The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Is setting up a VPS a complex thing?

Hey guys,

I have bought a vps on digital ocean and i've never supposed it's gonna be that difficult to upload there my landing pages and get started. I've spent last 4 hours setting up all the ssh accounts in terminal, sudo - downloading and playing around with ajenti and I'm feeling like im going the hard way and there is some easier way to get things started.

I used to buy www hosting in a specific region and just upload my stuff via ftp and that's it.

Am I missing something? How do you guys do that? I've never meet anyone before struggling with vps setup.

I'm using vpssim to setup my vps. just deploy vps with centOS then login into ssh & type:
yum -y install wget && wget htt_p_s://vpssim.com/install && chmod +x install && ./install (remove _ after htt and p)

the script install nginx+php+madiadb in one go. to add/remove website/database and more, just type: "vpssim" under root access. to upload my files, I'm using filezilla with port 22. Only takes 5-10min to setup VPS
fast and easy

Attachments

• Screenshot_46.png
    Screenshot_46.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_47.png
    Screenshot_47.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Are you using ubuntu? CentOS?

The setup will vary slightly depending on what distribution you are using. I would take the time to learn how to work with the core of the system rather than installing a software package to do everything for you. This means learning the commands and learning how to install software.

If your site is just html, css, and javascript all you need is the apache web server which is easily downloaded via the command line. Apache creates a default directory where you store all of your web documents.

Working on your site can be done on your local computer and files can be copied to the server via WinSCP (or a mac equivalent). This program interfaces with the SSH server. You seem to already have this running.

Things get a little more complicated if you're working with wordpress but not too much. Digital Ocean has a lot of online resources available that you can follow to get a working system. I've used them for a while.

Check out these resources:

Simple Cloud Infrastructure for Developers | DigitalOcean

How To Launch Your Site on a New Ubuntu 14.04 Server with LAMP, SFTP, and DNS | DigitalOcean

Cloud hosting set up on digital ocean and cloud ways can be little difficult depending on your OS. If you find it difficult to set it up, open a support ticket and ask for help.

MI
Back