The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How big of a budget to start running paid ads?

Aiden L

Realistically how much money do you need to start running paid ads? Im currently in the weight loss niche but was trying to get conversions through setting up my own Facebook group and listing the offers in there, while providing quality weight loss tips.

A $2,000 bankroll is often cited.
You will probably waste the first $1000 learning and testing.
Weight loss products are a huge market but there is much competition.

The thing with paid advertising or media buying is collecting and analyzing data.
You can spend $100 a month if you choose but it will take ages before you have enough data to accurately make good choices.
In my opinion, it's much better to get data quickly, then you can scale to make a profit.
I would suggest a bare minimum of $30 a day but more realistically you need $1500 a month.

A $2,000 bankroll is often cited.
You will probably waste the first $1000 learning and testing.
Weight loss products are a huge market but there is much competition.
Are generators viable in 2020, like with the content lockers, because my brother gave me 8 Templates, for things like fortnite, clash of clans, apex legends etc.

The thing with paid advertising or media buying is collecting and analyzing data.
You can spend $100 a month if you choose but it will take ages before you have enough data to accurately make good choices.
In my opinion, it's much better to get data quickly, then you can scale to make a profit.
I would suggest a bare minimum of $30 a day but more realistically you need $1500 a month.
So if I chose a less competitive niche would the price of adds decrease? For example advertising generators for fortnite, clash of clans etc and putting cpa offers on said generator.

Content lockers work pretty well in the gaming niche, although I'm not sure if that would work on facebook. I would think it's probably against their terms, I don't know, don't use facebook.
Maybe Instagram or tiktok might be better based on the age demographic.
The thing is with affiliate marketing you either spend money or time, which ever is less valuable to you.
You can make money on insta with content lockers without spending much money, but, it will take a lot of time.

Content lockers work pretty well in the gaming niche, although I'm not sure if that would work on facebook. I would think it's probably against their terms, I don't know, don't use facebook.
Maybe Instagram or tiktok might be better based on the age demographic.
The thing is with affiliate marketing you either spend money or time, which ever is less valuable to you.
You can make money on insta with content lockers without spending much money, but, it will take a lot of time.
Thanks for the information I might look into tiktok, on my cousins phone all I see is fortnite content which may be the traffic I need.

I have stayed way from 'micro-sales'
But a more narrow niche is a two-sided sword; if you get it right you will make bank --get it wrong and the niche will fail badly.
Gaming is a broad niche with more credibility than weight loss --IMHO

I have stayed way from 'micro-sales'
But a more narrow niche is a two-sided sword; if you get it right you will make bank --get it wrong and the niche will fail badly.
Gaming is a broad niche with more credibility than weight loss --IMHO
Thanks for the info, im going to give the keto diet about another month and see if I make anything, then if not i'll move onto content locking generators etc and use tiktok for traffic. Can't really afford $1500 to spend on ads and my plan was whatever I make off this campaign was going to be used to fund the next one. I am trying to promote supplements for Keto called forskolin, then when they sign up for the free trial i get $28

I really can't comment --give medical advice.
All I will say is that people with cardiovascular issues should get their physician's approval.

MI
Back