The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Get off the DIME! How to Get Started in Affiliate Marketing

Taking action is very important, reading as much information you can let your hands on could be good, may get you confused so always good to get the fundamentals taken care of then jump in and take action. You just have to act but act slowly and act on what you have read.

I agree with Joseph .... Staying focused is so very important. I was always on the look out for the next best money making opportunity in my early days and ultimately was easy prey for all the hype being peddled.

My advice: Find your niche, research the best way to promote and stick with it.

I really love! the information on this site .this is better than any Ebook you could ever purchase, and its all FREE. thanks guys for giving tips on how to do this stuff .

Firstly, I fully agree with everyone who says to choose and stick with a niche you are passionate about. This is crucial.
Secondly, I'd like to add: Let someone (like me) do a lot of the work for you. There are so many good ways to outsource or automate a lot of the more tedious things (like link-building) for cheap or free.

Hey, thanks for the sharing- I have read so many of these lately - and it's still nice to see that there are new ideas in this.

Salamei
Yes I do agree, Im a newbie and Ive been on this site for a while now and im learning alot and i must say it has been frustrating and tedious but im enjoying it and im keeping my head up high!!

linda, I do agree with you there is no right or wrong way to do affiliate marketing . My advice to newbies is find a mentor, many times you can find one by hanging out at affiliate marketing and internet marketing forums. Read and absorb as much information as you can.

Many times there are successful affiliate marketers who are offereing free material to beginners. Rember many of these people are already successful so there infomation is useful. Mybe you will have to sign up for there newsletter to get there free info but that is not always a bad thing there has been some very good information given away by succesful internet marketers from e-mail lists.

tim fleagle

I think the right way to get started is to plunge in head first and learn from any mistakes! They truly are the best (and most painful) way to learn ;-)

Thanks for sharing such awesome info. I have heard a lot of successful people in many different niche state that when starting out "don't try to get it perfect just get it going going" I think that as newbies we all think we have to know everything before we get started,we analyze so much that we end up not doing anything.

Thanks! This is a great resource for those getting started!

The biggest challenge in this business is getting started. There is so much information out there, that so many people give up. They think they need to learn everything before they get a site up and running. But it is really the exact opposite!

Get your site up and running, learn some basic web design, and affiliate marketing basics and they perfect them. That's how I see it anyway.

Thanks again for posting such a great resource!

Hello to everyone in this thread!

I agree with Joseph Ratliff. The most common anchor that I see bringing newbies down is that they ( and I as well as most other veterans were also guilty of this) got all caught up in too many things.

Spreading yourself thin in this business is just not going to do you any good at all. As Joseph says, pick a path, stay focused and you will see results!

A little later I'll leave, what I hope, will be a bit of useful information for some of you.

I will look forward to reading up on all of your posts & helping you when & where I can!

Until then,

To Your Online Success!

Michael
"The Quantum Leaper"...:cool:

I'm a big advocate of not sitting still. I get bored if I sit around too long and so my advice to you would be just do SOMETHING.

If you have an idea, test it. If it works, build it up. If it doesn't, change and test again. Keep moving with it. As many people have said, it's so easy to give up and sit back when things don't work out.

Also, a piece of advice: Make sure you don't rely on the money coming in (if any yet). From someone who knows, the moment you do that, you'll take the excitement and fun out of it and the pressure to fulfil your needs will be unbearable.

Enjoy yourself and just get going.

Sorry to be a Grinch but the standard rhetoric of "just jump in and do something" is trite and doesn't give proper respect to those who labor so diligently to be successful.

My advice, look before you leap. There's a reason that 97% (my number) of affiliates never make a sustainable income in this industry. It's hard and takes a ton of work over the course of years. Let's not sugar coat things and pretend that all affiliates can make money. Bottom line: you may not have the character and/or personality to succeed in this industry.

This is one reason I personally vet all applicants into our program and decline 60% of them. Do I miss a diamond in the rough on occasion? Maybe. But before I invest the time to cultivate a relationship I check to see that the soil has the potential to produce a harvest.

Start with a gut check before building that first website. If self-discipline and self-confidence are not strong suits for you, move on.

Okay first of all, i have come here to learn affiliate marketing. Secondly, i'm not here to market my signature links :D I hope i get and learn each and everything so that i can earn in 6 figures :cool:

Yes, we all do this our own way but when i started, they told me not to promote anything i didn't purchase myself and believe in. So i got my first ebook and it held a WEALTH of information. I also signed up on EVERYONE elses list and got all the auto respond emails. Alot of it is the same things but once in a while i got some really good stuff. I bought some books, some websites and other stuff and am much more knowledgable since doing it.

---------- Post Merged at 08:50 PM ----------

Market your signature WHILE you learn silly. That's how it works. I came here because it was recommended i leave comments for marketing my link but now that im here, ive learned alot. Very knowledgable people here.

I'm with akifshamim. I just really want to know about affiliate marketing.
I have only just recently created account, and I feel like I have learned tons already!

MI
Back