The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Have you used SMS marketing and Email marketing before ? Which is the best?

These are two very different platforms and do not have comparable features.

Both have benefits and both can be productive.

I do an abundance of email marketing. I generally send 12 times a month to each of my lists. My lists range from 125k to over 500k.

SMS is attached to my content sites as an opt-in option.

SMS marketing is often seen as more personal and intimate because it feels like you’re sending a text message to someone rather than an email. This can be an advantage if you want to create a sense of urgency or intimacy with your customers. However, SMS messages are also limited to 160 characters, so you need to be concise with your message.

Email marketing is less personal than SMS marketing but doesn’t have the same character limit. This means you can include more information in your emails, such as links to your website or product images. Email marketing is also less intrusive than SMS marketing, so your customers are more likely to read your emails.

So, which is the best option for your business? It depends on your goals and what you want to achieve with your marketing campaign. If you want to create a sense of urgency or intimacy with your customers, then SMS marketing might be the better option. If you want to include more information in your marketing message, then email marketing might be the better choice.

SMS is attached to my content sites as an opt-in option
If people want, and ask for, SMS messages they are likely to read them. But I think segmentation to the viewer's relevance matters a lot.

SMS and email used as a marketing ploy becomes a nuisance fast unless it's relevant to the viewer's interests --and not you just hyping your latest offer. Do that and you will end up in the spam box and your email reputation will suffer (Gmail, Outlook, etc.).

segmentation to the viewer's relevance matters a lot.

Absolutely! It is critical IMO.

SMS and email used as a marketing ploy becomes a nuisance fast unless it's relevant to the viewer's interests --and not you just hyping your latest offer. Do that and you will end up in the spam box and your email reputation will suffer (Gmail, Outlook, etc.).

Yes, I 100% agree.

MI
Back