The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Lead trackers - are they good or not?

Hi, I have been surfing the web and came across an article about lead trackers. These are the tools that enables you to put a script on your website and collect information about the leads who has visited your website. This information includes e-mail, contact details, like LinkedIn, Facebook etc.

I guess it might be helpful for lead generation.

Have you ever tried to work with them? Is it really useful for affiliate marketing?
Thank you.

collect information about the leads who has visited your website

Any lead tracker I have used, like Zendesk, SalesGenie, or Freshworks, require an optin or a manual placement of data for lead tracking. Any script would likely be using these methods so as to create an optin.

For affiliate marketing in general, I don't see them as a source of actionable information without an optin of some type.

That data should be logged and dated by the submit on your server. Backend-database function of all scripts ...
That said, just what is your context of the word "lead"?

Unless, you can post via an API to a third party, the only data available to you would be the visitor public data.
If the lead is for your own business (or mailing, sms or push list); then your data is first party and you get the permissions with the submittal or request.

banners
Back