The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Learning Zeropark Pop Sources - The AffiliateFix Follow Along Contest

Results so far...

ScreenHunter 116.png

I have tweaked on the backend the sources that are losing majorly. These are Source #2, #4, and #5. Let's see if we get improvement tomorrow. Source #1 is still consistently profitable so I am not touching it at the moment. Source #3 is also in slight profit.

Sorry @wes888 for the intrusion, this question is not for you but for @Graybeard as I need to learn how to read these results...
You need to bot test your traffic.
$count_hits_in-$traps=$count_out

scale=5
49/2124 =.02306
4/762 =.00524
6/850 =.00705

12/498 =.02409

That's a very wide variance
Graybeard, I see what you are doing but I don't get the point... There is indeed a big difference in the conversion ratios (visits over conversions) between the profitable and non profitable traffic sources... Is this a pointer of suspicious traffic? Meaning you suspect there could be bot traffic? So there could be bots causing the conversions? (=bad traffic sent to the offer)
So my next noob question would be: how to bot test the traffic? If I am right Wes is direct linking...
(I'm just prepping myself here as I should have something running soon and this is certainly also applicable to me)

My latest stats:

ScreenHunter 118.png

Nothing much to report. Source #1 and #3 continue to be the winners. I don't know the reason today was pretty slow day for the two profitable sources. Just slight profit for the day. I continue to tweak the losing sources on the backend hoping to turn them around.

For the meantime, I have launched two new source campaigns. I will report again tomorrow.

Here is my latest stats

ScreenHunter 119.png

I did some tweaking to all campaigns including Source #1 which produced quite nice results for the day. Source #1 continued its winning ways. I can say it is on fire today.;) Source #1 and Source #3 continue to be winners. The other campaigns have been slow except for Source #4 which is showing some sign of life. Let's see if we can turn this campaign around.

I have launched two new source campaigns. This is for tomorrow's update.

Latest Stats:

ScreenHunter 120.png

One of the new source that I launched contributed to most of the losses today. This is Source#9. This source has a lot of traffic. I initially set a higher bid but I eventually lowered it to stem the losses. Source #1 continued to be my bread and butter among all these sources. I will refocus my efforts on my current sources and try to make them profitable.

So my next noob question would be: how to bot test the traffic?
a: some bots cannot be redirected with a javascript and most bots IP's do not resolve to a hostname.
Code:
.com/public_html/usa$ host 45.155.205.108
Host 108.205.155.45.in-addr.arpa. not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
host 50.31.21.9 
9.21.31.50.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer ip9.50-31-21.static.steadfastdns.net.
50.31.21.9 - - [18/Mar/2021:00:44:19 +0000] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 444 0 "-" "-" 
50.31.21.9 - - [18/Mar/2021:00:44:19 +0000] "GET / HTTP/1.0"
Most real people browsers are HTTP/2.0 now --> HTTP/1.0 is DEFINITELY a bot or program

Cloud Hosting, Dedicated Server, and Colocation Services ...
https://www.steadfast.net
Steadfast is passionate about building the solutions
Yeah, that one is a datacenter.
enough off topic, apologies Wes.

This might sound like newbie question, but I'm pre newbie when it comes to ads
Do you need to speak/understand Russian language if you are targeting Russian Federation users?
I would say it depends on the offer pages... Always align your ads (and prelanders) to the offer pages...
I try to stay consistent in the whole funnel so only if your offer page is in Russian, ad creative and prelander (if any) also in Russian...

This might sound like newbie question, but I'm pre newbie when it comes to ads
Do you need to speak/understand Russian language if you are targeting Russian Federation users?
I would say it depends on the offer pages... Always align your ads (and prelanders) to the offer pages...
I try to stay consistent in the whole funnel so only if your offer page is in Russian, ad creative and prelander (if any) also in Russian...
I second this, an AM suggested me some Chinese offers in Hong Kong... I asked him the very same question (suspecting I knew the answer, sometimes we just need confirmation of something logical)... His answer also was: get your creatives in the offer language (these offers also had Chinese landers available).

You don't need to but you would need to have a very good translator, preferably native speaker, create all your text. Somebody good you can trust, so you don't find out later that they wrote something silly and reads like G Translate, :D

Also, your images should match the culture, or at least not offend it.

Thanks Greybeard

I have to refocus on my main campaigns so I have to stop this follow along. Otherwise I think it was a good learning experience. I have used Zeropark pop traffic a long time ago so this follow along was a refresher to Zeropark's individual sources.

Key takeaways
1) Zeropark traffic converts, you just need to test different targeting, bid levels, etc.

2) Use low payout offers to test new or unknown sources, this way you won't burn a hole in your pocket. You also get data faster than working with higher payout offers.

3) Based on the data above, we can surmise that Source #1 is the best among the sources I tested. So in the future, if I plan to test other higher payout offers, I definitely should start with Source #1.

This follow along contest is a good way to learn new things. I hope TJ can continue to sponsor this type of contest as it is good for the community as everyone learns something from these follow alongs.

I have been using Zeropark for a few years now and all I can say is that there traffic converts. There are some sources that are not so good and with Pop traffic, some sources may send bot traffic or fraud traffic but I guess that is part of the game of this CPA affiliate marketing we are in. We have to live with it and learn how to identify these bad sources.

Are you running on Tier 1 geo like the US as your CPC cost is very high. We can't say outright say if a source is sending bot or fraud traffic if you just received 50 impressions. Maybe it is just an anomaly or some happy clickers clicking on your ad 100x more lol. But who knows. Have you tested other GEO with the same source? Maybe go for cheaper Tier 3 GEO so you won't burn your money fast and see if the pattern persists before we go to conclusions.

banners
Back