The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Seeking Help Affiliate Links

SueB2107

affiliate
Hi Guys,

I am new to affiliate marketing and have signed up with a few companies to promote their courses.

I recently discovered that Facebook does not allow affiliate marketing links in ads. We can have a blog and put our affiliate links on that, then promote our actual blog. But the platform doesn't like us using links in a post that will take the viewer away from their platform, which means they will show the post with the link in it to less viewers.

So how do we in that case use our affiliate links if we don't have a blog or landing page?

I recently discovered that Facebook does not allow affiliate marketing links in ads. We can have a blog and put our affiliate links on that, then promote our actual blog.
issue 1
But the platform doesn't like us using links in a post that will take the viewer away from their platform, which means they will show the post with the link in it to less viewers.
issue 2
I recently discovered that Facebook does not allow affiliate marketing links in Paid Facebook ads.
TRUE: *that is referred to as direct linking.
We can have a blog and put our affiliate links on that, then promote our actual blog.
TRUE: *that is referred to as bridge page or pre-lander on your own server and domain.

But the platform doesn't like us using links in a post that will take the viewer away from their platform
1. that is post *spamming* from Facebook's POV (point of view).
2. you are just trying to use their traffic for your own commercial purpose for free <<<Facebook's POV.
I am playing devils advocate here and should point out Facebook's own self righteous and hypocritical behavior of using pixel tracking beacons <<<issue 3 :D

So, Facebook can pee in the pool but you can't.
Deal with it I guess --or choose to spend your time and ad money elsewhere.

Thank you for responding. I don't see how FB can say we're using their traffic for commercial purposes when we have to pay for ads. Anway, I guess I will have to try other platforms to advertise on! If I knew it was all going to be so difficult I don't think I would have ventured into affiliate marketing. :(

All social platforms have restrictions, some more serious than others. For example, most social platforms seriously restrict anything that has to do with promoting guns, ammunition, or even a website that teaches how to make an explosive device. However, while they also may say direct linking to an affiliate offer is off limits, they do permit links from ads to an FB Page you have created on a subject and then that page linking to a website that is promoting something like an affiliate product/service/offer. There are restrictions here also, but mostly about using a website and not a traditional cheap and obvious landing page.

Landers these days are better served by being linked to from a content site. Content sites, when done correctly, are almost always acceptable to social channels.

But the platform doesn't like us using links in a post that will take the viewer away from their platform,
Classic Tv Nostalgia GIF by Sony Pictures Television

posts are not ads

MI
Back