all moneys are sent to the original web site?

Hey,
Useally theres a 'web cookie' that automatically gets inserted in the user's browser when he clicks owayhe link on your website, that way even if he goes to the product's site later, you'll get the commission.

Hey rtfguy,
My thought is maybe create your own product so your visitor never has to leave your site. When you do affiliate marketing you are always for the most part sending them to another LP or another website. If you start to create your own product you will never have to worry about links, cookies etc.

Hey,
Useally theres a 'web cookie' that automatically gets inserted in the user's browser when he clicks owayhe link on your website, that way even if he goes to the product's site later, you'll get the commission.
You've missed my point altogether!

Hey rtfguy,
My thought is maybe create your own product so your visitor never has to leave your site. When you do affiliate marketing you are always for the most part sending them to another LP or another website. If you start to create your own product you will never have to worry about links, cookies etc.
Thanks Mrearn... that's on the way with shrimp sauces!

when you sign up with the site your trying to sell's products to be an affiliate you get a affiliate link that links you to the sale for each product. unless i'm misunderstanding your issue.

I have a web site promoting and selling other peoples products. But I see a flaw in the way things are done here. Here's an example. People come to my web site and click on a product they want to buy. The link for this product takes them to the original web site, and leaves my web site. Here the person buying the product from my web site, now sees that he/she no longer has to go to my web site to buy this product, but buys it from where my web site just took them to. Kind of defeating don't you think? Is there a way to where, the people stay at my site, and JUST the purchasing information and all moneys are sent to the original web site?

1. Are you selling products for Amazon or eBay? If so, you will have code inserted on your site(s) that give you protection for a predetermined period. Amazon used to be 30 days, but changed that to 24 hours in 2012. I think it's still 30 days on eBay.

2. Often you can negotiate the cookies valid period with smaller vendors if your sending a lot of traffic that is converting.

3. Pretty much all affiliate sales have some type of cookie protection for those sending traffic to offers. Given you already have a site built for affiliate sales, I am surprised you haven't determined what your protection period is. This is always disclosed in affiliate agreements.

MI
Back